DL - Best Time To Go in June?

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi - our kids end school first week of June. We're thinking of taking a trip to DL. What's the best time in June to go? Thanks :)

The week before school gets out! ;) :lmao:

Finding Nemo Subs are still scheduled to open June 11, I believe, so I would think anything after that will be PEAK summer crowds. It will be busier on weekends and towards the end of the month, I'm sure. So I'd go as early as possible.

Some rides will be down at the beginning of the month, so you might want to plan around that. You can check out closures at

http://www.riderefurbs.com

There are tradeoffs between early and late June.

Early June (up to June 14): Less crowds, shorter park hours, limited shows during weekdays, no Fantasmic show, no Nemo Sub ride until June 11

Late June (after June 14): More crowded as the month progresses, longer park hours, full show schedule daily, Fantasmic back up, Nemo Sub ride open

I'd definitely go during "late June" because of the longer hours and FNSV.

Im going the first week of june. Granted yes Fantasmic will be down, but mostly everything else will be up, and all the other shows that are offered in the parks will be playing. I cant be garunteed that the Nemo Sub will be running on the 11th, but I would rather give it up and go early in the month to avoid most crowd levels and come back later to see the sub when the hype goes down.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any input on a hotel in the area? There will be 4 of us - me. DH and 2 kiddos - 4 yrs and 8 yrs. Thanks again! :)

There are some really great hotels in the surrounding off site area. Ones that are mentioned often on this site, is the Hojo, Carousel Inn, Candy cane inn, Fairfield Inn, Ramada Inn Main Gate, Desert Palms Hotel and Suites, some also like the Clarion and Anabella hotels. You could go onto the disneyland.com website and look up the hotels that they offer, or go onto sites like travelocity or expedia to see what kind of packages they offer. Also check with AAA and costco. They have hotel and trip packages as well.

We'll be there May 31 - June 2 and although I hate to miss Fantasmic it really gives me one less thing to worry about scheduling! We'll be trying to do rides and parades and Ariels' Grotto and all that and I think early June is still good. We may have loads of locals there on the Friday and Saturday night but since we used to be locals we're fine.

We like the Carousel usually but we got really good rates at the Desert Inn and with 6 of us the suite will be good to have.

Have Fun!

I really like the Anaheim Marriott. It's big and very comfortable. The rooms are very nice and I believe they have a shuttle to DLR.

Good question... I would think any bed at the end of the day though would feel like a cloud. :cloud9: :rotfl:

Yeah -my Husband would LOVE for me to agree to that....lol....He calls it "picky," I call it sensitive to comfort....lol.... AN uncomfortable bed makes for a bad next day....lol...:sad2:

True, I know what your saying though some beds can be a nightmare. Backache and neck pain the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter