Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Are they still actively checking Magic Bands upon entry? (I'm hoping so as that seems to be what keeps crowding under control.)

Stormalong Bay is only for people who are staying at YC, BC or BCV. As far as I know, they always checked Magic Bands when you tried to enter Stormalong Bay to make sure you were allowed to be there - that was not a COVID capacity limit thing. (Maybe they asked for room key in the days before Magic Bands.) Then they give you a paper wrist band to prove you are allowed to be there. So I would expect them to continue to check Magic Bands even if things at Disney return to normal post-Pandemic.

Lots of balcony questions made me think… what villas have the very large balconies on the Dunes Cove pool side? We have a dedicated 2 bedroom in October. Are they 2 bedrooms? Anyone know the room numbers? Obviously, it’s not a necessity, but I’m trying to figure out our request. It would be a space for our 4 kids to run off some energy.

Otherwise I’m just thinking “close to the hotel side”, any better wording there?

You might find this map helpful in understanding where rooms are located. However, last time I stayed at BCV I made a room request by asking for rooms that ended in one of two specific numbers (don't remember what they were) and I was assigned a room which was the complete opposite of that. BCV tends to run at full occupancy, so that may mean that you are less likely to have a room request granted.

Reminder that you can click on a link even if it appears that it is still loading.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

Stormalong Bay is only for people who are staying at YC, BC or BCV. As far as I know, they always checked Magic Bands when you tried to enter Stormalong Bay to make sure you were allowed to be there - that was not a COVID capacity limit thing...So I would expect them to continue to check Magic Bands even if things at Disney return to normal post-Pandemic.
Yes, I know all of that. I was asking to ensure that it is still happening, as Disney sometimes changes procedures, especially now. Someone with recent experience did answer my question and confirm that it is still occurring.

I didn't realize until after I made the reservation that there was such a huge balcony disparity between BC and YC! Is this something worth changing the reservation to YC for, or is it a request they're likely to be able to honor at BC?
We have stayed at the Beach Club many, many times and I always request a large balcony. Our success rate has been 50%, which is equal to the percentage of large balconies at the BC. If a large balcony is important to you, then choose the YC. The rooms are really nice and I like them better than the rooms at the BC. :)
We will have my mom and dad, my husband, and my 15 year old daughter. I know a daybed is not guaranteed, but I plan to request one. If we do not get one, is a rollaway guaranteed since we will have 5 of us? I just do not want my daughter to not have a bed.
Parties of five will receive a bed for everyone. The resort has far more rooms with daybeds than it has rooms without daybeds. :) If you are worried about it then you can add the request to the reservation.
they always checked Magic Bands when you tried to enter Stormalong Bay to make sure you were allowed to be there - that was not a COVID capacity limit thing. (Maybe they asked for room key in the days before Magic Bands.) Then they give you a paper wrist band to prove you are allowed to be there.
They have been checking people at the entrance of SAB for as long as I can remember, and we have been going to the Beach Club since the 1990's. They used to issue a Key to the World card and you had to bring that to the pool. It was really nice when they invented Magic Bands so you didn't have to risk losing your card at the pool. :)

Last edited:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but are all the boardwalk little food/drink kiosks open again yet? what about the carnival games?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but are all the boardwalk little food/drink kiosks open again yet? what about the carnival games?
I am wondering about this too - we always like to walk over to the Boardwalk Funnel Cake stand and watch the fireworks from the bridge on our first night.....I asked on the Boardwalk Inn thread but never saw an answer come through.

I am wondering about this too - we always like to walk over to the Boardwalk Funnel Cake stand and watch the fireworks from the bridge on our first night.....I asked on the Boardwalk Inn thread but never saw an answer come through.

I actually checked the Disney Page for Boardwalk and only the things that look open are the margarita stand the the pizza window at the moment. Hopefully other things and games open soon (although that new ice cream shop is open so i definitely want to check that out).

Ice cream question...

We'll be at the BC in August, Is the ice cream take-away window (associated with Beaches & Cream?) now operating at the old Ample Hills location? Is it in service now?

Last week I know the margarita stand, the pizza window, the games, and the ice cream shop were open. I didn’t notice the other stuff for some reason.

ETA I just saw this had been answered multiple times, sorry!

Ice cream question...

We'll be at the BC in August, Is the ice cream take-away window (associated with Beaches & Cream?) now operating at the old Ample Hills location? Is it in service now?
There is another ice cream shop where Ample
hills had been, it is not affiliated with Beaches and Cream. But the Beaches and Cream take out window is closed, so AFAIK that is the only option. We got ice cream there, it was fine but nothing special.

Wanted to report on my recent BC stay. For some quick background, I'm a mostly YC person (multiple trips) with one small BC stay in 2016. For whatever reason BC just has never called to me/us that much - the lobby always bugs me how busy it is, we like the sandy side of SAB better which is closer to YC, I consider the limited balconies a somewhat material negative, etc. But I must say we really enjoyed the stay. Not perfect, but pretty darn good. DW even started saying "why don't we ever stay here, it's great."

We were traveling with friends who booked one of the 2BR suites, I booked a Garden/Woods View. Our room requests were close to the lobby and adjoining rooms / traveling with the other party. We ended up with the rooms shown below. Since the other bank of 2BRs is on the very far end of BC (towards Epcot) - this location and the fact our rooms were right across the hall were absolutely perfect - this part of BC is just steps from everything. Major good luck/fortune from the room assignors on that one.

Floorplan - 3rd Floor.png

Our room was in good condition, minus a few dents and dings (nothing major).
IMG_2597.jpeg

Do all BC rooms have the "short" commodes?
IMG_2592.jpeg

Not sure I had seen these stickers on the room fridges before.
IMG_2594.jpeg

I did miss having a balcony. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it either.
IMG_2882.jpeg

Not bad for a "garden or woods view."
IMG_2884.jpeg IMG_2948.jpeg

I thought the rooms, hallways, and little areas like this were quite fun/whimsical. Actually made the YC hallways feel a little dark/gross, perhaps not in a good way. BC was more warm/inviting.

IMG_2770.jpeg

Obligatory trash by the elevator pics that focus on the 2-3 times I witnessed this and not the 50 times I walked by and it was perfectly clean. :-) I try not be a 'mind my own business' traveler - but I just don't get this, although you see it everywhere (not just Disney). Take the few minutes it takes to go find a proper trash can.
IMG_2959.jpeg IMG_2866.jpeg

My only true 'complaints' about the BC/YC experience at the moment are the food/dining options and HH. Although I might have said the same about the food pre-COVID so that may be on me. There's just nothing about the BC Marketplace or Market at Ale & Compass that really appeals to us all that much so it felt like food was always a bit of a struggle. I admit I miss CL when staying here or YC, that is likely influencing my opinion.

I posted about HH lines along the way, but every time we were there they were annoyingly long and slow. We subsequently stayed at BLT and Poly (not exactly a place known for low pool crowds) and pool/pool bar crowds were totally manageable/reasonable. Maybe I'm just being a revisionist historian and HH lines have always been bad, but I don't remember it like this.

Why the drink station and food window are still closed is a little perplexing. A staffing thing? Maintenance thing? It's like the only resort with a major amenity like that still closed.

But all of that aside, the locational advantages of YC/BC never disappoint. Popped in Epcot a bunch for snacking and impromptu fireworks viewing just like old times, lots of time out/about the resort area, always a great place to get some runs in. Since we were splitting with a MK resort I don't think we ever even came close to the bus station, so that was nice.

Happy to answer any questions.

Quick add on for something new for us. Had never had to have a package delivered to a resort before, but needed to order a laptop charger from Amazon so set the Beach Club address as the delivery. I got a text and e-mail from "Ricoh Business Center Yacht & Beach Club" when it arrived. Once we actually found the business center (it's a bit of a hike from BC and that convention center is BIG), it was easy peasy. Disney charges you $5 when they handle a delivery like this.

FYI!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!