Disneyworld novice planning first trip (honeymoon!)

Mr_Bear

Earning My Ears
Hi guys! I'm looking at booking a couple of weeks at Disneyworld for our honeymoon after we get married in September 2010. I have never been to any disney park, hardly been out of the country, and basically I am starting with no clue!

Hopefully you guys could help me with a few things :)

1. Has anyone here honeymooned in Disneyworld? What was your experience?
2. Two people, 14 days, start of September 2010 - what kind of cost am I looking at?
3. Where's the best place to start my research? Any good links?

Thanks for any help you can give, guys!

PS - Is Disneyworld a good honeymoon idea anyway? It'll be a secret 'till we get to the airport! :)

we got married and honeymooned in disney last year and loved it but we are big disney fans

you can get just married badges from any guest services and most people will congratulate you and in some places you may get free desserts

You can also buy bride and groom hats and this just makes you stand out more

We are going 1st sept 2010 for 14 days and are staying at Saratoga springs resort as its a really good deal for next year with 42% off and free dining. If we were to stay in a studio which is a room with a small kitchen it would be £1400 for both of us and the for 14 day disney passes around £470 for both of us. We then do our flights seperataly as it works out cheaper

disneys own website is really good and you will find a wealth of info on here as well both the resorts boards for pics of hotels and if you get the free dining the restaurant boards for some nice restaurants to eat at

Disney world in florida is one of the top places in the world to honeymoon so you wont be on your own!

Hiya!

You could go post on the wedding planning board for ideas- lots of people will give you some amazing ideas - if your on a budget, people will suggest things on a budget!

I think a Disneymoon will be the best!!!

There really are so many things you can do when Disneymooning'!!

Hi guys! I'm looking at booking a couple of weeks at Disneyworld for our honeymoon after we get married in September 2010. I have never been to any disney park, hardly been out of the country, and basically I am starting with no clue!

Hopefully you guys could help me with a few things :)

1. Has anyone here honeymooned in Disneyworld? What was your experience?
2. Two people, 14 days, start of September 2010 - what kind of cost am I looking at?
3. Where's the best place to start my research? Any good links?

Thanks for any help you can give, guys!

PS - Is Disneyworld a good honeymoon idea anyway? It'll be a secret 'till we get to the airport! :)

Welcome to the Disboards! :grouphug:

You have come to the right place!

You need to decide what you want to do -

1/ Onsite or Offsite
2/ Dining plan or not (Onsite stayers only) Staying offsite will be cheaper for hotel and eating as you can eat anywhere and Disney restaurants are expensive - but the food is great!
3/Car hire? - easier with if staying offsite, handy if staying onsite if you want to visits other parks like Universal, SeaWorldetc...

It might be worth reading a few trip reports to gain an idea of what you want to do.

We are a friendly bunch, so don't be shy ask your questions as often as they pop up and someone will always answer you!

Oh, and how romantic :lovestruc- a secret destination honeymoon - most important packing item is comfy shoes!!:rotfl:

Happy planning!:cheer2:

Hi!

Welcome to the Dis!:goodvibes

We got married at Disney and honeymooned there - it was great! You can't beat Disney for excellent service at any time, but all the cast members really went out of their way to make us feel extra special! As others have said you can get bride and groom ears and badges to wear, which adds to the fun (and the attention!!). Disney is such a great holiday whether honeymooning or not - so much to do there you won't have a minute of boredom! Plenty of relaxing things to do as well, as well as "honeymooney" stuff such as spa's, and very romantic restaurants.

This site is the best for information - I also love www.allearsnet.com for detailed information and pictures . . . you can join up to their weekly newsletter which has great features and tips! As someone else said read some trip reports on here as well - they always give me loads of ideas for things I wouldn't otherwise have thought of!

When you have had a look around all the different sites make sure you ask all the questions you need to about different resorts / restaurants etc. There are so many to choose from but you will always get an answer here!

We always book a package through Virgin because we like the ease of having the whole booking (flight, hotel, car and park tickets) in one place, and the security of a rep if something goes wrong. You can certainly get it cheaper if you book everything independently though.

Happy planning!

If your looking for help you've come to the right place, as others have said there are so many options open to you it can be really overwhelming.
Whilst we love staying on site in Disney hotels we also love the freedom of staying off site (cars a must for staying off site in my opinion) it also depends on your budget.

The biggest costs are your flights and park tickets.
The offer that Disney is running for free dining for next year (your dates will fall within this time period) is a pretty good deal, what you are basically doing is buying a room with Disney and also your park tickets (only Disney tickets, if your going to visit seaworld or universal etc you need to purchase these separately) then you get the free dining plan, this is a mega saving as eating at Disney restaurants is quite costly.

We got married 3 years ago at Disney and love the place, we don't have kids and plan on keeping it that way!LOL. We've been to Orlando around 15 times in the last 7 years and still always find something new to do and I'm quite sure it's a place we will visit for many years to come.

I would price up a flight, hotel, car hire and tickets and then also get a price with a travel agent to compare prices, try the usual places like virgin, first choice etc.

If you've got any questions let us know.

Sam

Welcome Mr Bear, many say that booking it DIY rather than via a travel agent is cheaper and that was certainly true for our trip this year. However we did book two previous trips via travel agent until we found our feet.

Lots of resources and of course the DIS is top of the list with lots of invaluable information. Allears is also very good and mousesavers is also worth a look.

We started with the Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney Disney which is a great book and suggest you get yourself a copy

Hi i agree with all the post so far, this site is perfect for any questions you have,
i got married in Disney 5 years ago, so perfect in imo, for honeymoon.:thumbsup2

Not sure what your budget is, but if you can, stay on site, as you always feel part of the magic. for a honeymoon CBR or POR if Mod or even better AKL. The other thing that we did was discovery cove and that was amazing, it feels like another world. :)
Good Luck and Happy Planning:cool1:

We had a WDW honeymoon and I truely dont think there is anywhere better for a honeymoon!

We flew virgin upper class from gatwick and stayed at AKL (animal kingdom lodge) club level. Both virgin and Disney did a fantastic job of making it the most magical and memorable holiday we'll ever have!

As for the best source of info - as others have said, right here! - or at least we'll point you in the right direction!

Have either of you ever been to any other disney parks? or america before?

Be careful though, like with the wedding, the more you look into it the more special things you'll want to do and costs will spiral!

A disneymoon is great me & my hubby had ours there last year & we wouldn't of wanted to have been anywhere else. As people have said you can get the badges & people will say congrates to you all the time which makes you feel so much more special while you are walking around.

With the planning we went via a travel agent, its only with this trip coming up that I am looking at other ways to make it cheaper :)

We honeymooned at WDW (and coincidentally our next trip is also booked for Sept 2010!). There is so much you can do (parks and beyond) as a honeymooning couple.

If you can get away with keeping it hidden I'd suggest finding a travel guide book that you like as a starting point. I read Birnbaum's guide cover to cover more than once before we first visited (on our honeymoon trip) - well before I'd discovered the Disboards :rotfl:

This place is fantastic for reseaching and I've not seen a question yet that someone out there can't answer!

We started with the Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney Disney which is a great book and suggest you get yourself a copy

That would be my advice too! And the Brit's Guide - which is more digestible!

we honeymooned at WDW 31 years ago, and i can't think of a better place...

you'll have a magical time!!

but a word of warning -
once you've been there, you may be struck down by the same bug that bit the rest of us....
disneyholism :eek: :eek: :eek:
the need to begin planning your next trip back the moment you return home....
and visit again year after year after year....

you've been warned!!! :goodvibes

We also honeymooned at Disney after getting married there, and it was absolutely the best decision!

Everyone else has given you lots of great advice, but if you want some ideas, please feel free to follow my trip report, which is still in progress :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter