DL questions - please help!

froggy33

DIS Veteran
Hello all. Thanks in advance!! My DH and I will be going to DL April 9-13. I just have a few questions.

As of right now there are no parades/entertainment/fireworks scheduled for any day we are there. Is it likely that they will at least add some, maybe on the weekends? I have seen all and they are so great, I would love my DH to see them!

I am debating between the Tropicana and the Camelot, which do you think is better?

Does the current "5 for the price of 3 at a Good Neighbor Hotel" count as a package so I can get 0% on my Disney Visa?

I think that is it, thanks so much!!!

I'm sure that you can exit at any ride but you will probably get some naaaaaasty looks from people (and innocent doubletakes from people like me) while waiting in those lines while pg.

For Screamin', he should use a single rider pass. Get pass from CM near the measuring stick, go back out and up the little hill, go in the wheelchair entrance and stand right there in the Single Rider line. SRs load, in my very recent experience, from the opposite side of the ride than the normal line does. On a cold cold rainy january night (last Friday) I was on the ride in under 2 minutes from when I got the pass from the CM.

I personally am sensitive and especially so when pg, so there's just no way I would stand in any of those lines unless I had a huge, multilingual, sign around both sides of my neck saying "I'm not riding, I'm just waiting!", and that's not likely to happen. But you might be stronger than I am! :)

I'd just have him get FP for those rides. Screamin and Indiana Jones offer Single rider SOMEtimes, but at particularly slow or busy times, they do not offer it as an option, so plan accordingly. You will be there during a pretty busy week (spring break for all So. Cal schools) so don't expect single rider to be in operation all the time. Plan to use FP. As a bonus, if you use FP, you can get TWO of them, so he can ride twice.

However, EVERY ride at DL/DCA has a "chicken exit". I, personally, think it would be amusing making people think you are going to ride. :rolleyes1

This is slightly off topic. I was talking to CMs a couple yrs ago at DL- asking if they ever saw pregnant women riding the roller coasters. They said they see plenty of them. I was pregnant at the time, so I was curious. I wound up going on Indiana Jones, but that was the extent of it. I actually wouldn't have gone on it if I would have known how bumpy it was. I didn't remember it being like that (it had been several yrs since I rode it.) It wasn't until I waited in a long line that I saw the sign that discouraged expectant mothers from riding. I wasn't aware of the exits, so I went ahead w/ it. Fortunately it wasn't bad though.

Ha! I thought about all the stares I would get...I would be guilty of it if not pregnant as well. I have heard about pregnant women riding different rides. There are some heated discussions about it over on the DW boards. I was at DW in early November and so happened to be about 4 days preggers (didn't know obviously) and went on Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest, but I did stay away from the really bumpy ones just in case (we had been trying). (Space Mountain is soooo much bumpier in DW). I'll just have him do fast pass or single rider and I'll get my shopping on - baby stuff!!!

So it is spring break for So. Cal. I wondered - but had heard that the week before and after Easter would likely be it. I guess since Easter is so early this year, they pushed spring break back. Thanks for the heads up. We have up to five days to hang out and aren't worried about hitting all the big rides. (We've been to DW a lot!)

Thanks!!!

Oh I'm not knowledgable of when schools in SoCal might have spring break, but I think that it's important to know that spring break nationwide goes on for ever. I take late Feb through the end of April to possibly be a spring break somewhere, and there will be crowds at destination vacation places when people are on break. Not to mention around here (WA) they have Mid Winter Break, then a delayed Spring break because of it, so there's two little vacays where WA families might be going somewhere fun.

Thanks for the info. We are actually only going because I have a conference in San Diego the few days prior, so my husband is meeting me out there for one last vacation before the baby comes. I've been to Disney World in the middle of July. If I can handle that, I should be peachy in Disneyland.

Thanks again though!!!

So it is spring break for So. Cal. I wondered - but had heard that the week before and after Easter would likely be it. I guess since Easter is so early this year, they pushed spring break back. Thanks for the heads up. We have up to five days to hang out and aren't worried about hitting all the big rides. (We've been to DW a lot!)

Thanks!!!

I live 1/2 hour north of DL and my kids spring break is 3/28-4/6. My nephews live in San Diego and they get 2 weeks off for Spring Break 4/6-4/20.

But like Bumbershoot said, schools are out at all different times for spring break, so there will be some schools out during the time you are there.

Hello all. Thanks in advance!! My DH and I will be going to DL April 9-13. I just have a few questions.

As of right now there are no parades/entertainment/fireworks scheduled for any day we are there. Is it likely that they will at least add some, maybe on the weekends? I have seen all and they are so great, I would love my DH to see them!

There will definately be all of the above going on at this time. It's a busy time at Disneyland.

There will probably be a one showing of Fantamic and the parade during the week. Weekends will have 2 parades and 2 showings for Fantasmic. If it gets really crowded, they will add a 3rd showing of Fantasmic on the weekends. Fireworks will also be nightly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter