Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks, @jennab ! That makes me feel better about not missing the calls.
Of course it means neither club level called me though :(
Did you notice if the phone number was the 407 number that @GADisneyDad14 mentions in his posts?

EDIT: To clarify, I mean was the number that called your phone a 407 number. I would know to answer a 407 number since I know that's Disney and they do sometimes call about a resort, dining, or special event reservation.

Did you notice if the phone number was the 407 number that @GADisneyDad14 mentions in his posts?

EDIT: To clarify, I mean was the number that called your phone a 407 number. I would know to answer a 407 number since I know that's Disney and they do sometimes call about a resort, dining, or special event reservation.
I’ve always been called from a 407 number from DSS. Also, received a message if I missed their call! Don’t hesitate to contact them!! They are always great and willing to help. Enjoy!

Yes, the DSS call is always from (407) 939-7777.

Although while many people do get the call, many people also do not for reasons unknown. We’ve never really been able to find a pattern of why… whether booked via TA, contact settings, or just Disney IT incompetence… so who knows!

So don’t worry about not being contacted. FYI, you can call DSS at any time.

The call that may come from BC/YC in the days before arrival will be a different 407 number - so keep an eye out. Again no guarantees there either as all of this outreach stuff is YMMV - but we’ve been getting them for our BC/YC CL stays. But not Poly (I don’t think they do them).

We haven't stayed club level anywhere since 2016 (Poly), so I don't know if this applies anymore. We used to get an email about two weeks before our arrival from the concierge introducing themselves and offering to help with any ADRs or other reservations. Do all of the club levels do this? We arrive at the BC in less than two weeks and haven't received anything. Just curious, not a big deal. Thanks!
I stayed BC CL last week and got a call maybe like 5 days before arrival? The person who called said she was calling from the Stone Harbor Club.

For the people concerned about bridge construction - I’m not a pool person, but my husband and son went to the pool twice during our trip (tried for a 3rd but had to get out after 10 min due to lightning) and they weren’t bothered by the bridge construction. YMMV of course, but they didn’t say anything about it. I asked my husband if he was bothered and he said no.

Yes it was a 407 area code that called!

I'm copying myself from a recent similar question on the CL thread, but hope it helps:

There are generally two possible contact/outreach moments when it comes to CL these days.

The first is from Disney Signature Services, or DSS. DSS is a centralized planning/concierge service that took the place of the old Itinerary Planning Office (IPO) setup several years ago. Unlike the IPOs, DSS is not physically at a resort and they aren’t all that connected to actual resort/CL operations (one of the downsides of the centralized setup). The IPOs used to e-mail a trip form, which may be what you are thinking of - but they don’t do that any more. Like with anywhere some DSS CMs are more helpful/knowledgable than others when it comes to any specific resort or CL questions. Otherwise they are billed as a personalized planning-oriented type service.

The DSS outreach typically occurs in the days following booking. BUT, reports are inconsistent - some never get this call for reasons only the mouse knows. However you don’t need to wait for them, you can call (407-939-7777) or e-mail them (disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com). They are open 9am-5pm 7 days a week. DSS isn’t a gold-plated concierge so they can’t move mountains, but never hurts to ask if you have a planning need or question.

The second contact/outreach comes from a CM at the actual resort/CL in the few days leading up to your check-in. This is generally a courtesy call to confirm your arrival details, ask about any allergies, and general pleasantries. Not all CLs make this call though. I’ve received it from YC and CR in recent months, but not Poly and GF, just for context. I’ve seen lots of reports about BWI doing them. I know WL did them with frequency pre-Covid. YMMV. These CMs are your most direct link to the resort/CL as they are physically there - it’s worth going over any reasons for your trip, confirming room requests, etc.

Sorry if you already know all of that, but hope it helps. The term CL contact/outreach gets thrown around a lot on the thread but the details of where it’s coming from and when you may hear from them matter.
Great info! Thanks so much!

Page 2001-2002

We are going to be staying for Spring Break next year. We have never been to WDW. I’m a DL gal since I grew up near the park. We are debating doing a red eye flight from Washington state due to the Saturday morning flight being 2.5x more expensive. Any suggestions on what to do until our room is ready? It won’t be a park day for us.

Is your trip in March? Yacht Club or Beach Club?

I like the suggestions of pool or cabana for your arrival day.

:fish:

My family has just decided on an impromptu trip to Disney for the Food & Wine Festival, after we were just there at the end of May, and we’re going to be staying at the Beach Club for the first time!

We’ll be there Sunday, September 11 - Tuesday, September 13 and will be requesting 2 rooms connecting/adjoining for our party of 7 adults and 1 child. We’re planning on doing MNSSHP on Sunday, the day we arrive, and then only one park day in Epcot on Monday before we leave Tuesday evening.

But this will be our first time at staying at a Deluxe resort and we’re all excited!
Sounds like a short but super-fun trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Hello. I have been lurking over here in your lovely thread for a little while. We are GF people. We’ve not stayed in the Epcot resort area but have often visited and enjoyed the atmosphere. Some pixie dust must have mingled with the breakfast granola and now I’m seriously contemplating a split stay, including the YC CL. Is there a room type or view you’d recommend for a quiet stay? Thank you, from this lurker!

:welcome: to posting here!

When is your trip?

Probably the further away you are from the lounge, the quieter the room since there will be less traffic going by. But that would result in a longer walk down the hallway to get to the lounge/elevator to other floors.

:thumbsup2

Congratulations on reaching 40,000 posts!

Now please forgive me but I have searched and can't really find a good answer (plus have checked Touring Plans and was equally confused...) so hoping this isn't a duplicate Q:

We're due to arrive at BC in about 40 days so starting to think about room requests. We paid for a standard room and Mr Eskimo wants to request a full balcony, which I know are few and far between for a standard view. I think there are some with a roof view that then looks out into SAB, and I think there are some that look over the rear entrance to the hotel. Any pros / cons to these and are there any that I haven't seen? There are conflicting floor plans with what's a standard view and what isn't so I'm just confused 😆 Plus we really don't want to be overlooking the front entrance of the hotel due to possible noise.

Once again, sorry if it's been asked before!

Looks like you got some excellent info about options with a standard room view.

::yes::

Most of the standard view rooms are above the big, flat roof. They are on the third and fourth floors. Most of these third floor rooms have the large balcony and most of the fourth floor rooms have the standing balcony. Half of these standard views rooms face the Crescent lake side of the resort and have some decent views. Half of these standard rooms face the parking lot side of the resort but the parking lot is behind trees. It is quieter on the parking lot side. There are also some standard view rooms scattered around the resort. Approximately 50% of the standard view rooms have a large balcony.

I usually request a large balcony and a nice view and hope for the best. :)

Like this!

:goodvibes

Thank you! We are staying in the Newport Presidential suite in September and it is so hard to find any information on the suites. Even from the cast members at the resort and guest services…

AWESOME!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Hi Everyone!

Finally making our journey back to the World at the end of August staying at the YC Aug 30 - Sept 6!!

I saw in a vlog recently that the YC lobby scent had been changed for the 50th - just wondering if anyone can verify?

Thanks!
We just returned from 9 days at the YC. The scent is definitely different. I initially thought that maybe they just changed the scent there at YC---but as days went on and we visited more resorts I realized that the lobby scent was the same everywhere. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of the scent they are using right now.

Wow! I am so glad I found this thread...I was so overwhelmed in choosing a resort! We decided to book the BeachClub Villas 5/31/22-6/11/22. Thanks for all the info on rooms, pool, dining, etc:)

Lighthouse Refurbishment Underway at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

The lighthouse that serves as a beacon for a boat launch at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is undergoing a refurbishment. As of today, boat service is unaffected and running as normal. The work is part of an ongoing effort to beautify the EPCOT area resorts. Here’s a look!

yacht-beach-club-lighthouse-refurbishment-1.jpg

yacht-beach-club-lighthouse-refurbishment-3-1050x1400.jpg
Wonder how long this will go on for? the lighthouse is one of my favourite views and one of the reasons I decided to try YC CL for our first time for 3 nights in October before our cruise! I hope the repairs are done within the next 7 weeks!! :)

We just returned from 9 days at the YC. The scent is definitely different. I initially thought that maybe they just changed the scent there at YC---but as days went on and we visited more resorts I realized that the lobby scent was the same everywhere. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of the scent they are using right now.
That's an unfortunate change! It doesn't make sense for them all to smell the same!

Well.... the resort has been chosen and UNCHANGED for a good 7 months at least! We originally had booked WL CL for our 3 nights prior to our first RCCL cruise in October, but switched over to YC CL since our boys are joining us , are adults (26/30) and we only have a quick 3 nights to cram as much disney magic in as we can! We booked MNSSHP for our arrival night on Oct 6, then booked EPCOT and DHS as our reserved parks on Oct. 7, 8. I am very excited to stay at YC CL as it is the one resort I have consistently wanted to try, it keeps pulling me in every time I walk into the beautiful lobby, see that globe and the quiet, charming nautical theme, with the gorgeous lighthouse and dock to the friendship boats! I just have a feeling this resort will be my new favourite. I have tried BC in 2011 with my then 14 yo son, and it was not a favourite, but the YC always feels so calming and welcoming to me every time I visit, I am very glad we made the switch. My hubby and I booked a waterview CL room and our boys have a Standard view CL room. I am wishing to request a view of the boat dock/lighthouse area, but would like the boys close to our room. Are there standard club rooms close to the water view rooms??
Please add me to the list for October 6-8, 2022 Yacht Club Club Level - Pre-cruise magic with our adult boys (first RCCL cruise (Star Class, Harmony of the Seas)

Thanks!
Marie

The standard views are usually across the hall from the water view. The water view face the back side of hotel (water view—SAB, lake, lighthouse, etc.) and the ones across the hallway face the front of the hotel (standard view—parking lots, trees, etc. view from front of hotel). Check out touring plans room finder to get an idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter