No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Okahumpka. First stop on turnpike, but I can't wake DW and the dds for donuts.

WP_002382.jpg

It's 3:50 AM. What's their problem?

Last edited:

Well, we drove on into WDW and stopped for coffee at waffle house. Not as good as Dunkin Donuts, but caffeine helps.

WP_002388.jpg

5:30 AM and arrived at CR. The dds found the tv immediately.

Last edited:
You driving straight through.. or you stopping to sleep?:confused3

Straight thru.

I finally made it and am all caught up. Long week at work. Hope your trip is great. Can't wait to hear more.

Glad you found the way over. Watch out for some of the snarkiness.

Did Norm cancel the trip?

Where are the updates?:scratchin

I can only drive 90. :lmao:

NORM!!
ahem, sorry.. I'm in. If for nothing else than to see
1) if you can keep up your post pace away from a keyboard and mouse, and
2) if that Aztek can really make it to DW. Back when they first came out, I'd pull up next to one in my Firebird and think "These two vehicles CAN'T be from the same company!" :rotfl: Tell me, Norm; did Pontiac build excitement into them, too? I mean, without the rocket launcher.

Hope y'all have a safe journey and GREAT trip!

ETA.. missed the front page by -><- THAT much

I was cruising at 80 at less than 2.5 RPM. I ran it up to 90 a few times with no problem. It has a big V6 & a lot of horsepower. But, your firebird and my Aztek end up in the same place as GM killed the Pontiac division. My posts are mostly cell phone and iPad.

After a 30 minute nap at the CR lobby, charging cell phone, and a cafe mocha, it is time for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We rode the monorail past the new GF DVC, but I missed a photo op. I'll get one later. While I don't plan to buy points there, it will be cool to stay there one day (maybe).

Other side of Nashville. South bound ...

temporary-112.jpg

ahhhh home!!!, glad to see yall made it safe. hopefully you did a winning dance for the titans when you passed the stadium:banana:

Glad you made it safely. Now try to get some sleep sometime. Great start of the trip with Park Fare.

Some more pictures from 1900 Park Fare.

The food has declined there over the years, but the girls still love the characters. The croissants were excellent.

Tigger.

WP_002408.jpg

Alice.

WP_002407.jpg

Winnie the Pooh.

WP_002394.jpg

Last edited:
We walked around the GF and took some pictures.

A new splash area with Alice and Hatter theming.

WP_002414.jpg

Last edited:
Then, as the room wasn't ready, off to DTD for some shopping. I picked up some pins I had missed over the years and am happy. We shopped some at World of Disney just to kill some time, waiting for our room to be ready. The cell phone battery gave the critical power warning, and my battery was about dead, so I said, let's go back to BLT, find a seat in lobby, and recharge ourselves and phones. Just as the bus pulled into the CR bus stop and I exited the bus, text message that the room was ready at noon.

That extra special Disney magic - yeah that's right- Disneytopia.

We are on the 14th floor on the south side. I'll post more pics later.
WP_002441.jpg

Waiting at elevator.
WP_002442.jpg

Been my background phone picture for years.

WP_002472.jpg

Last edited:
If you are back at DTD, Can you check for WDW Cell phone Case for SAMSUNG GALAXY S III

Take a pic and PM me, or text it to me... please :)

No park day today?

I will follow I need a Dsiney fix we leave ourself in 49 day not nearly ready...

If you are back at DTD, Can you check for WDW Cell phone Case for SAMSUNG GALAXY S III

Take a pic and PM me, or text it to me... please :)

No park day today?

I didn't see them earlier, but will be back tomorrow and will check. No park today and tomorrow. You did read my itenerary on page 1? :lmao:

I will follow I need a Dsiney fix we leave ourself in 49 day not nearly ready...

Welcome aboard. The more the merrier.

Went down to the pool for a few hours. I managed another 15 minute nap in the sun. It felt so good. so did the Yuengling draft beer.

We are taking our weekly showers (that's what we do in KY), check out the community hall, gift shop, and then onto California Grill. We decided to move Mass until tomorrow morning as we are all to tired to get lost driving thru Orlando today.

Last edited:
WP_002887.jpg
Dinner time. Stopped at Outer Rim for another Yuengling Draft.

Heading to California Grill.

Last edited:
Some more pictures from 1900 Park Fare.

The food has declined there over the years, but the girls still love the characters. The croissants were excellent.

Hatter.
temporary-118.jpg

I can tell by the pic, this is the Madhatter that can perfectly cross his eyes, my son thinks he's creepy:rotfl:
Did you have any strawberry soup:confused3

You got to be one tired pup, after the drive and all day of touring:crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter