Disposing of diapers while in the park?

TinkBink

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what is proper etiquette for disposing of diapers in the park? I was planning on bringing ziploc bags to put the dirty diaper in but is it acceptable to then put it in the bathroom trash can or do people wait to dispose of the bag until they get back to their hotel room?

Just wondering what is proper etiquette for disposing of diapers in the park? I was planning on bringing ziploc bags to put the dirty diaper in but is it acceptable to then put it in the bathroom trash can or do people wait to dispose of the bag until they get back to their hotel room?
we have always just used the trash can near the changing table

Okay thank you! I assumed but this is just our first time traveling anywhere with a little one so I'm just trying to make sure I've covered everything I need to know!

Also the zip lock bags may be a good idea to keep your room from smelling but I wouldn't waste the bag for the trash can in the bathrooms that are constantly being serviced.

Also the zip lock bags may be a good idea to keep your room from smelling but I wouldn't waste the bag for the trash can in the bathrooms that are constantly being serviced.
Same. The bathroom trash is regularly taken out - no need to bag the diaper.

Dirty diapers, pooper scoopings, etc. may go in any regular trash, after secure wrapping in plastic bags, fish wrapping paper, etc. using tape or ties so as to inhibit becoming exposed and smearing on the inner surfaces of trash containers, vacuum trash transport pipelines, etc. In the afternoon in your room (after Mousekeeping has made its rounds) you may prefer to wrap such materials in plastic to reduce odors that night.

Last edited:
Whoa? Keep them all day in the Florida heat???
YIKES!

Toss them i the garbage near the changing table.
Cast members remove trash and clean stalls multiple times per day.

We carry doggie poop bags, so if it's a messy diaper, we wrap it up and throw it in any trash can. Regular pee diapers get neatly wound up and tossed. In our room, we wrap poopy diapers up in doggie bags as well.

I always used those Munchkin baggies when in public and tossed the diaper in the trash can closest to the baby changing station.

you did not mention but even I the Ziploc bag you may still be able to smell when leaving in trash in your room. you might want to check and see if you can find a larger can outside of your room. just something more to think about. you might try over night the Ziploc at home so you know how well it works before you arrive at Disney. Ps I would mot plan on sitting on balcony with door closed as bag could be attacked by critters

When changing in the room, use the doggie pop bags and then walk to the outside trash room so it doesn't stink up the room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter