DIY jeep and arrivecan

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
Hello anyone out there who has done the DIY jeep in Skagway! do I need to do arrivecan app when coming back? How was it for you? I’ve seen lots of reports but all pre Covid looking for something fresh. Thanks!

Are they allowing it? I know some of the Alaska excursions that usually crossed into Canada are cancelled or modified to stay on the US side.

Are they allowing it? I know some of the Alaska excursions that usually crossed into Canada are cancelled or modified to stay on the US side.
I think that was when testing to get back into the United States was in play. I saw someone else’s report from the first week in June that used beyond Skagway and they crossed the border. Not sure what the difference is having a driver vs. driving yourself.

We’re doing this in August - I plan to do ArriveCAN, but read a report somewhere that ArriveCAN was never checked at the border crossing (it may have been on cruise critic).

We just returned from our Alaksa cruise (not on DCL but we saw the Wonder from our ship). We rented a car through AVIS which is the same place that they DIY Jeeps are I believe. It was on 2nd and State St. Anyhow, we drove into Canada without any problems. All we had to do was show our passports for the 6 of us in the car and he asked why we were coming to Canada. We told him we were visiting Tutshi Dog Sledding Camp and he handed us back our passports and we were on our way. Same as returning to the U.S. Just showed our passports and we were done. It was a very easy process.

We just returned from our Alaksa cruise (not on DCL but we saw the Wonder from our ship). We rented a car through AVIS which is the same place that they DIY Jeeps are I believe. It was on 2nd and State St. Anyhow, we drove into Canada without any problems. All we had to do was show our passports for the 6 of us in the car and he asked why we were coming to Canada. We told him we were visiting Tutshi Dog Sledding Camp and he handed us back our passports and we were on our way. Same as returning to the U.S. Just showed our passports and we were done. It was a very easy process.
Did you stop anywhere else?

Just be aware that DIY Jeeps was bought by Avis. Last week they offered us SUVs as they said Avis had sold off the higher value Jeeps. You can get a better price booking through Avis.

We went to Emerald Lake and back. Lovely drive, but not a Jeep adventure

Just be aware that DIY Jeeps was bought by Avis. Last week they offered us SUVs as they said Avis had sold off the higher value Jeeps. You can get a better price booking through Avis.

We went to Emerald Lake and back. Lovely drive, but not a Jeep adventure
Thank you! Don’t really care so much if it’s a jeep just something that will get my family of 4 to point A and b.

Thanks @Wedgero - we switched to a different company because of the recent DIY jeep reviews, and saved some decent $$.

We’re doing this in August - I plan to do ArriveCAN, but read a report somewhere that ArriveCAN was never checked at the border crossing (it may have been on cruise critic).
They don't usually ask for it because it comes up on the screen when they scan your passport. If you haven't filled out ArriveCan, you can get a huge fine or be quarantined so you definitely want that filled out!

They don't usually ask for it because it comes up on the screen when they scan your passport. If you haven't filled out ArriveCan, you can get a huge fine or be quarantined so you definitely want that filled out!

Thanks - hence why I said I planned to fill it out!

I booked through Avis all they had left were SUVs was a 100$ less than the jeep place so pretty happy! Not sure why I’m so nervous about this I worry about showing up and no car and then no puppies and then sad kids…. I like the idea of going at our own pace.

I live in Washington state and go to BC quite often. I did the Arrivecan and uploaded all my documents last year. I now just login in before going over the boarder and update what boarder and what day. I have never shown any document or QR code again. They seem to have my information in the computer. Not sure if that helps.

I live in Washington state and go to BC quite often. I did the Arrivecan and uploaded all my documents last year. I now just login in before going over the boarder and update what boarder and what day. I have never shown any document or QR code again. They seem to have my information in the computer. Not sure if that helps.
Thank you very helpful!!! So when we dock in Skagway I can fire up the app and do this.

I am in Canada right now. Forgot about Arrivecan till 8pm the the day before leaving, logged in and updated. Went over the boarder at 6am the next day, they did not even ask my name. Just made sure my kids were my kids. Very easy. I usually do it 3 days before but it worked one day ahead. I assume you could do it day of but would check the website,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter