Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I plan on asking this over on the restaurant board, too, but I thought I'd ask here as well since I know many of us are repeat YC and BC guests.

We are thinking of trying Ale & Compass for breakfast one day on our upcoming trip. We've never been before, but the menu looks really good, food is decently priced, and it's right in the lobby. Have any of you ever tried it and would you recommend it? Do we need a reservation or can we just walk up?
I ate there twice last month and I loved it both times. The food is pretty good and it's not difficult to get a reservation. I do recommend reservations as the second time I went, the hostess was telling people trying to do a walk up that it would be a 40 minute wait.

I don't want to bad mouth Ale & Compass, it's probably my favorite breakfast place on all of Disney property, but when we were there this past January it wasn't as good as pre or even during COVID.

However....I still think it is better than most breakfasts at Disney and they could have just had an off day. On our prior trip we ate there 3 times.

I loooooove the Chocolate Waffles, my kids also love the Caramel Apple Pancakes. The girls usually love the blueberry bacon pancakes but something was off this last time.

They also usually have fresh squeezed orange juice which they didn't have this time.

But hands down, for the quality of the food you are getting and the price, there is no better place to eat on Disney property that I can think of.

You can almost always get a reservation without much advance notice, but I would definitely book it because I think people are starting to know about it.

Also, if you like coffee on the stronger side, my hubby loves their pressed pot and it's not a typical coffee bean that they have there, its better than most coffee on Disney property, but he's a coffee snob.

I second (fourth? Fifth?) Ale and Compass for breakfast. Whole family loved it. Similar to val1234 we get it To Go and eat in our rooms. I do see there’s ADRs for it frequently and if you plan to dine in, probably best to have an ADR. I have seen sometimes on the app that walk up is full.

What’s better the apple French toast or the blueberry pancakes?
I've had them both and I prefer the blueberry pancakes. I always order the toppings on the side when I get the apple French toast, but it is good, too.

We will eat breakfast at Ale and Compass on our departure day. We had breakfast there in October and were finished early enough to get into Epcot to ride Remy before the park opened to non-resort guests. It worked out great. :)

I plan on asking this over on the restaurant board, too, but I thought I'd ask here as well since I know many of us are repeat YC and BC guests.

We are thinking of trying Ale & Compass for breakfast one day on our upcoming trip. We've never been before, but the menu looks really good, food is decently priced, and it's right in the lobby. Have any of you ever tried it and would you recommend it? Do we need a reservation or can we just walk up?
We ate there twice for breakfast and once for dinner during our November trip. It was really good. I had the chocolate waffles once and the regular Mickey waffles once. Both were really good. Since the buffet add on includes the drink, it really is about the same price as not getting it if you want a drink with your breakfast.

We ate there twice for breakfast and once for dinner during our November trip. It was really good. I had the chocolate waffles once and the regular Mickey waffles once. Both were really good. Since the buffet add on includes the drink, it really is about the same price as not getting it if you want a drink with your breakfast.
I didn’t see regular mickey waffles on thefmenu & didn’t know you can get them. 🧇 😀

Just received a notification on an old thread I used to follow "Disney Resort Fun Runs FAQ’s & ?" that the fun runs are starting up again tomorrow, 1/20 at the Boardwalk. Don't know if this is a trial run [pun intended] or a glimmer of hope that it will return permanently to the YC/BC as well, aka the Regatta Run! I ran it twice in 2019 before things shut down. The price was right, it was fun and you got some good Swag! They were run on Thursday mornings when I last did it in 2019.

Saw this in the YC lobby just now

FA26CB1C-6152-4E7E-AFB0-8998283C032F.jpeg

I don't want to bad mouth Ale & Compass, it's probably my favorite breakfast place on all of Disney property, but when we were there this past January it wasn't as good as pre or even during COVID.

However....I still think it is better than most breakfasts at Disney and they could have just had an off day. On our prior trip we ate there 3 times.

I loooooove the Chocolate Waffles, my kids also love the Caramel Apple Pancakes. The girls usually love the blueberry bacon pancakes but something was off this last time.

They also usually have fresh squeezed orange juice which they didn't have this time.

But hands down, for the quality of the food you are getting and the price, there is no better place to eat on Disney property that I can think of.

You can almost always get a reservation without much advance notice, but I would definitely book it because I think people are starting to know about it.

Also, if you like coffee on the stronger side, my hubby loves their pressed pot and it's not a typical coffee bean that they have there, its better than most coffee on Disney property, but he's a coffee snob.

Lol, I'm trying to decide between the caramel apple french toast and the blueberry bacon pancakes!

I second (fourth? Fifth?) Ale and Compass for breakfast. Whole family loved it. Similar to val1234 we get it To Go and eat in our rooms. I do see there’s ADRs for it frequently and if you plan to dine in, probably best to have an ADR. I have seen sometimes on the app that walk up is full.

We'll definitely make an ADR!

Lol, I'm trying to decide between the caramel apple french toast and the blueberry bacon pancakes!
Son loves the caramel apple french toast...daughter loves the blueberry bacon pancakes, however, she said they were not as good this time, but I think he was still happy with the FT.

We make awesome pancakes at home from scratch, so if you're not a pancake snob you will be happy, but I think its harder to get good FT.

If we done have the right bread at home, they can be soggy. I would go for the FT.

The French toast looks like it’s soggy with all those apples in there. Is it very sweet?

Noticed something new in the bus arrival time info in the app this morning (at least new since September). They've combined yc and bc bus arrival times, and when it opens it shows bc bus arrival, so if you're staying at the yc you need to select that at the top of the screen to change to yc. Almost missed the bus this morning because I didn't notice this at first!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127-071607.png
    Screenshot_20230127-071607.png
    50 KB · Views: 24
Noticed something new in the bus arrival time info in the app this morning (at least new since September). They've combined yc and bc bus arrival times, and when it opens it shows bc bus arrival, so if you're staying at the yc you need to select that at the top of the screen to change to yc. Almost missed the bus this morning because I didn't notice this at first!
This is good to know. We usually eat breakfast at the BC marketplace even when we are staying at the YC, which means we only saw the YC bus times. It will be good to know what time the bus will be arriving at the BC. :)

Where on the app do you find this? Thanks! I googled it and see I have to log onto my resort reservation first. Thanks for this new tome information!

Last edited:

Interesting. We just came to MK from YC a little while ago, got a bus around 10:30ish. When the bus arrived, a few folks got off. A family of about 4 adults & a couple of kids in a stroller wasn’t getting off. The driver had to tell them he was not going to BC: yes, it is Y & B resort but the 2 routes are separate until 11 AM. So he could not take them to BC because he was not going there. They weren’t happy they had to get off & walk over. We came right to MK after leaving YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter