Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We asked 3 or 4 times for a clock for the room. Each time we were told one would be delivered. It never happened and we gave up asking :headache:

Were you at the villas (BCV)? If so, that's par for the course for DVC these days, I'm afraid. At this point, I almost fall over in shock when someone *does* fulfill a request!

I have read this question and answer before on this thread but I am unable to find to n a quick search, Please excuse me but I'm just confirming my understanding...

I have a five night reservation in late January. My 180 day mark is coming up this Friday (love those 180 day marks). A friend is considering also coming to Orlando during the time of our trip and asked us to share a room in their condo (to save them some money). Since we aren't doing parks for this trip, staying off-site is not a problem. However, we are still doing the first two nights at the WL. I may need to change the reservation from five nights to two. I believe I read that Disney changed its policy so now you are "cancelling" your reservation and then hoping you can find a new deal at the same price at the same resort (most unlikely). I'm pretty sure the dinner reservations go bye-bye as well when the original reservation is cancelled. Agree? I'd ask this question on the WL thread but I like everyone here better (don't take it personally Wood Nymph)

Katesdad

I have read this question and answer before on this thread but I am unable to find to n a quick search, Please excuse me but I'm just confirming my understanding...

I have a five night reservation in late January. My 180 day mark is coming up this Friday (love those 180 day marks). A friend is considering also coming to Orlando during the time of our trip and asked us to share a room in their condo (to save them some money). Since we aren't doing parks for this trip, staying off-site is not a problem. However, we are still doing the first two nights at the WL. I may need to change the reservation from five nights to two. I believe I read that Disney changed its policy so now you are "cancelling" your reservation and then hoping you can find a new deal at the same price at the same resort (most unlikely). I'm pretty sure the dinner reservations go bye-bye as well when the original reservation is cancelled. Agree? I'd ask this question on the WL thread but I like everyone here better (don't take it personally Wood Nymph)

Katesdad
Your dinner reservations aren't tied to your resort reservation, so those should be fine, even if you opt for a change down the road.

You'd need to call and see about dropping a couple of nights. Yes, they have gotten tougher about this. If there is still availability, you may be able to drop without a problem. Some folks have asked to talk to guest services to get help with this if it becomes an issue. No guarantees, but hopefully some helpful suggestions.

Last edited:
I'm a brand new poster, but have been reading this thread for a few weeks! My family is booked for a stay 11/17-11/25 in a Garden View YC room. My parents are joining us, arriving 11/20 and staying through 11/25, also in a Garden View room at the Yacht Club. We've noted each other's confirmation numbers asking to be located nearby, so hopefully that works even though we are arriving on different dates! Does anyone know if there are connecting rooms at Yacht Club?

Hello, We are staying at the BC for the first time in a few weeks. We planned to do several days of breakfast at the QS spot, but I'm wondering is there a place to sit down inside it--or is it entirely grab and go? We have smaller kids, so tables and chairs are nice.

I'm a brand new poster, but have been reading this thread for a few weeks! My family is booked for a stay 11/17-11/25 in a Garden View YC room. My parents are joining us, arriving 11/20 and staying through 11/25, also in a Garden View room at the Yacht Club. We've noted each other's confirmation numbers asking to be located nearby, so hopefully that works even though we are arriving on different dates! Does anyone know if there are connecting rooms at Yacht Club?
Yes, there are connecting rooms, I've been in two of them before. However, with the wide difference in the starting dates your best hope is to be in the same wing on the same floor unless they just happen to have a room next to you that just happens to come open the day your parents arrive. Hope you asked for Gazebo view!

Katesdad

Hello, We are staying at the BC for the first time in a few weeks. We planned to do several days of breakfast at the QS spot, but I'm wondering is there a place to sit down inside it--or is it entirely grab and go? We have smaller kids, so tables and chairs are nice.
Check out the information on page one of this thread for the Solarium. Great place to sit and enjoy breakfast.
Katesdad

Yes there are. If that is important to you, each of you should make it your only request. But I have read it is extremely hard to meet that request with different check in days.

In addition to the Solarium mentioned by @Katesdad there are several tables on the patio area just outside the Marketplace to sit and eat

YC has connecting rooms. Worth asking when you check in if it's possible to have your parents connect when they arrive. They will try (no guarantee) to accommodate though.

One night my husband and I are going to go to Ohana's and leave the kids in the hotel room with pizza. We have a 5:40pm adr. I figure we would take the bus to the TTC or MK and then take the boat over to the Poly. We will give ourselves and hour to get there. Coming home, depending on the time, we will either Uber or take a bus to HS and then walk to take the friendship boat back to the BC. Am I doing the transportation correctly? Any quicker ways? Thanks so much for any help

The lead singer of Styx will be there for my trip (and the very beginning of yours). Mark and I went to a couple of Styx concerts a gazillion years ago when we were in high school. We were on the planning committee for our Junior prom and the theme was "The Best of Times"

View attachment 183789
::yes::

Oh you get Dennis DeYoung. Very nice.

We have Sugar Ray, Los Lobos, and David Cook.

Were you at the villas (BCV)? If so, that's par for the course for DVC these days, I'm afraid. At this point, I almost fall over in shock when someone *does* fulfill a request!

The request would go through same place as a regular resort request. DVC would have nothing to do with it.

One night my husband and I are going to go to Ohana's and leave the kids in the hotel room with pizza. We have a 5:40pm adr. I figure we would take the bus to the TTC or MK and then take the boat over to the Poly. We will give ourselves and hour to get there. Coming home, depending on the time, we will either Uber or take a bus to HS and then walk to take the friendship boat back to the BC. Am I doing the transportation correctly? Any quicker ways? Thanks so much for any help

I would take a cab or Uber both ways if time is an issue.

If Magic Kingdom is open when you're done, you can take the boat or monorail back there. Then just catch the bus back to BC. Will probably be quicker than walking or boating back from the Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter