Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here in a long time but just wanted to share my recent 7-night experience at the YC 7/23-7/30 (was supposed to be BC). Overall, it was amazing! We originally had a six-night garden view room stay booked at Beach Club but decided to add an extra night last minute which caused us to have two separate reservations. When we arrived at 8 pm we were given a first-floor room at BC, which we did not want so we figured we would call guest services to see if we could change to a higher floor for the six-night portion. While we were calling, we noticed a roach-yuck! So, we mentioned that as well on the call. They told us they would work on finding us a new room and we could take our luggage to bell services while they worked on it. So, we went over to the Boardwalk to eat dinner and got a call about an hour later that we had received some "Disney magic" and did we ever! They upgraded us to a fifth-floor king room with a water view at YC for the entire week and comped our first night due to the trouble. We were absolutely floored and did not expect that at all. We had the best room-5241 with windows on two sides overlooking SAB and the Boardwalk. It was awesome, especially since we were celebrating a big anniversary. We had an amazing week and all of the cast members we encountered were friendly and accommodating! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I just thought I would share our awesome experience!

We have stayed in the room when it was club level (love it). We are headed there on Aug 19 for our 40th and excited to return.

Oh no.....that would not be good for us. We intentionally booked the Water View room because we figured we would be spending more time than usual at the resort ...... how long are the scaffolds in a set place for....maybe we will be lucky and they will be gone next week. Does anyone know if Touring plans will attempt to send a fax again if you make a change?

Keep in mind you can always ask to be moved. You can inquire about the construction when you check in. They are typically very good about trying to make you happy.

There are only a few rooms without a balcony and I know that a couple of them are club level and water view.

Honestly, I thought all rooms at YC had balconies. The rooms with the "mini" balconies are on the BC side. I agree, at the YC, do not waste a request on a balcony. We have stayed many times and always had a balcony in the standard, garden and waterview rooms.

There are only a few of those rooms, honestly I wouldn’t worry too much about getting one of them, it’s very unlikely. I guess you could
add a request for balcony, but if you have any other requests I would put them instead of “wasting” your request on a balcony, As for what room type, I’m not sure. I think one might be a CL room that is a good water view but no balcony, I remember seeing it mentioned on the CL thread.

Yes, all rooms have fridges. I don’t know if they are true fridges though, or those coolers that don’t get very cold. if you need to keep the medicine at a particular temp you might want to check on that with the resort.

They have always held our Amazon prime now cold orders for us until we pick them up at all resorts. however, they just changed the rules on transferring perishable items between resorts so I hope they don’t change storing grocery deliveries as well.

Resorts are good about working with you on storing medicines at a particular temperature. I agree the "frig" in the room is more to keep drinks, etc. cool. If you are in the DVC type rooms on the BC side I think they have real refrigerators.

Club Level has not re-opened at any resorts just yet and there is no real timeline for it as far as I know.

No timeline for YC or BC. However I do know a couple other resorts have announced timelines. Destino Tower at CSR is in December (middle) sometime.

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here in a long time but just wanted to share my recent 7-night experience at the YC 7/23-7/30 (was supposed to be BC). Overall, it was amazing! We originally had a six-night garden view room stay booked at Beach Club but decided to add an extra night last minute which caused us to have two separate reservations. When we arrived at 8 pm we were given a first-floor room at BC, which we did not want so we figured we would call guest services to see if we could change to a higher floor for the six-night portion. While we were calling, we noticed a roach-yuck! So, we mentioned that as well on the call. They told us they would work on finding us a new room and we could take our luggage to bell services while they worked on it. So, we went over to the Boardwalk to eat dinner and got a call about an hour later that we had received some "Disney magic" and did we ever! They upgraded us to a fifth-floor king room with a water view at YC for the entire week and comped our first night due to the trouble. We were absolutely floored and did not expect that at all. We had the best room-5241 with windows on two sides overlooking SAB and the Boardwalk. It was awesome, especially since we were celebrating a big anniversary. We had an amazing week and all of the cast members we encountered were friendly and accommodating! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I just thought I would share our awesome experience!
What room number was the first floor room? I want to avoid a buggy room

Resorts are good about working with you on storing medicines at a particular temperature. I agree the "frig" in the room is more to keep drinks, etc. cool. If you are in the DVC type rooms on the BC side I think they have real refrigerators.

Just noticed somewhere else they posted a note that is now on frig. It says cools to 41 degrees only.

My birthday is coming up on the 10th and when we got back from Disney Springs last night, there was a gift in the room from Mickey to me! ❤ It was a personalized birthday card, a BC/YC water bottle, a small bag of chips and a pack of cookies!
That's so cool! My partner's birthday is on our arrival day. How does one make sure a birthday is acknowledged? Did they get your birthday out of your check-in information, or did someone in your party mention it to the front desk?

Does Beaches & Cream still have some tables reserved outside for diners (with ability to order off full menu) or with the re-opening of the to-go window are those no longer reserved?

That's so cool! My partner's birthday is on our arrival day. How does one make sure a birthday is acknowledged? Did they get your birthday out of your check-in information, or did someone in your party mention it to the front desk?

I can’t remember if my TA noted it on my reservation or not. When we arrived, I went to the front desk to see about switching to a room with a balcony and asked about a birthday button.

Checked in to the BC yesterday! Everything’s been great so far. My birthday is coming up on the 10th and when we got back from Disney Springs last night, there was a gift in the room from Mickey to me! ❤ It was a personalized birthday card, a BC/YC water bottle, a small bag of chips and a pack of cookies! I was so excited! We have spent multiple birthdays here for my boys and husband and they never got anything before. Today’s our first park day, but so far the Disney magic is still here! CM interaction has been great! Also, the bus to/from DS was prompt. We waited about 15 minutes to get one from the BC and when we left DS the bus was waiting on us!

Off to DHS today! BG 19! We are so excited!
:bday:

Hello, Dear Friends
(and new members to this thread who I have not had a chance to :welcome: officially, and to whom I apologize for the upcoming, gut-wrenching post),

I am just starting to swim towards the surface following the absolutely tragic loss of my husband Mark 2 weeks ago. We had been together as best friends for 40 years starting when we were high school sweethearts, and our 35th anniversary just passed. He was truly an extraordinary man. That certainly comes from a place of bias, but has been backed up by the incredible tributes from friends and especially a number of colleagues who have honestly shared that my husband was THE greatest influence on their careers, he taught them more than any other manager/programmer (about coding and life) and literally changed one intern's life.

Mark had just retired 3 months ago, and as a result of his hard work for so many years, and our excellent planning, we had the ability to do practically anything we wanted, to go to all the places we had never been and maybe go back to a few others that we loved.

To say that my sons Nate and Ben and I are devastated is an understatement. This is not okay, not by any stretch of the imagination. But they will be okay. I will be okay. We are all going to keep busy, because that is how we get through this. That is what Mark wants- not for us to crawl into a ball under the bed covers. I have a HUGE amount of support from my friends and community and that helps a lot.

I want to thank all of you who have posted messages or reached out to me. Thank you to @luvpoohandcompany for keeping you informed.

I'll be back trying to run the show soon. Not exactly sure when, but I won't be able to catch up on past posts so the Be Our Guest list will have some empty space for awhile. When I am ready, I'll ask for you to repost the dates of any future trips. I'll update Page 1 with current news and changes.

Speaking of trips. To bring this slightly on topic.

In a horrifically unbelievably case of coincidence, my best friend Linda lost her husband John, also 56, suddenly two weeks before Mark passed. I had been supporting her through the loss and now we are supporting each other. John and Linda, Mark and I all love Disney. Linda and I were roommates on our sons' 8th grade class trip in 2015. John was Puumba to my Timon when we performed Hakuna Matata in front of 600 middle school students (and stunned Linda with the surprise).

I am taking Linda on a trip to WDW in August. She is a school secretary so this is good timing for her. My boys will both be gone from home so it will be good for me to be away. We are going to laugh and cry and drink. Not necessarily in that order. We are not sure that this is a good idea or not, but we are going to do it. Mark and John would both support this trip 100%.

We will be having dinner with Teena, the former long-time Beach Club lobby greeter and a CM friend Lauren for dinner one night. Teena also lost her husband suddenly in 2015, while my group of DIS friends were on a trip visiting her.

Linda and I will have 2 nights at Caribbean Beach and one night at the Poly, where we will watch the fireworks from the beach.

Thanks, again, for all of the love, prayer and positive energy you have been sending to my friends and family.

As a famous Mouse once said "See You Real Soon!"

Dee (natebenma)

:grouphug:

PS- if you want to send me an email, you can write to beachclubdee at yahoo. I forgot that I had that way to communicate with any of you who want to.

It’s good to hear from you, Dee. You and your boys have been very much in my thoughts. I hope your trip offers some much needed laughs and smiles. Xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!