Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do all Beach Club water view rooms have balconies? If not, which floors to request to better a person's chance for a balcony?
No they don’t. Well, actually I think they do but some have full balconies you can go out on and sit on, and the others have Juliette balconies that you can just stand behind a little rail on that is the width of the door, you can’t go out onto them. All YC (well, all but a few) rooms have full balconies. At the BC if you want a full balcony I would make that my only or at least highest priority request. Call (or chat, but I haven’t done that) and ask to add the request “full balcony, please” to your reservation.
By coincidence, I was just heading to this thread to ask similar. I have reservations for BC for the first half of a split stay next March (Poly is the second half), and I'd love to have a balcony. A real one, not those dorky little cheater balconies. I didn't realize until after I made the reservation that there was such a huge balcony disparity between BC and YC! Is this something worth changing the reservation to YC for, or is it a request they're likely to be able to honor at BC? We have resort days planned, so we'll have time to enjoy it. We were otherwise opting for BC over YC only because the vibe seemed more "us," so if I can have both (vibe and balcony), that would be nice. But if it would be kind of a risk, I'd rather have balcony.

I guess the question is how often people make that a particular request, maybe. Though... based on the questions in the past day or two here, I suppose it might be pretty common. :)

Understood. I was mostly asking if the check in request would somehow mess up the TP request. I am not using a TA, so to get a request added to my reservation I should call Disney or the yacht club directly?
That's what I would do... Not sure if the online check in request would affect your TP request, but it sure wouldn't hurt to talk to a CM and make sure they add it to your reservation. Of course, phone lines are pretty challenging right now.... :( You could start with the "chat" feature on MDE, but they may tell you to talk to a reservation CM.

Maybe others have other advice for you.... lots of good info posted here!

@Figment of Speech

We requested a balcony last trip and did not get it. I think it may have had to do with our room type (standard view) but I am not certain. I would say if you want a 99.99% chance of a balcony you should switch. That is my only experience with it though so maybe others have better advice.

@Figment of Speech

We requested a balcony last trip and did not get it. I think it may have had to do with our room type (standard view) but I am not certain. I would say if you want a 99.99% chance of a balcony you should switch.
When we stay at Beach Club, we always request ground floor - all have outside patios. Sometimes there are people walking by but there are bushes or some other kind of barrier so you don't feel they are in YOUR space. And it's usually limited view, but at least it gives you a bit more space to sit.

Studios do not have a laundry basket, simply because they do not have the washer/dryer setup that the 1and 2BR has.

Thanks. I didn't remember seeing one, but I recently stayed at the Poly Villa Studios and they had a basket. It was nice to be able to carry your clothes to the DVC laundry facility. Guess I will be bringing my own pop up :)

Thanks. I didn't remember seeing one, but I recently stayed at the Poly Villa Studios and they had a basket. It was nice to be able to carry your clothes to the DVC laundry facility. Guess I will be bringing my own pop up :)
They do have the standard plastic laundry bags if that’s any help?

They do have the standard plastic laundry bags if that’s any help?
Eh, it's nice having something structured to throw our dirty clothes in after the day is done. I have a travel pop up, but I thought maybe I had missed it the last time I stayed there. OR I could just buy some more DVC points and stay in 1 bedroom ;)

Does anyone know if the Regatta Run (3K "race") has resumed at Yacht and Beach or the morning yoga over at Boardwalk (know was limited days for each)? I'm thinking probably not and am not all that excited about exercise on vacation anyway :rolleyes: but thought I'd check.

sorry if this is off topic a bit, but if i use the RP room requester feature, what should i do when i do the online early checkin as far as requests? they usually have 1 or 2 drop down choices for requests dont they? i dont want to mess up the TP request.
I don’t put any request on my MDE online check in as TP room request is more detailed and location specific.

Lots of balcony questions made me think… what villas have the very large balconies on the Dunes Cove pool side? We have a dedicated 2 bedroom in October. Are they 2 bedrooms? Anyone know the room numbers? Obviously, it’s not a necessity, but I’m trying to figure out our request. It would be a space for our 4 kids to run off some energy.

Otherwise I’m just thinking “close to the hotel side”, any better wording there?

Hi everyone! We are scheduled for our first stay at BC November 25, 2022 - December 5, 2022. I am so excited because we have only stayed in moderate before, and we love the idea of being right next to Epcot.

We will have my mom and dad, my husband, and my 15 year old daughter. I know a daybed is not guaranteed, but I plan to request one. If we do not get one, is a rollaway guaranteed since we will have 5 of us? I just do not want my daughter to not have a bed.

This was a 10k a few weeks ago, in case you need a visual. I tend to go to DHS and back and then start making stuff up just to pass the time. Not sure how many loops this was.

View attachment 591113
The distance is "officially" .8 miles around Crescent lake. This is the official running path. As a PP noted, your Husband can run the asphalt path to HS and back to YC to lengthen the distance of a running loop. I believe the distance of the HS walkway is about 1 mile (more or less).

I can personally attest that the wooden, Boardwalk portion of the official Crescent Lake path gets slippery early in the morning. Last month, my family walked the Boardwalk to get to HS for RD (7:30 a.m. +/-) and I slipped (but did not fall to the ground) on a wet, dewy Boardwalk. If your Husband runs later in the day, then it won't be as likely to be slippery on the Boardwalk but it is busier (and I don't know if the surrey bicycles are being rented out right now and if so, that will increase traffic along the Boardwalk).

Lastly, I believe there is an unofficial loop around the YC/BC and S&D that follows the EPCOT Boulevard (Unsure if that is the correct street name, but it is the main street that accesses the resorts), and my recollection was that unofficial loop is 1.5 miles. I walked it but don't recall exactly the length.
Thanks for all the information! This will give him some options which I know he'll appreciate.

I would like to ship water to the BC for our trip starting on 8/1. I’ve never shipped drinks/food to a resort before. Any recommendations of companies to use?

sorry if this is off topic a bit, but if i use the RP room requester feature, what should i do when i do the online early checkin as far as requests? they usually have 1 or 2 drop down choices for requests dont they? i dont want to mess up the TP request.
I have always been told and seen it recommended here that you use the tp room request email, call yourself and add the same request to your reservation, and then leave the room request options blank when you do online check in. I have seen on these boards that if you put in a request when you check in that will then trump your tp request. I’m not sure if that’s true, but it makes sense and since the online check in options are so terrible there are really any options I want on there anyway.

Are they still actively checking Magic Bands upon entry? (I'm hoping so as that seems to be what keeps crowding under control.)
Yes, there was no limit on how many people were allowed in or where you went after you entered the pool area, but they were checking magic bands the first time you went in and gave you a paper wrist band to wear for the day to indicate you had already been checked and could then go in and out as you pleased for the rest of the day.

By coincidence, I was just heading to this thread to ask similar. I have reservations for BC for the first half of a split stay next March (Poly is the second half), and I'd love to have a balcony. A real one, not those dorky little cheater balconies. I didn't realize until after I made the reservation that there was such a huge balcony disparity between BC and YC! Is this something worth changing the reservation to YC for, or is it a request they're likely to be able to honor at BC? We have resort days planned, so we'll have time to enjoy it. We were otherwise opting for BC over YC only because the vibe seemed more "us," so if I can have both (vibe and balcony), that would be nice. But if it would be kind of a risk, I'd rather have balcony.

I guess the question is how often people make that a particular request, maybe. Though... based on the questions in the past day or two here, I suppose it might be pretty common. :)

Personally, I would change. I always figured we were more beach club style people than Yacht Club style people also, until we stayed at both. I much prefer the YC to the BC. I know it’s a personal opinion, but the redone rooms at the YC are so much nicer, the lobby is calm
Instead of chaotic, the QS has freestyle
Machines and never seems to be as busy, all rooms have balconies, it’s a little closer to SAB (at least the side we like to site at, not sure in general). Plus I more or less consider them the same resort anyway, being attached and sharing amenities. So if a balcony is that important, and I also agree that is is, I would switch unless there was a large price difference. If by chance the YC is a lot more; then I would watch for rooms to open and if none did take my chances with a request of full balcony at the BC.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I am in touch with Dee and she has asked me to tell you all she sends her love and thanks. The following is from Dee -

I send my love & thanks.
I am absolutely heartbroken. This is not ok, not remotely by any stretch of the imagination, but my boys will be ok. I will be ok. We have a HUGE local support system and friends around the globe, a large part due to Disney. I'll check in soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter