DL without kids

Spoonful of Sugar

Mouseketeer
My friend and I are going to Disneyland for the first time on August 19. We're both in our 20s and don't have kids. Obviously, we like doing kid things. We're excited about riding the Dumbo ride and having a character breakfast, but if anyone has any suggestions for adult-style fun, that would be great too. Does DD have any good clubs? Are the musical shows, like Aladin and Snow White, entertaining for adults?

My husband and I go a lot (our kids are grown) - we have APs. It is fun to go without kids - you can be totally selfish about the rides you want to do - you can splurge a little on food when you are only feeding 2 - and you can sit around and people watch and not feel quilty about your kids missing something. I love it! We go more now than when we had APs with the kids.

Also - I did the Pat E Cake birthday party for my birthday and made my adult son, his GF, and my husband attend with me. It was fun - I was the only adult as a birthday person - so Pat E. Cake spent some time taking to me (I htink he gets tired of all the kids all of the time). We also did a character breakfast - it was real fun - the characters had conversations with us (the ones in heads could only answer questions and do hand signs) - but the Fairy Godmother talked to us like a normal person. It was kinda cool to hear her perspectives on her job etc.

I am sure you will have tons of fun! One thing I would like to do with a girlfriend is get an autograph book - and every little girl I see dressed as a princess - ask for their autograph - wouldn't that be fun? Sometimes I point and loudly explain - "there's Belle (or whatever the little girl is wearing) - and say "Hi Belle" - they get a real kick out of that and its fun to see their faces light up. So if you want some kid joy every now and then - try my little tricks/ :rolleyes:

oh and yes the in park shows are entertaining for adults too - I don't know about the clubs as I am "too old" for the club scene - but check who's in DTD - they have entertainment at some of the sites.

I'm in my 30's and most of my trips have been kid free. I'm going with three adult girlfriends in September (all married, but no kids) and we have tons of fun. Downtown Disney has a few bars/lounges that often have live music if you like that sort of thing. There's also some great shopping. The shows are very entertaining, don't miss Aladdin. I love Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, very funny! You might consider a tour such as A Walk in Walt's Footsteps. This is more adult geared. Definately do the character meals and Fantasyland rides. They are all a part of a great Disney experience, IMHO.

Ah ya, that's a fun time to go before you have kids :) We went on our honeymoon with a group of three friends and it was soooo fun. We didn't do any clubs; but we had just been in Vegas for the wedding :D One thing I highly recomend is splurging on a picture of you guys on a ride. It's rare for friends in their 20s to get pics together and the one I have of the five of us on Splash mountain is EASILY one of the best souvineers I've ever gotten on a vacation. Also enjoy all the big kid rides like Space Mountain etc; you never know the next time you go you might have kids and not so much freedom.

My friends and I do that all the time...it is a totally ME ME ME thing. We love it. Ride what we want, eat what we want, when we want...I have to admit it is definitely fun without kids or in my case grandkids. But it is a blast with the grandkids too. Just different.

You may want to check out who is playing at the House of Blues when you are there if you want a club feeling one evening. The ESPN zone is another great place to go and have a drink or two and the game room is over 18 unless children are supervised by an adult in the evenings (meaning no large groups of younger teenagers).

These are great tips everyone! I like the idea of asking the little "princesses" for their autographs; I might just use that one!

We go to DL a few times a year - but the 1st or 2nd Monday of each November before going to Palm Springs, my friend and I go by ourselves, while our hubbies are in a golf tournament. We have SOOO much fun - riding our fav rides - all the shopping we want - and usually dining at Blue Bayou (altho this year i have a nice surprise for her - lunch at Club 33)....Have fun - be spontaneous and just do what you want!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter