Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was wondering if anyone can check and see if the Crew's Cup lounge is really open with Yachtsman's. On the website they look like they're serving the same menu not the bar type menu like pre covid, but do not require a ressie. It might be they are using it as an overflow area now. Any help will be great. TIA
It’s walk-in, with the steakhouse menu. Nearly empty at 7:40pm on August 5

Not sure what to make of this. Wonder if this is for now or a permanent change? On the one hand, a walk-up option is terrific. But, on the other, I really loved Crew's Cup as a lounge and option for drinks and small bites. They also used to have a really delicious burger I'm going to miss if it doesn't come back. I know there's Ale & Compass lounge but I really loved CC.

Not sure what to make of this. Wonder if this is for now or a permanent change? On the one hand, a walk-up option is terrific. But, on the other, I really loved Crew's Cup as a lounge and option for drinks and small bites. They also used to have a really delicious burger I'm going to miss if it doesn't come back. I know there's Ale & Compass lounge but I really loved CC.
We hit the CC every trip, usually twice in our 7 night stay. We also like the small bites part...if it's only offering the big menu, we probably won't go back. Hope this is just an interim thing.....

We were seriously debating cancelling our trip Sept 9-16 because of the crowds & high covid numbers in Florida. Buuut, I was able to get a spot for the Remy AP preview this morning. So now we’re going no matter what! We have signature dining booked for every day. So even if we just hang at the hotel, have nice relaxing meals, do Remy & MK Boo Bash, it will still be a great trip.

We were seriously debating cancelling our trip Sept 9-16 because of the crowds & high covid numbers in Florida. Buuut, I was able to get a spot for the Remy AP preview this morning. So now we’re going no matter what! We have signature dining booked for every day. So even if we just hang at the hotel, have nice relaxing meals, do Remy & MK Boo Bash, it will still be a great trip.
Yeah we were worried they will bring masks back for outside with all this and considered canceling. We are there August 29-September 8. We were there last September with the masks outside and it was brutal. It wasn’t so bad in March. But we were so excited we actually got beach club for 10 days at the 7 month mark with DVC, we figured we’d go just to hang at the pool if we have to. We’ve never stayed here yet. We also scored Remy preview this morning

Just walked by this morning and scaffolding is still up over the main lobby, lakeside. It is also up over by the gazebo.
Thanks......sounds like pretty much all of the water view rooms have scaffolding......that's unforuante, we booked water view specifically because we thought we would be spending more time than usual at the resort and wanted to enjoy it. Fingers crossed they find us a room wihtout the scaffolding......one more sleep!!!!

Thanks......sounds like pretty much all of the water view rooms have scaffolding......that's unforuante, we booked water view specifically because we thought we would be spending more time than usual at the resort and wanted to enjoy it. Fingers crossed they find us a room wihtout the scaffolding......one more sleep!!!!
I was there almost 2 weeks ago and had a no-scaffolding water view but it was one room away from the Dolphin. :rolleyes: Was still great and there was a stairwell just a few steps away that dumped us out onto the boardwalk and it was easier to take that and walk into the lobby from the lakeside than take the interior hallways. Fingers crossed you can escape the scaffolding. Have a great trip!

Just arrived at YC today. We are on the 4th floor, great room, not so great view. We have a garden/woods view that's more woods than garden, but we have a full balcony. I love the added touches like the built-in reading light on the headboards ::yes:: We saw some of the Epcot fireworks coming back to the hotel from DS and can't wait to get on the skyliner. We start the parks tomorrow and I will update here from time to time :wizard:

Hi Friends-

Just doing a quick check in. Thank you to all of you who are continuing to keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers.

:welcome: to the DISers who are new to this thread over the past month- I know the ever-helpful posters who hang out here have been responsive when questions come up.

I am not quite ready to come back to start managing the FAQ thread yet.

I leave for Disney with my friend Linda soon, so probably after that I will wade back in since getting back to posting and organizing will be helpful for me to focus on something positive.

I am keeping myself very busy. I have a huge amount of community support, people have been providing food for me/us for the past 4 weeks, and friends have been taking me to dinner, or the beach or they come over for visits. Last night I watched fireworks with friends on their boat. The way I will begin to heal is to keep busy and productive.

And- I just started a new, flexible, part-time job last Wednesday as an administrative assistant for a successful real estate agent who has been trying to hire me for 20 years. I want a reason to get out of the house, and again, doing something that keeps my mind occupied will be good for me. I will still be able to keep my part-time education job at the farm IF there is any work this fall. My job there is dependent upon student field trips, so I am not optimistic that there will be much going on there anytime soon.

Thanks, again, everyone.

Dee
natebenma

Hi Friends-

Just doing a quick check in. Thank you to all of you who are continuing to keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers.

:welcome: to the DISers who are new to this thread over the past month- I know the ever-helpful posters who hang out here have been responsive when questions come up.

I am not quite ready to come back to start managing the FAQ thread yet.

I leave for Disney with my friend Linda soon, so probably after that I will wade back in since getting back to posting and organizing will be helpful for me to focus on something positive.

I am keeping myself very busy. I have a huge amount of community support, people have been providing food for me/us for the past 4 weeks, and friends have been taking me to dinner, or the beach or they come over for visits. Last night I watched fireworks with friends on their boat. The way I will begin to heal is to keep busy and productive.

And- I just started a new, flexible, part-time job last Wednesday as an administrative assistant for a successful real estate agent who has been trying to hire me for 20 years. I want a reason to get out of the house, and again, doing something that keeps my mind occupied will be good for me. I will still be able to keep my part-time education job at the farm IF there is any work this fall. My job there is dependent upon student field trips, so I am not optimistic that there will be much going on there anytime soon.

Thanks, again, everyone.

Dee
natebenma

Thinking about you. Keep hanging in there and moving forward. One step, one day at a time.

Yacht Club Question:
We are going Aug 19 (arrive at midnight) through the 23rd. I have a cabana at Stormalong Bay reserved. The only way we could get it was for the full day from 10am - 7pm. However, there are only 2 of us ... and we are pretty sure we will not spend all day there. The debate is now whether to cancel the cabana or keep it. The price was $299 plus tax and then there will be a tip. We are thinking grabbing a chair at the pool might not be too terrible for a Friday mid day. And, we have Boo Bash tickets for 7pm on that date. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Going to write this here and in the Vacation Club forums… I’ve mentioned this briefly already, but feel the need to say it once again. Our 10 day 50th wedding Anniversary vacation starting at BCV was cut short re 2 weeks ago 2 days in when wife broke her foot. I can’t however say or praise enough the commitment of BC staff. Starting from the top and continuing from the “bottom” all Cast Members were genuinely and empathetic to our needs. We are very grateful and will be back again.

the same is true for Disney Vacation Club services!

Going to write this here and in the Vacation Club forums… I’ve mentioned this briefly already, but feel the need to say it once again. Our 10 day 50th wedding Anniversary vacation starting at BCV was cut short re 2 weeks ago 2 days in when wife broke her foot. I can’t however say or praise enough the commitment of BC staff. Starting from the top and continuing from the “bottom” all Cast Members were genuinely and empathetic to our needs. We are very grateful and will be back again.

the same is true for Disney Vacation Club services!
Congratulations on the anniversary. Sorry for the shortened trip and hoping your wife isn't too uncomfortable and heals quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!