Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Could someone please tell me if the TVs in the rooms at the Yacht Club are Smart TVs and/or if they have a USB port? I am working on my packing list and was thinking if we have lots of rain, we may want to return to the room for movies from Netflix or Disney+ to avoid being stuck in indoor crowds......wondering if I should pack a chromecast or if we'd be able to cast direct to the TV from our phones or iPad.

ALSO - wondering where the current scaffolding is for the outdoor refurbs....I saw a photo someone posted in a FB group yesterday and it looked like it was right in the area where we requested our room.....TP already sent our room request area so I guess there isn't much we can do about it now.

Could someone please tell me if the TVs in the rooms at the Yacht Club are Smart TVs and/or if they have a USB port? I am working on my packing list and was thinking if we have lots of rain, we may want to return to the room for movies from Netflix or Disney+ to avoid being stuck in indoor crowds......wondering if I should pack a chromecast or if we'd be able to cast direct to the TV from our phones or iPad.

ALSO - wondering where the current scaffolding is for the outdoor refurbs....I saw a photo someone posted in a FB group yesterday and it looked like it was right in the area where we requested our room.....TP already sent our room request area so I guess there isn't much we can do about it now.

Left on Tuesday. At that point, the construction was directly behind the lobby - facing out to the dock where you catch the friendship boats - and on both sides. Could still use as entrance/exit but the sides were fenced off and it was noisy.

TV was not obviously smart ... as in there wasn't a home screen like I've seen at other hotels inviting me to log into my Netflix (or other) account but I didn't really investigate. Also did not check for USB.

My brother stayed 2 nights at the YC 2 weeks ago, and they were doing the painting/maintenance directly in front of his room the entire time. One morning he and his son were in the room and a Constructiom worker climbed over from a cherry picket onto their balcony and startled them. One of the days they went back to nap and there was someone actually on their balcony and lots of noise, I believe he went out and asked them to come back later and the guy did. He was not warned of this when he checked in, and was quite irritated. He’s used to staying places like four seasons and was not thrilled with it, but at least he was just there 2 nights and we were in a 2BR villa at the BCV so he spent most of the time after we arrived in our room.

I know this isn’t the prevailing opinion here, but I think they should close a section of rooms for a couple of day stretch each and just get it all done, then move to the next section. Or grab people at check in that had standard views booked and offer them water view but with the cherry pickers/painting at the SV rate, or offer water view people at check in a SV rate if that is going on. Then instead of being annoyed a certain subset of people might be thrilled, amd it’s a win/win.

My brother stayed 2 nights at the YC 2 weeks ago, and they were doing the painting/maintenance directly in front of his room the entire time. One morning he and his son were in the room and a Constructiom worker climbed over from a cherry picket onto their balcony and startled them. One of the days they went back to nap and there was someone actually on their balcony and lots of noise, I believe he went out and asked them to come back later and the guy did. He was not warned of this when he checked in, and was quite irritated. He’s used to staying places like four seasons and was not thrilled with it, but at least he was just there 2 nights and we were in a 2BR villa at the BCV so he spent most of the time after we arrived in our room.

I know this isn’t the prevailing opinion here, but I think they should close a section of rooms for a couple of day stretch each and just get it all done, then move to the next section. Or grab people at check in that had standard views booked and offer them water view but with the cherry pickers/painting at the SV rate, or offer water view people at check in a SV rate if that is going on. Then instead of being annoyed a certain subset of people might be thrilled, amd it’s a win/win.

Oh no.....that would not be good for us. We intentionally booked the Water View room because we figured we would be spending more time than usual at the resort ...... how long are the scaffolds in a set place for....maybe we will be lucky and they will be gone next week. Does anyone know if Touring plans will attempt to send a fax again if you make a change?

Certainly isn’t the prevailing opinion with me. I’m a pretty easy going traveler and I’ll usually roll with most anything, but scaffolding and active work occurring ON my balcony/right outside my balcony would cross the line for me. A day or two project, ok, not great but I get it/wouldn’t be a problem. But this exterior project has been more than that. From what I saw in July, certain sections should be closed (especially the scaffolding area) and/or something like what you describe seem reasonable, IMO.

Or at least some notice ahead of time - “during your stay you may notice us improving things…” like Disney often does with some things. But for some reason it’s crickets with this YC project.

With sadness an update was given Yacht and Beach do not have current CL Lounges do not yet which is sad as I was hoping to try and be there for Christmas this year.

We're excited to announce re-opening dates for Club Level Lounges at select Resorts!
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - August 26, 2021
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (Royal Palm Club) - September 16, 2021
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn - September 23, 2021
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort - September 26, 2021
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge - December 16, 2021
  • Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - December 16, 2021
The following Club Level lounges do not yet have reopening dates:
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (Sugar Loaf Club)
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Checked in to the BC yesterday! Everything’s been great so far. My birthday is coming up on the 10th and when we got back from Disney Springs last night, there was a gift in the room from Mickey to me! ❤️ It was a personalized birthday card, a BC/YC water bottle, a small bag of chips and a pack of cookies! I was so excited! We have spent multiple birthdays here for my boys and husband and they never got anything before. Today’s our first park day, but so far the Disney magic is still here! CM interaction has been great! Also, the bus to/from DS was prompt. We waited about 15 minutes to get one from the BC and when we left DS the bus was waiting on us!

Off to DHS today! BG 19! We are so excited!

Checked in to the BC yesterday! Everything’s been great so far. My birthday is coming up on the 10th and when we got back from Disney Springs last night, there was a gift in the room from Mickey to me! ❤ It was a personalized birthday card, a BC/YC water bottle, a small bag of chips and a pack of cookies! I was so excited! We have spent multiple birthdays here for my boys and husband and they never got anything before. Today’s our first park day, but so far the Disney magic is still here! CM interaction has been great! Also, the bus to/from DS was prompt. We waited about 15 minutes to get one from the BC and when we left DS the bus was waiting on us!

Off to DHS today! BG 19! We are so excited!
Happy Birthday!

Reading another thread about the new night hours (split stay with value after, have to wait and see if we can still use the night hours on switch day) for deluxe got me thinking about our stay in March. I know you can use the pool through check out day, but what if you are staying at a different hotel that night on property? Will it still show we are able to use the pool, or will the new resort not show us as being guests anymore?

Reading another thread about the new night hours (split stay with value after, have to wait and see if we can still use the night hours on switch day) for deluxe got me thinking about our stay in March. I know you can use the pool through check out day, but what if you are staying at a different hotel that night on property? Will it still show we are able to use the pool, or will the new resort not show us as being guests anymore?
We have been able to use the pool after check out, even when transferring to another resort.

For those that have reserved cabanas before, when you rent the whole day, is that from pool open to pool close i.e. 10am to 10 pm? I have one for Labor Day and am just curious.
If it is super hot out, we may do morning and evening. Thanks

For those that have reserved cabanas before, when you rent the whole day, is that from pool open to pool close i.e. 10am to 10 pm? I have one for Labor Day and am just curious.
If it is super hot out, we may do morning and evening. Thanks

No, it’s 10am-7pm. They generally need/want you out by 7pm so they can close up/clean up from the day, in my experience.

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here in a long time but just wanted to share my recent 7-night experience at the YC 7/23-7/30 (was supposed to be BC). Overall, it was amazing! We originally had a six-night garden view room stay booked at Beach Club but decided to add an extra night last minute which caused us to have two separate reservations. When we arrived at 8 pm we were given a first-floor room at BC, which we did not want so we figured we would call guest services to see if we could change to a higher floor for the six-night portion. While we were calling, we noticed a roach-yuck! So, we mentioned that as well on the call. They told us they would work on finding us a new room and we could take our luggage to bell services while they worked on it. So, we went over to the Boardwalk to eat dinner and got a call about an hour later that we had received some "Disney magic" and did we ever! They upgraded us to a fifth-floor king room with a water view at YC for the entire week and comped our first night due to the trouble. We were absolutely floored and did not expect that at all. We had the best room-5241 with windows on two sides overlooking SAB and the Boardwalk. It was awesome, especially since we were celebrating a big anniversary. We had an amazing week and all of the cast members we encountered were friendly and accommodating! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I just thought I would share our awesome experience!

Anyone there now or very recently who can give an update on the construction at YC? We check in on the 21st and I am afraid our room requested area is in the section they are working on.

Also, i know this may be impossible to answer, but does anyone know if the construction has been moving around? Like is my room request change maybe a waste of time because the section i request next could be under construction next?

Thanks.

Anyone there now or very recently who can give an update on the construction at YC? We check in on the 21st and I am afraid our room requested area is in the section they are working on.

Also, i know this may be impossible to answer, but does anyone know if the construction has been moving around? Like is my room request change maybe a waste of time because the section i request next could be under construction next?

Thanks.

You just never know. They are saying it looks like construction on outside maintenance. My guess is that they do not have those rooms booked as water view rooms have been a bit more scarce. Remember you can always request a change if you don't care for your room. We check in after midnight on the 19th at YC so we will be there the same time. We have a garden view. We will get a text (probably before we leave the airport) and if the room assignment isn't what I want, I will call. Touring Plans has a great map of all YC rooms with numbers on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter