Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Will being a BC guest help you get a table at Cape May or Beaches & Cream? Both are booked solid for dinner our entire week in October. I'll keep checking for openings, but I can't believe as a hotel guest I'll be locked out of its restaurants?? We just need a table for 2!

We have to have a King bed and that is my number 1 request, so we are willing to wait a bit, even if we are tired. So I did not check that box. We will check out the Solarium if needed!

Having to have a king bed room makes me VERY NERVOUS!!!! There simply aren't that many. It is primarily a family destination. Folks are looking for more sleeping surfaces. Not less.
Have you considered what you will do if you don't get a Kingbed? You definitely need a Plan B.
Good Luck.

Will being a BC guest help you get a table at Cape May or Beaches & Cream? Both are booked solid for dinner our entire week in October. I'll keep checking for openings, but I can't believe as a hotel guest I'll be locked out of its restaurants?? We just need a table for 2!

Believe it!!! Disney does not hold restaurant tables for resort guests. Period.
If it is booked solid, it is booked solid. Keep trying as cancellation occur all the time.
All that said, there are reportedly some Concierge staff with a special code that can override. In nearly 20 years I have never found them. And the "slipping the Concierge a $20" Does NOT work.

Last edited:

Believe it!!! Disney does not hold restaurant tables for resort guests. Period.
If it is booked solid, it is booked solid. Keep trying as cancellation occur all the time.
All that said, there are reportedly some Concierge staff with a special code that can override. In nearly 20 years I have never found them. And the "slipping the Concierge a $20" Does NOT work.
Yeah, it's odd that the CM asks you where you are staying when you check in for your reservation. You would think the wait list would give you priority if staying there...nope. Just keep checking your dates as people cancel.

Have you tried checking for a table for 3? It's sometimes difficult to find a table for 1 or 2. As long as you show up for your reservation, they will not charge you an extra $10 if your party is short by one person.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses and the tip to try checking for a table for 3/4. That did not work as of now but I'll keep trying every day.

I am used to staying value where there is always plenty of food choices at my resort so this has me scratching my head. Feel like I'm getting less and paying more?! I think I'm just frustrated right now, forgive me for venting!

Thanks for the responses and the tip to try checking for a table for 3/4. That did not work as of now but I'll keep trying every day.

I am used to staying value where there is always plenty of food choices at my resort so this has me scratching my head. Feel like I'm getting less and paying more?! I think I'm just frustrated right now, forgive me for venting!
Don't know if these dates/times would work, but Cape May is showing a table for 2 available on 10/6 at 6:50 PM and 7:55 PM. Also, a table for 2 is available on 10/5 at 7:55 PM.

Edit: Sorry, thought your post said you were at the BC the first week of Oct.

1. The quiet pool is on the lake side of the resort so if you are in an upper floor in one of these rooms you should have a partial view of the lake. I don't have any pictures of these rooms but the first floor rooms are right at pool level and not very private.

2. Some have small balconies and some don't. Here are some pictures:

View attachment 183450 View attachment 183452

We stayed in a 3rd floor corner room in the building wing shown in the left hand picture. The wing is between the volleyball court and the quiet pool. We had a standing balcony but the view was so lovely we didn't mind not having a full balcony. Plus it was too hot too sit out there most of the time. We had a king bed.

The building wing in the right hand picture is between the main lake side entrance and the volleyball court.

Here is the link to my room review and pictures from our lagoon view room 3565:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-4#post-53526618

Thank you so much Sue for your help and for the pictures. I'm off to check out your review of room 3565 right now!!
I love seeing everyone's room reviews especially when they contain the actual room number.
I'm really enjoying my "research"!!

Carla

Unfortunately, those 2 restaurants are very popular, booked 180 days out. Have you tried the table service restaurants at the Yacht Club or Board Walk? They are within walking distance.

The Marketplace offers deli sandwiches and flatbreads, and Hurricane Hanna’s offers cheeseburgers, sandwiches, salads, and you can use your quick service credits if using the dining plan.

Walk from the Beach Club lobby to the Yacht Club lobby

I timed this during my August 2015 trip- it took me 5 minutes at a moderate walking pace

The entire route is within hallways or covered walkways, but you are "outside" in open air near Stormalong Bay at one point.

Beach Club Lobby

DSCF9072.jpg

Cape May Café

DSCF9054.jpg

DSCF9053.jpg

Looking out into Stormalong Bay. You are in the open air, but under a roof here.

DSCF9055.jpg

DSCF9056.jpg

You come in through these doors.

DSCF9058.jpg

Looking back

Hallway leading to YC, past Yachtsman Restaurant

DSCF9057.jpg

Captain’s Grille

DSCF9059.jpg

Yacht Club lobby:

WP_20150830_001.jpg

Last edited:

You could try the Touring Plans reservation finder.

I'm sorry you are frustrated. We have stayed at BC multiple times and have never gone hungry. There is the Marketplace, which has an adequate, if limited, menu. You can easily walk to Yacht Club for Ale and Compass or Captains Grill. Walk to Boardwalk for Trattoria al Forno, Big River Grill Works, or Flying Fish. The Boardwalk Bakery has good food too. Honestly, we usually head into EPCOT. Les Halles in France has very good food and opens at 9:00 or for dinner, there are so many options. For our family, Beach Club is not about the food. It's the rooms, lobby, pool and location. I hope this helps! Mary

Have you tried checking for a table for 3? It's sometimes difficult to find a table for 1 or 2. As long as you show up for your reservation, they will not charge you an extra $10 if your party is short by one person.

You can click "modify" after booking for 3 and change it to 2. Shhhh... don't tell anyone :D

Beaches and Cream has some counter seats, you could try a walk up for those seats. Also Crew's Cup lounge doesn't need adrs and is a great option for sandwiches for lunch and has some good dinner entrees. There is also Hurricane Hannah's in Stormalong Bay with tables outside. I'd also keep checking for Cape May Cafe, I'd be shocked if you couldn't get a table there. People also cancel adrs the day before so check for the following day and that morning on MDE you should have some luck there.

You also have lots of extra dining options at the Swan and Dolphin. Some are fancy, some are not.

I am back in my beloved Florida at Anna Maria Island. Off to the beach we go!!!

Mark and I went to the beach for a couple of hours this morning. On the way back, stopped at a vegetable stand for some corn and I was in line behind a guy wearing a t-shirt from an Anna Maria Island restaurant. Skippers or Skip Jack or something like that. Thought of you.

I'll post a few pictures of your trip here.

:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts