Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes, I know all of that. I was asking to ensure that it is still happening, as Disney sometimes changes procedures, especially now. Someone with recent experience did answer my question and confirm that it is still occurring.
I am here now. Not only do they check Magic Bands, they give you a bracelet to wear after they’ve checked you.

We ended up with the rooms shown below. Since the other bank of 2BRs is on the very far end of BC (towards Epcot) - this location and the fact our rooms were right across the hall were absolutely perfect - this part of BC is just steps from everything. Major good luck/fortune from the room assignors on that one.
You had a great room location. We had a room in that area and the convenience to the elevator and lobby was fantastic. :)
Do all BC rooms have the "short" commodes?
That short commode was an anomaly, I'm sure. We had one of those short commodes when we stayed in a deluxe room at the Wilderness Lodge, so I know that it isn't unique to the BC.
Not sure I had seen these stickers on the room fridges before.
This is the first time I've seen it.

Hurricane Hanna really needs to open the quick service and drink area. Everyone has to line up at the bar now, which is not very efficient at all.

Do all the BC rooms have Keurig coffee makers now? or is it still a mix of them and those other ones?

You had a great room location. We had a room in that area and the convenience to the elevator and lobby was fantastic. :)

That short commode was an anomaly, I'm sure. We had one of those short commodes when we stayed in a deluxe room at the Wilderness Lodge, so I know that it isn't unique to the BC.

This is the first time I've seen it.

Hurricane Hanna really needs to open the quick service and drink area. Everyone has to line up at the bar now, which is not very efficient at all.

Since the drink station isn't open at HH yet, can you get your mug refilled at the bar? I'm not sure if we'll wait in a long line, but if it isn't long it will beat walking to the Marketplace.

I'm still baffled why the drink station isn't open yet. I don't really understand why they haven't opened the grill either. Earlier this week the grill opened at the Oasis Pool, so I'm hopeful they'll open it soon, but if they already have workers working at HH, why not open it up fully, unless it is a staffing issue?

Do all the BC rooms have Keurig coffee makers now? or is it still a mix of them and those other ones?
They all have the Keurig coffee maker. :)
Since the drink station isn't open at HH yet, can you get your mug refilled at the bar? I'm not sure if we'll wait in a long line, but if it isn't long it will beat walking to the Marketplace.
The bartenders will refill your mug.

By coincidence, I was just heading to this thread to ask similar. I have reservations for BC for the first half of a split stay next March (Poly is the second half), and I'd love to have a balcony. A real one, not those dorky little cheater balconies. I didn't realize until after I made the reservation that there was such a huge balcony disparity between BC and YC! Is this something worth changing the reservation to YC for, or is it a request they're likely to be able to honor at BC? We have resort days planned, so we'll have time to enjoy it. We were otherwise opting for BC over YC only because the vibe seemed more "us," so if I can have both (vibe and balcony), that would be nice. But if it would be kind of a risk, I'd rather have balcony.

I guess the question is how often people make that a particular request, maybe. Though... based on the questions in the past day or two here, I suppose it might be pretty common. :)
Having a full balcony is probably the main reason we choose YC over BC. Yes, there is a disparity there as BC has those Juliet, or as you say cheater balconies. Still, we requested a full balcony at YC as they do have a few of the small Juliet ones :sail:

As far as purchasing a gallon of water, I usually do that for the coffee pot since tap water is not good for making coffee or drinking. I really had a hard time finding gallons this past trip, and ended up having to buy distilled water, but that was kept behind the counter rather than inside the refrigeration area.

Hi, could anyone confirm where I can get a gallon of distilled water at Yacht Club?

Hi, could anyone confirm where I can get a gallon of distilled water at Yacht Club?
When I was there in April, I had to buy it over in the Boardwalk store. I think it's called the Mercantile. The little store in the yacht club did not carry it.

Wanted to report on my recent BC stay. For some quick background, I'm a mostly YC person (multiple trips) with one small BC stay in 2016. For whatever reason BC just has never called to me/us that much - the lobby always bugs me how busy it is, we like the sandy side of SAB better which is closer to YC, I consider the limited balconies a somewhat material negative, etc. But I must say we really enjoyed the stay. Not perfect, but pretty darn good. DW even started saying "why don't we ever stay here, it's great."

We were traveling with friends who booked one of the 2BR suites, I booked a Garden/Woods View. Our room requests were close to the lobby and adjoining rooms / traveling with the other party. We ended up with the rooms shown below. Since the other bank of 2BRs is on the very far end of BC (towards Epcot) - this location and the fact our rooms were right across the hall were absolutely perfect - this part of BC is just steps from everything. Major good luck/fortune from the room assignors on that one.

View attachment 591425

Our room was in good condition, minus a few dents and dings (nothing major).
View attachment 591428

Do all BC rooms have the "short" commodes?
View attachment 591426

Not sure I had seen these stickers on the room fridges before.
View attachment 591427

I did miss having a balcony. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it either.
View attachment 591429

Not bad for a "garden or woods view."
View attachment 591430 View attachment 591431
I had a room on the floor above you with full balcony. I didn’t realize we could see the Epcot fireworks until our last night when we were in our room packing :o

I had a room on the floor above you with full balcony. I didn’t realize we could see the Epcot fireworks until our last night when we were in our room packing :o

Ha! Same here. We had been in Epcot every other night during our stay but stayed in the last night just packing up/early to bed. I was surprised.

Could someone remind me of this, but was there a bus to Disney Springs after 4PM from the parks? The amount of times I have to explain the current process makes me question my memory. As I can not recall if there a bus there and vice versa. Ill say this for now incase no one knew but as it stands right now there is No direct bus from any Park to DS. lol

I thought I’d stop in and share a little about our experience at BC thus far. We’ve been here since Wednesday after staying at Pop since Saturday. The resort is clean—we haven’t seen any trash bags left outside of room doors and we often see CMs circling and emptying common trash receptacles. On Tuesday we were in our room when a CM stopped for a room inspection. He was thorough. He asked if we experienced any water leaks and if lights, patio door, and alarm were working. I told him I hadn’t tested the smoke alarm. Lol. We received housekeeping yesterday—towels and toiletries replaced and trash emptied. They did not make the beds; whereas, at Pop our beds were made.
Not many guests seem to put away their towels when leaving Stormalong, but we managed to find chairs fairly easily both times we visited. The line for Hurricane is painful.

Ask a cast member in the Yacht Club gift shop. Sometimes things are in the back and not on display.

And as PP said, if the cast member in the Yacht Club gift shop says they don't have it - try asking a cast member in the Beach Club Marketplace before going over to BoardWalk.

Can anyone there now tell me if they are selling cases of water at the Marketplace? I saw on page one of this thread that you can buy 8 12 oz. bottles of water for $4.49 but that information is from July, 2018. I’m back and forth between getting water delivered and just buying some at the Marketplace. We only need water so I’m not sure if I want to go the delivery route.

Can anyone there now tell me if they are selling cases of water at the Marketplace? I saw on page one of this thread that you can buy 8 12 oz. bottles of water for $4.49 but that information is from July, 2018. I’m back and forth between getting water delivered and just buying some at the Marketplace. We only need water so I’m not sure if I want to go the delivery route.

DVC members staying at BCV can place grocery orders which we believe are filled at the Marketplace. We look at the grocery order form as an indication of what is available for purchase in the Marketplace. I can't swear that everything on the grocery order form is in the store, but it lists an 8-pack of 12 ounce bottles of Dasani water for $4.79.

Hopefully someone who is there now can confirm.

I think a "case" of water usually is 24 bottles. I don't recall the gift shops selling packages of 24 bottles in the recent past.

Hi, I’m starting to collect the items to mail to ourselves (so the suitcases are not so full). BUT I thought I had read that the BC (not BCV) used those coffee pods (flat tea bags for coffee?). Are all the rooms now using Keurig? That would be fabulous. I almost bought pods today. Just need a confirmation, please. September 5th -12th is coming up fast! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter