DisneySea 35th Happiest Celebration visit

Discussion in 'Tokyo Disneyland' started by DrakesTravels, Nov 4, 2018.

1. DrakesTravels

DrakesTravels Earning My Ears

Although Disney Sea hasn't been around for 35 years, it's still part of the 35th Happiest Celebration at Tokyo Disneyland. I went this summer and was pleasantly surprised in early June the park wasn't very crowded. Of course there's some rain this time of year and locals weren't out of school till later in the month. Highly recommend this park and even though I live in Orlando, I rank it as one of my favorites. I made a trip summary video (attached).

One of the fun and unique experiences for the 35th celebration was a "Disney Rally Tunnel" at the 1:10 mark. Has anyone seen anything like this anywhere else? Felt like celebrity/athlete entering a big tournament/match- really cool!

ChrisFL and Haley R like this.
  2. TipsyTraveler

TipsyTraveler DIS Veteran

That was cool! Was the tunnel for anything in particular like at an entrance or exit, or where they just randomly standing there for people to go through?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DrakesTravels

Just a random thing. They formed an entrance (in the middle or nowhere specific) and had music to gain attention. Once through, park visitors could add on the back to grow the tunnel.

TipsyTraveler likes this.
  5. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

Were you there the first week of June? We will be there the second week and I’m hoping for little to no rain and low crowds. We will be prepared for the rain no matter what though!

6. DrakesTravels

We were at Disney Sea actually close to the third week - I think June 20th. I recall seeing signs stating rates were going up around the 4th week. After a little research I found out local school kids were starting their school break which would also bring the crowds. The rain wasn't bad - enough to get wet but not a down pour and wearing a rain coat would have made you sweat. Nothing like a Disney Florida rain.

The only downside, but an indication of a slow period, was the closure of key attractions. Both Space Mountain and Journey to the Center of the Earth were closed to get ready for the summer crowds. Check in advance what is closed so you can plan accordingly if you plan to hit these key attractions.

I'm planning to go back in June also. I think the biggest thing get there the first few weeks to beat the crowds. A little online research might reveal the times to avoid. You'll also pay less for hotels and Japan in general won't be as crowded for sightseeing.

The day before Disney Sea we went to Disneyland and have a video of that activity if you haven't seen. At Disneyland we had a little rain but didn't recall any rain at Disney Sea.

From a crowd, temperature, and cost perspective highly recommend an early June trip.

Haley R likes this.
  7. Haley R

Thanks for all of the info! We already have our plane tickets and everything booked. We just have some hotels to book still. We will be in Japan from May 28-June 15, but at Disney from June 9-15. Sounds like we should be in good shape crowd wise. I’m really hoping too many rides aren’t closed because they already announced that most of westernland will be closed.

It was too hot for a rain coat? Would a poncho work?

8. DrakesTravels

I would recommend the poncho route since you can fold it up easy and lite weight. The Japanese culture is big on umbrellas so you will see a lot of those every wear if an option. It's hard to say since you have to pack for trip what's best. We actually didn't take either and just went between attractions since the rain wasn't hard. Also consider what type of shoes since puddling can happen in certain areas and wet shoes and socks aren't a good thing. We did flip flops and crocs so walking in water wasn't a big deal.

9. Haley R

We will definitely bring our ponchos. I’m not sure if we will bring umbrellas too or not. I bought one pair of sandals already and I’m planning on getting another pair that is closed toe since we will be doing some hiking on our trip.

10. gelatoni fan

gelatoni fan Mouseketeer

I've seen those "tunnels" quite a few times. Sometimes when I hear the music and see the cart, I follow them till they start the tunnel to be the first to run through. :yay:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Haley R likes this.