Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We just priced out club level for our stay and it's an extra $182 per day... when we have stayed in CL in the past we have certainly enjoyed it but never ate/drank 182 per day in food/beverage. If there is a sale we will jump at it, but for now we will take that extra money we saved and enjoy room service or some other special meal.

Pic from room 3520 Facing Epcot last weekend View attachment 306896

We had room 3520. I recognize the tall, skinny tree. ;)

Sounds like a great location! Was it lagoon/pool view? Full or juliet balcony? Daybed? :)
Room 3520 is a woods view room which has a view of the woods, a very close view of the woods, but you can see Illuminations through the trees. These third floor rooms in this section have a full balcony. Room 3520 did not have a daybed. It was convenient to Epcot but a really long walk to the Marketplace, the lobby and buses. In fact, you can't get much further than these rooms.

Here is my post with pictures from the room view thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-7#post-57653262

Are the rooms over the Cape May Cafe generally loud or avoided if possible?
We've had a standard view room over Cape May twice now. We didn't hear any noise from the restaurant. The only noise we heard was the pool party noise and it was fairly loud. The room itself was very quiet during non-pool party noises, though. We like the standard view rooms in this section that face the lagoon. They are also fairly close to the main elevators.

Last edited:
I've been pouring over this thread at all the updates since my last stay. Thanks for all the hard work that went into it! So helpful! I used to be DVC at BCV when it first opened but had to sell due to financial issues of my daughters at the time. I still get a lump in my throat when I think about it. Seriously. It breaks my heart. Anyway, I usually rent points now when we go but this is short notice by DVC standards so I booked a regular room. I first booked Yacht Club but wow, not really feeling the new renovation. Seems a bit cold and sterile. Just switched to Beach Club. I could've sworn BC wasn't offered on this promotion when I booked YC, but just happened to check again and it's there now?? Booked a pool/lagoon view. The only thing I'm worried about is the chance of not having a full balcony. What are the chances of getting a full balcony if I sent a faxed request? Oh, going from June 2nd - 8th!

We just priced out club level for our stay and it's an extra $182 per day... when we have stayed in CL in the past we have certainly enjoyed it but never ate/drank 182 per day in food/beverage. If there is a sale we will jump at it, but for now we will take that extra money we saved and enjoy room service or some other special meal.
You have to weigh it out to see what is a better fit. We are fortunate we are able to go on a cast members friends and family discount. It saves us a ton of money. Depending what discount they are offering. This coming trip I was able to get a YC CL room with lagoon/water view for about $350 a night for the week nights and $400 a night on the weekend. That is for 4 people in the room.

I am having a hard time deciding between a lagoon/pool view or a 1 bedroom villa at the beach club.

I'm trying to decide between the view or the extra space.

Has anyone stayed at beach club villas and was bummed about the view??? We enjoy sitting on the balcony.

Any insight appreicated it. Be 2 adults 1 2 year old

I am having a hard time deciding between a lagoon/pool view or a 1 bedroom villa at the beach club.

Has anyone stayed at beach club villas and was bummed about the view??? We enjoy sitting on the balcony.

There are really no great views for the villas. You can get [request] a Dunes Cove Pool [quiet pool] view, but the other views are mostly woods views. Higher floors will get you some views of Illumination fireworks on the woods side. Here's the kicker.... All villas have full balconies. You may not get a full balcony with a BC room. 1BR Villas have a full kitchen and washer/dryer. So, if you want the extra space, balcony, some of the conveniences of home and can forfeit the view then the villas would be my choice. You'll have a great time either way.

Last edited:

Agree with the pp, love BCV but the resort is not known for the views. We had a terrible view our last time there, but it was still a fantastic trip and we still spent a bit of time out there laughing at our terrible view. Personally, even for just DH and I, I would choose a 1 bedroom every time if we had the points/money for it. We don't ever even really use the kitchen or w/d, but I love the space and layout of the 1 bedrooms vs a studio or regular hotel room.

We are doing a split stay in August YC and GF. 2 nights at YC. I wondered if anyone could give me an idea of activities at the resort? Or just a screenshot of what is being offered currently? There is already so much between the theme parks and the pool but I was curious.

We are doing the same this August. Three nights at YC and then 4 nights at GF. We did the same thing last August and it was a great vacation. Best of both worlds.

For fun: Here's your chance to get Yacht Club furniture (pre-reno) at 20% off! :)

(Ebay has 20% off - restrictions apply -today 8am-8pm pacific time. Min $25 max $500 purchase. Use code PSPRING20. (I'm not the seller - just saw this and thought we'd enjoy. Probably restrictions and high freight shipping charges to watch for.) code link: https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Yacht day bed:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Ya...638622?hash=item2391c7b0de:g:OKIAAOSw1F1ZzsN5

And Yacht chair w/ottoman:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Ya...67517&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982#shpCntId

We returned from a 4 night stay at YC on Wednesday. It was great. I've always stayed at BW because that was my favorite resort, but I couldn't get an AP discount there, so I went with YC. I now have a new favorite resort! Originally we were assigned room 4171, but it was a king bed room and my DH and I really needed 2 beds. I called from that room and we were reassigned to room 3075. That turned out to be an upgrade from my woods/garden view to a water/lagoon view. We had a lovely view of Illuminations from our balcony. I really liked the hardwood floors, the bath/shower area, and all the terrific storage available through the dresser and closet space. It was spectacular compared to BW. I will try to post photos when I have more time over the weekend. Housekeeping was great. The room was quiet for the first two nights, then we had neighbors with little kids the next two nights. They were just typical noisy kids (who needed naps). I had requested a box fan to block noise and that solved our problem. We really enjoyed YC. I booked a bounce back for December.

For fun: Here's your chance to get Yacht Club furniture (pre-reno) at 20% off! :)

(Ebay has 20% off - restrictions apply -today 8am-8pm pacific time. Min $25 max $500 purchase. Use code PSPRING20. (I'm not the seller - just saw this and thought we'd enjoy. Probably restrictions and high freight shipping charges to watch for.) code link: https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Yacht day bed:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Ya...638622?hash=item2391c7b0de:g:OKIAAOSw1F1ZzsN5

And Yacht chair w/ottoman:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Yacht-Club-Resort-Red-Anchor-Chair-With-Ottoman-Guest-Room-Prop-WDW/382229867517?_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=49918&meid=c8a1316db78a46cbaa5eef2971823890&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=152720036167&itm=382229867517&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982#shpCntId

Thanks for posting. I checked out the seller's other items. They also are selling a complete YC room for $1900! I love the YC, but not that much. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts