Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We got home from a 9 night stay at the YC last Sunday. Overall it was a great trip! We were in room 2096, it’s a garden view room and looks out onto the quiet pool and tennis courts.

The room is a two queen bed room with a daybed, and it only has a shower, no bath. The no bath thing I didn’t think would be a big deal, but with only the shower the shower/toilet room is like 6”-12” smaller, so it was very cramped in there. Definitely prefer having a bath. Plus with the shower only there was only one small ledge to put the shampoo/conditioner and stuff, and with two of us using our own things we didn’t have enough space.

Please ignore the mess in these pictures, we were too excited the day we arrived to rush off to the food booths that we forgot to get pictures before our stuff exploded all over the room!

Oh, and this room also is a connecting room, connects with I believe 2098.

Now I mentioned this in a previous post while I was down there, but we did have some issues with this room. They were doing the prep work for the painting on this side of the building while we were there, but they didn’t work the weekends and I guess left early on Friday, so we didn’t realize how disruptive this would be until our 4th day in the room when we came back for lunch and wanted to eat out on the balcony only to find two workers and a ladder out there!

I wanted to move to a non-construction zone room, but since we had already unpacked my mom did not want to waste the time repacking everything and moving, so we stayed. It was a bummer since they were out on either our balcony or the ones above all week and construction debris was falling onto the balcony constantly so we couldn’t use it at all during the day. This normally wouldn’t be a huge deal, in past trips we would do lunch at the food booths in Epcot, but with the hopping not until 2 this year we had planned to eat a bunch of our lunches out on the balcony instead, so this ruined that plan for us!

And I do realize this is on us for not moving, but when we checked in our original room was not ready so they offered us this one which was, so I do wish they had told us that while this room was ready early, it was in the middle of a construction zone so at least we had the choice of an early room or a room we could use the balcony!

Besides that the YC was great, and really if it weren't for the work being done, that location would have been super quiet. Did the cabana two days, both after a Boo Bash, which was awesome. It’s amazing how fast the day goes by while you’re at the cabana! Did notice there were some cabanas that had 9-12 guests in them, I had thought the limit was 6 guests, but apparently not!

We did have a fireworks cruise from the YC booked last week, but that ended up getting cancelled because of the weather. Whomp whomp. The weather this trip was definitely the worst we’ve ever had in September, but to be fair we have had spectacular luck with rain free trips in September so a trip with even a bit of rain would be worse! It did rain though nearly every day, which did impact some aspects of our plans, but it wasn’t too bad. We’ve been expecting our luck with rain to end one of these years so came prepared with ponchos and umbrellas!

Oh, and the YC felt very empty until last weekend. Usually when we go in September there are a ton of convention groups staying at the YC, but this trip we only saw one convention group and it seemed like a pretty small group. There were however sooooo many wedding parties! We even saw a wedding on the beach by the slide! That was pretty awesome to see! We kept seeing what we thought was the same wedding party in Epcot throughout the trip, but we realized that no, they definitely were different parties, just all wearing the exact same shirt. Some Etsy shop made a killing with those wedding party shirts, they were everywhere!

Are the YC or BC doing bounceback offers for discounts for future reservations?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

No, bouncebacks have yet to return to WDW since reopening last summer.

Maybe someday, but seemingly something Disney isn’t in a rush to bring back at the moment.

Just to add a comment to the post from @GADisneyDad14 above. Bounce Back offers are used to fill rooms that would have otherwise gone empty later in the year or select seasons for the next year.

Disney is managing inventory Quarter to Quarter at the moment and does not want a volume of discounted rooms 12 months in advance hoping that the 50th activities will keep the resorts full as more room come online as inventory.

Dave

Just arrived for a 5D/4N stay at Beach Club. Made no special requests. Got room 2585. OMG !! It has a balcony and a half. Close to the back elevators for a quick out to EPCOT. BEAUTIFUL room.

If you are looking for the room on a resort map, it faces the courtyard behind the volleyball court. Far back right corner, 2nd floor.

Last edited:
I posted this question on another site, so if this looks familiar, it probably is! In the interest of getting as much info and varying opinions as possible, I'm posting it here as well. If there is some restriction against doing so, my apologies and feel free to remove. That said:

For our trip next June, we'll be staying at YC (our first Deluxe resort stay) for the first leg of our Orlando adventure (Saturday though Thursday morning) and switching to Universal's LPB on Thursday staying until Monday. Once we check out of YC on Thursday I know we have access to SAB all day, which we will all enjoy, but my boys will LOVE! I was considering renting a cabana that day so we have a "home base" to relax with shade, cool drinks, and comfortable seating/sleeping. Do you recommend a full day rental, or only half? Which half? I figure we can have a leisurely lunch at the resort and camp in regular seating for a bit if we did the last half of the day. If we did the first half, maybe it would be a good time to head on over to our Universal hotel and get settled in there? I've heard horror stories about checking in to the UO resorts vs WDW's online check-in. Is there a better/worse time to arrive that would influence how we enjoy our last day at YC?

Having never gone to UO, much less split a stay in this manner, I'm interested to get others' thought on this.

I posted this question on another site, so if this looks familiar, it probably is! In the interest of getting as much info and varying opinions as possible, I'm posting it here as well. If there is some restriction against doing so, my apologies and feel free to remove. That said:

For our trip next June, we'll be staying at YC (our first Deluxe resort stay) for the first leg of our Orlando adventure (Saturday though Thursday morning) and switching to Universal's LPB on Thursday staying until Monday. Once we check out of YC on Thursday I know we have access to SAB all day, which we will all enjoy, but my boys will LOVE! I was considering renting a cabana that day so we have a "home base" to relax with shade, cool drinks, and comfortable seating/sleeping. Do you recommend a full day rental, or only half? Which half? I figure we can have a leisurely lunch at the resort and camp in regular seating for a bit if we did the last half of the day. If we did the first half, maybe it would be a good time to head on over to our Universal hotel and get settled in there? I've heard horror stories about checking in to the UO resorts vs WDW's online check-in. Is there a better/worse time to arrive that would influence how we enjoy our last day at YC?

Having never gone to UO, much less split a stay in this manner, I'm interested to get others' thought on this.
I’d head over earlier rather than later. The one time we stayed at universal ( probably close to 20 years ago) they had run out of rooms even though we’d paid for ours as part of a package some 11 months earlier. They shipped us out to the Peabody for the night which we were not happy about. I’ve never been able to convince the family to try a stay there again as it was just an awful way to start a holiday after a 9 hour flight to get there

For our trip next June, we'll be staying at YC (our first Deluxe resort stay) for the first leg of our Orlando adventure (Saturday though Thursday morning) and switching to Universal's LPB on Thursday staying until Monday. Once we check out of YC on Thursday I know we have access to SAB all day, which we will all enjoy, but my boys will LOVE! I was considering renting a cabana that day so we have a "home base" to relax with shade, cool drinks, and comfortable seating/sleeping. Do you recommend a full day rental, or only half? Which half?

Have you confirmed that you can rent a cabana for only half a day? I thought that when the hotels reopened (after closing for the Pandemic), they were only doing full day rentals. I had not heard that they started offering half days again. But I haven't been trying to book, so maybe I just missed the news.

Have you confirmed that you can rent a cabana for only half a day? I thought that when the hotels reopened (after closing for the Pandemic), they were only doing full day rentals. I had not heard that they started offering half days again. But I haven't been trying to book, so maybe I just missed the news.

Yes, I believe right now they are only offering full day rentals. At least, that was all we could get for our trip in early October.

Hi, apologies if asked previously but what time does bus service to the parks begin each morning? And is bus service shared with Boardwalk? Assuming new “standard” early entry opens of 7:30 (AK), 8:30 (MK)….how early should I be hitting bus stop for first bus? Much thx!

Hi, apologies if asked previously but what time does bus service to the parks begin each morning? And is bus service shared with Boardwalk? Assuming new “standard” early entry opens of 7:30 (AK), 8:30 (MK)….how early should I be hitting bus stop for first bus? Much thx!

Two weeks ago the first bus to MK was around 7:45 and AK was about 6:50 (I think 6:52 was the earliest we saw). YC/BC buses did not share with the BW. The MK bus only picks up at YC or BC, they don't share in the morning, but the AK bus does share in the morning, picks up YC and then swings by BC.

Edit to add, all but one time we ended up taking the BW bus back from the parks since the line for YC/BC was huge and buses were not coming as frequently as the BW bus. Definitely convenient that the BW bus station is right next to the YC/BC stop so we could make a quick decision to hop on the other bus.

We stayed at CBR two years ago aforo a week and then switched to Royal Pacific for the last 5 days. We spent most of the day at Hollywood Studios, retrieved our luggage from CBR, and took an Uber to RP. We checked in around 7:30pm with no problems whatsoever.

I’d head over earlier rather than later. The one time we stayed at universal ( probably close to 20 years ago) they had run out of rooms even though we’d paid for ours as part of a package some 11 months earlier. They shipped us out to the Peabody for the night which we were not happy about. I’ve never been able to convince the family to try a stay there again as it was just an awful way to start a holiday after a 9 hour flight to get there
Oh that's awful! Hopefully with computer reservation systems being what they are, that's a thing of the past. That said, I'm not willing to risk that. We need the extra room for an inflatable mattress for one of the kiddos. (Getting the boys (16 &14) to share beds is NOT going to happen and isn't a battle I'm willing to fight on vacation.)

I was just told on the other board and @srauseo confirmed here that they are only doing full day rentals right now. Maybe that will change by June22? 🤞 🤞

I am staying in a standard beach club room soon. My baby still likes bottles warmed up a bit. I had read at one point microwaves were available upon request to have in the room subject to availability. Is this still the case?

Just found amazing airfare, so we will be visting Yacht Club for our first time ever for 3 days in December. I need help with a few questions - if possible - thanks in advance.

1) Room Type - there was very limited availability, so I booked "Garden/Woods View. Is that ok? Do all rooms have balconies, or just some; and if I wanted to surprise my kids with a balcony, what should I book/have booked?

2) What room request should I make, if any? I had read about a King with a pull out, which would work best; if I request "King Bed" is that what we would get?

3) At other resorts, requesting a Ground Floor room saves a ton of walking; any pros/cons of that, if this room type DOESN'T have a balcony? Any other Room Request suggestions?

4) We have a very late night flight out on our last day; is there an ability to shower by the pool?

5) My teenage son LOVES hot tubs; our last trip to Coronado for a week; the hot tub was "under maintanance" the whole time :(. Are there hot tubs at the pool complex?

Thanks so much anyone! We are so excited!!!

We just returned from our Polynesian stay last weekend and I told my DS that we were staying at the YC next trip. So I already booked a trip for Sept 24 - Oct 1 2022. So excited to be going back to my favorite resort. :woohoo: :cool1: :flower1:

Last edited:
Just found amazing airfare, so we will be visting Yacht Club for our first time ever for 3 days in December. I need help with a few questions - if possible - thanks in advance.

1) Room Type - there was very limited availability, so I booked "Garden/Woods View. Is that ok? Do all rooms have balconies, or just some; and if I wanted to surprise my kids with a balcony, what should I book/have booked?

2) What room request should I make, if any? I had read about a King with a pull out, which would work best; if I request "King Bed" is that what we would get?

3) At other resorts, requesting a Ground Floor room saves a ton of walking; any pros/cons of that, if this room type DOESN'T have a balcony? Any other Room Request suggestions?

4) We have a very late night flight out on our last day; is there an ability to shower by the pool?

5) My teenage son LOVES hot tubs; our last trip to Coronado for a week; the hot tub was "under maintanance" the whole time :(. Are there hot tubs at the pool complex?

Thanks so much anyone! We are so excited!!!
That wonderful that you are able to get great airfare and the Yacht Club. Most rooms have a full balcony, I would put that on your room request if that is a major priority. I have had a king room at the Yacht Club on the 5th floor. All the rooms are pretty much the same size. Getting a king would be great for you, the pull out would be enough for two younger children but maybe not a older teens. Most rooms have two queens plus a pull out so keep that in mind.
I have never stayed on the ground floor always the highest I could get, mostly 5th floor club rooms. You should be able to see Epcot fireworks at night. If the showers by the pool are open and I have heard they are you can shower there on your last day and stormalong bay has a hot tub, also a whirlpool area in the pool. Have a great time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!