DL to Hollywood Walk of Fame

studog100

Mouseketeer
1st time to DL

How would I go about getting there...also maybe Rodeo Dr?

We fly into LAX around noon. We are renting a vehicle but since I dont know my way around, I really would prefer not to drive if I dont have to. But would like to hear advice from you vets.

Plan on staying at a DL resort and visiting USH using the free shuttle.

Thank you
Ken

We drove to the Tar Pits, and then over to the walk of fame, and it took us about 2 hours to get there! It also took about 2 hours to get back. We went on a Friday, so I dont know if the weekends are better.
Oh, and the drive from the airport was easy, it only took us about 40 min. There was almost no trafic when we went.

What may look like a short drive, can turn into a long time. We were 10 miles from my sister's house on the freeway, when traffic stopped and we crawled at 5 mph for 30 minutes!

That said, I would imagine it would take 1 -2 hours to get from DL to Hollywood. If you are unfamilar with LA, please get good maps, read them prior to driving, and even get online and get directions printed from a map website.

Have fun and enjoy!

Can anyone help with how to get there without driving. I know the underground goes to Hollywood and Highland I just don't know how to get there! I have an idea of what bus to get to the underground but no idea where to get it from. We will be staying at the Sheraton Anaheim on Disneyland Drive.

TIA!

I can't really help you with the no driving, but since you do have a vehicle it would be a waste not to use it. We went on our 1st trip to Calif. last year. We drove from SF to Yosemite to Montery to Cambria to Anaheim & all around LA relying strictly on Mapquest! I had a stack of printed point to point directions. We did not get lost at all.

Good Luck & Have Fun!

If you take the amtrak to union station, you can catch the metro red line right to Hollywood & Highland.

We took our first trip out to DL in 2005. We rented a car and used a map from our hotel to get around. We drove to Six Flags, Walk of fame, rodeo drive, Bel-Air, Beverly Hills, the ocean, Universal and it really wasn't that bad. Traffic wasn't to bad at all. We were there the first week of November. I think at most the longest trip was to the ocean because we drove thru Bel-Air, Beverly hills, rodeo drive, etc... It was alot of fun. That took about 2 hours. Everywhere else was about 30 minutes to one hour. Make sure that you go to the Diseny Studio store and Ice Cream parlor. It is on the walk of fame across the street from the Kodak Theater. They have the BEST ice cream!!

Have a great time!

If you take the amtrak to union station, you can catch the metro red line right to Hollywood & Highland.

Thanks, I will have to try and find out where the Amtrak goes from or get a cab to union station! We are determined to get into Hollywood this year!

The Anaheim Station is at the Anaheim Stadium parking lot, 2150 E. Katella

Woody

You'd have to take a cab to Anaheim Station, pay $12 per person for Amtrak train tickets up to Union Station(one way price, not sure about round trip) (Amtrak.com....the station codes are ANA and LAX)....and then $2.50 for a round trip metro ticket to Hollywood and Highland.
The metro red line schedule is at mta.net if you want to print out a trip plan.

But car is much much easier if you avoid the traffic times, 8am to 10am and 4pm to 7:15pm

Another good reason to drive is that you can then go to Bev Hills, or Bel Air, or The Grove, or the Tar Pits, or the Zoo.....as you are going to find that Hollywood "ain't all that" and in itself isn't worth the long round trip train/metro/taxi mess, unless you are combining it with a visit to Universal Studios or something.

The idea of a car sounds a possibility but just seeing the 'stars' on the walk of fame and el capitan/soda fountain and the Hollywood sign. Most people say the Hollywood Universal isn't all that good. Really we just want a short break from DL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter