Distroyed Plants at Boardwalk! WOW I am shocked at some of these responses!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean how do I know!!! I asked! I am completely disappointed in some of these reponses. I asked the front desk if it was an owner staying and the name of the person staying was different from the owner. They stated it was either renters or family. The manager also stated if it was family do you think they would distroy families property!! Wow! I am shocked, I really thought people who put their money into something would care more!!! I guess I was wrong!!!! I never said I looked down on anyone! I also never stated they were rich or poor!!! We really have a lot of people with issues on this board. Term meaning trash is that the kids destroyed property and when parents were confronted they just laughed and said they didn't care!!!! Thats what I consider trash!!!!! People who destroy things that don't belong to them and laugh about it as if its a joke!!!! I spend thousands of dollars a year to have a family trips to Disney I want my resort kept up nicely!!!!! Shame on any of you who responded in a negative manner!!!!!
WOW

What do you mean how do I know!!! I asked! I am completely disappointed in some of these reponses. I asked the front desk if it was an owner staying and the name of the person staying was different from the owner. They stated it was either renters or family. The manager also stated if it was family do you think they would distroy families property!! Wow! I am shocked, I really thought people who put their money into something would care more!!! I guess I was wrong!!!! I never said I looked down on anyone! I also never stated they were rich or poor!!! We really have a lot of people with issues on this board. Term meaning trash is that the kids destroyed property and when parents were confronted they just laughed and said they didn't care!!!! Thats what I consider trash!!!!! People who destroy things that don't belong to them and laugh about it as if its a joke!!!! I spend thousands of dollars a year to have a family trips to Disney I want my resort kept up nicely!!!!! Shame on any of you who responded in a negative manner!!!!!
WOW

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
***"Please lets consider raising our rental prices."***

Look at the OP's post count. How would he/she know where the points were rented & how much they paid ?

This thread has nothing to do with "dEstruction" of property ,( I doubt the dEstruction ever took place).

Thank you! That was the first thing I thought of. This is just a thread to get us to rally upping the price of points.

I wondered, if the OP knew that the two families were renters, and WHO they rented FROM, the OP must of had some communication with one or both families. Why not march the kids to the parents themselves, and speak to the parents directly?

Oh and BTW, to the OP...I am sorry but in my opinion, we owners can rent for as much as we want, it is what the renter is willing to PAY. I tried to cash in on some points, and thought I would see what happened if I offered my points at $11/points. I eventually lowered it to $10. Why would someone pay ME $11 when they can pay someone else $10 or LESS? You will never get a universal price on rentals. You have some people who feel $10/point is more than enough, and some others who even thing $7/point is more than enough. But overall, right now the market is justifying the $10/point and it doesn't seem like it will change in the near future....so GIVE UP already, please!

10gigi
go back and reread your first post - you are implying that people with more money would not act in this manner - when just about the opposite is true in real life (well mind anyway).

the people with money I know act like someone should pick up after them.....they shouldn't be treated like everyone else.....

if this is just a post to get people to up what they are renting - not gonna happen here - you can always rent through your local papers and charge more.

***"I asked the front desk if it was an owner staying and the name of the person staying was different from the owner. They stated it was either renters or family. "***

Honestly, I don't believe you. The front desk would not give out this kind of info.

You blew your cover when the last line of your topic was basically "let's raise those points prices".

If I offend you....put me on your ignore list.

That is shocking! Shocking that the front desk would tell you who was in that room, if they were a member and if the names matched!

I have a little experience with hotel management, and the front desk staff rules I am familar with would get the person giving you that information fired. Terrible breech of privacy.

I guess I am on the wrong board! I can't not believe these comments. I will not be posting anymore with this type of attitude. I just feel that if the price is more then maybe people would care more. Rent your points out for a dollar for all I care. There are some real wacked people on this board!!! To all of you who really understood what my point was, Thank you. The rest of you, deal with your issues and stop trying to put your issues on someone else who really cares about DVC.
Good Bye

Sorry but they did tell me they were owners and they did say it was not the name of the owner staying!!! You are so wacked!!!! Get a life!!!!! GEt a life!!!!!

Originally posted by 10gigi
WOW

I think the question is..how do you know the people are renting from someone from this BOARD? Not only is it quite unlikely that any CM would give out info informing YOU as to the arrangements other owners have made with their points (i.e, are they the actuall owners staying in the resort, or someone else) but are you also saying that they told you it was friends or family, then told you the name of the owner and that they were regular posters on the DIS DVC board? WOW! All this because you witnessed a couple of kids make a mess with a plant.

Also, you never said in your original OP that the parents laughed when they were confronted.

Another also, the manager actually SAYING "if it were family ,do you really think they would destroy property" LMAO!!!! Oh I am sure as a manager of a resort as big as BCV, that manager sees ALOT of destruction, so you are saying he believes it is all coming from renters????

That's it.....I demand we all stop renting and/or gifting our points out. The only people allowed to stay on DVC property should be DVC owners themselves! No OUTSIDERS. They destroy things.

I am very scared to think that anybody could walk up to the front desk and ask a CM if the family staying in room 429 are the actual owners or a renter.....WOWSA.

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
[B
Honestly, I don't believe you. The front desk would not give out this kind of info.

[/B]

I absolutely agree. The front desk NEVER gives out that kind of info. And so what if the names did not match. This would not necessarily mean that these people were not related.

Something is not quite right here. The story is just a bit too far fetched for me to believe.

I am not telling a lie!!!! This is true!!! Why are there so many wacked people on this board!!!!!!!!!!!
I never implied people with money wouldn't do this.

There are people with some real problems on this board and it came out on this thread! Some real big leaps were made by some small minds here on this thread!! I have seen it before.

You have real problems in life!!! Something is missing in your life that you have to be so negative to someone you don't even know!!! I do not lie and I do not care for your rude statements!! This happened and I really don't care for your attitude. People like you bring DVC a bad name!!! Please sell your points and move on with you troubled life!!!!!

Click the "profile" button under my name......

Scroll to the bottom of the page.....

Click the "ignore this poster"......

I'm sorry, but for anyone on the fence on this issue, let's just look at that first post:

I am still very upset because everytime someone rents to trash like this family, the Boardwalk or other DVC resorts will be distroyed.(sic)

Trash? The obvious connotation here is "white trash" or "trailer trash" (which is very unfair to most trailer home owners, imho). The author seems to be implying that the people renting were of "lesser" economic standing. At a minimum of $8-10/point, it's hard to imagine that. There are still much cheaper properties around. I've stayed at the All Stars several times (where, yes, the median family income is probably less than DVC resorts) and haven't seen this sort of behavior.

This also makes our maintance fees go up. I really think we are renting our resorts out way to cheap.

Here the author reveals the point of the argument - to justify a general increase in the rental value of points.

These two famlies didn't even care about their sons distroying (sic) our property.

As others have mentioned, I think it would be fair to say that more wealthy families would be more apt to this behavior. After all, if caught they can easily pay for the plants.

These families rented from someone on this board.

This is where the author really stretches pausibility. There is no possible way they could know this without breaching hotel security policies. And even then, they would have to know the names of people who rent out on this board and hope there wasn't another DVC member with the same name!

Please lets consider raising our rental prices.
Still very upset!!!!

Restating the argument - i.e. I want to rent my points for more.

I asked the front desk and it was an owner who made reservations but the name was different from the owner! So it was either a family member or a renter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either a family member or a renter? Wait a minute - didn't they rent "from somone on this board"? One should try to keep their story straight at least until it's over.

My opinion, this is merely a troll. I suppose it might be said that it is a troll better than most - a troll with a purpose (other than drawing flames). This troll wants to increase the market value of the points she or he holds.

Unfortunately, the reasons given do not even justify that action in the least.

I really dont know anyone on this board personally, but it is fairly obvious that the OP has ulterior motives and its pretty pathetic

***-u-me. Forgot about the filter. the word is assume and I wasn't trying to be off color, just making a point. My apologies.

Sounds like a lot of assumptions are being made. I don't know who is right.

One thing I know is when I posted something that was verifiable I got the " I looked at the number of posts he had and it was low and thought he was causing trouble until I researched it."

Folks take another look at that first word. There is a lot of it taking place on this thread.

When you point a finger at someone, remember there are three more pointing back at you.

By the way isn't there a rule about personal attacks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter