Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi - I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered but we haven't been to WDW in a while. Is CL open at either BC or YC? If not, any idea when it will open?

Thanks!

Club Level has not re-opened at any resorts just yet and there is no real timeline for it as far as I know.

Hi - I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered but we haven't been to WDW in a while. Is CL open at either BC or YC? If not, any idea when it will open?

Thanks!
Last I knew there was no date for club level return there. I think the earliest one to reopen will be grand flo in September. That was as of last month not sure if there was a more recent update.

Last I knew there was no date for club level return there. I think the earliest one to reopen will be grand flo in September. That was as of last month not sure if there was a more recent update.

These are the only ones currently having a sale on CL rooms,

We’re looking forward to reopening our Club Level Lounges, with sales for Club Level rooms and suites beginning on June 4 for the following hotels:
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

These are the only ones currently having a sale on CL rooms,

We’re looking forward to reopening our Club Level Lounges, with sales for Club Level rooms and suites beginning on June 4 for the following hotels:
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
I believe the June 4 date is just when they became available to be booked not the club rooms opening date. I could totally be wrong but last I saw they were staggered openings not all 1 date. I could be mistaken but some of those resorts like wilderness lodge were just opening in general at that time not their club amenities.

Here’s the CL reopening schedule. Note, AKL resort reopening was announced after Disney released CL reopening info, although they’ve been selling CL rooms starting 8/26…so caveat that that one hasn’t been officially confirmed. Poly, GF SL, YC, and BC have no announced CL reopening dates yet.

AKL 8/26/2021

GF - RPC 9/16/2021

BWI 9/23/2021

CR 9/26/2021

CSR (GDT) 12/16/2021

WL 12/16/2021

Poly -

GF - SL -

BC -

YC -

Could someone remind me of this, but was there a bus to Disney Springs after 4PM from the parks? The amount of times I have to explain the current process makes me question my memory. As I can not recall if there a bus there and vice versa. Ill say this for now incase no one knew but as it stands right now there is No direct bus from any Park to DS. lol

You're correct, there used to be (pre-Covid) buses from the parks to Disney Springs after 4pm. No idea if those are ever coming back again, though.

Any idea if the construction/maintenance will affect things in the next 2 weeks? Just saw pictures and it looks like most of the balconies facing the water (near the pool) in YC have something going on.

Does anyone have a recent experience with Amazon Fresh? I've searched for (and found) info from April of this year, and info on Amazon Now. I'm hoping for confirmation that there's still no problem with having a delivery to the Beach Club- I'm assuming I use the hotel address - without my room number, and when I'm not there yet. (I'll have done online checkin.)

I enjoyed looking at everyones trip reports so I thought I would give mine. We stayed at Beach Club July 14-21 and at Hard Rock Universal July 21-24. We have now been to Disneyworld 4 of the last 7 years (2015,2018,2019,2021) but this was our first time to stay at Beach Club. The main reason we stayed here was for the walking distance to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

July 14 - Arrive at Beach Club at around 3:30. Room wasn't ready so we checked out the resort and headed to Epcot around 4:15. Walked on to Imagination, Soarin (said it was a 30 minute wait) and the Land, ate some food at Sunshine seasons, then walked onto Nemo and then Spaceship Earth. We then waited about an hour for Test Track then headed to our room around 8:00 (Room was actually ready at 5:00). Room was nice and seemed clean, but we had dirty towels hanging in our bathroom we didn't notice (Hanging on the back of the door) until we were all unpacked and settled so we just called and told the front desk we were leaving the towels outside the room but we didn't ask to change rooms.

July 15 - Arrived at bus stop at 7:20 for Magic Kingdom. There were about 15 people already there waiting for the bus. Bus arrived at around 7:45 and made it to Magic Kingdom around 8:05. We seemed like one of the last buses there, so we decided to go to Peter Pan first instead of 7DMT. Park opened right at 9:00. Only ride that went down while we were in line this morning was Pirates. We had lunch at Tonys then stayed until about 2:30 then headed back to Room. We just swam at Stormalong Bay for the evening and the kids (Boys 8 and 5) really enjoyed the beach.

July 16 - Arrived at bus stop at 6:25 for Animal Kingdom. Bus arrived at 6:40 and we were the only family on the bus. It was nice passing the entrance to the park and seeing the cars not allowed to park yet. We started the walk from the bridge toward FOP right at 7:30 and we were off before 8:00. We stayed until around 1:30 and headed back to rest at the hotel. We left the hotel at 4:30 and rode the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios. We rode TSM (30 min wait), ate at Woodys then rode MMRR (45 Min) and Millennium Falcon (45 Min). We rode the boat back to Beach Club.

July 17 - Didn't get a boarding pass for Rise at 7:00. Started walking toward Hollywood Studios at 7:20 and made it around 7:45. Gates opened at 8:00 and we were near the front of the line for Toy Story Land and were allowed to start walking towards Toy Story Land at 8:30. Rode Slinky Dog around 7:40 then walked on to Aliens and TSMM then the lines started to get backed up. We walked around Star Wars Land and had lunch at Sci Fi at 11:30. We were about to get a boarding pass at 1:00 for Rise with a return time about an hour away. We got stuck on Rise and they had to turn on the lights and walk us off the ride. We were planning on going to Magic Kingdom that night but we got a fastpass for Rise so we had to come back that evening. We tried to ask Guest Services if we could get the fastpass for a different day so we didn't have to come back, but they said it had to be the same day. The cast member was great though and gave us fastpasses for Slinky Dog and Millennium Falcon to make up for it. We went back to Beach Club, rested, ate dinner at the Boardwalk and made it back to Hollywood Studios at 6:30. We rode all three rides then came back and watched the Epcot Fireworks from Beach Club.

July 18 - Slept in until 8:00. Walked to Epcot at 10:00 and were held up inside Epcot until maybe 10:30 or 10:45. We then walked on to Frozen then stayed at Epcot until around 2:30 (We aren't really Epcot fans). We rested then had Beaches and Cream at 5:00. It was great as usual then took the bus to Magic Kingdom at 6:15. Bus showed up right as we were walking up so that was great. Evening Magic Kingdom was way better than morning Magic Kingdom. We got off 7DMT around 10:10 then walked to the bus. The longest line was for Beach Club/Yacht Club, but the busses arrived one after the other.

July 19 - Didn't get a boarding pass again for Rise at 7:00. We left at 7:20 again but this time Slinky dog didn't open until 9:00. This really kept us from riding too many things before lunch at Primetime Cafe at 11:30. We left after lunch and I got a boarding pass for Rise at 1:00 again while walking back. We rested (Rise was down for quite a while it looked like). We drove to Hollywood Studios around 4:30 to just ride Rise and it took about 40 minutes to ride. We then left for Magic Kingdom and stayed until 10:00. It was crazy waiting for the monorail for our car, but we made it back to the hotel around 11:00.

July 20 - Didn't get a boarding pass again for Rise at 7:00. After the first morning at Magic Kingdom, we decided we didn't want to go back in the morning so we switched to Hollywood Studios for the 20th. We didn't leave until about 7:40 because my youngest wanted to ride TOT and oldest went to Millennium Falcon. We were still one of the first on TOT and it opened at 8:30. Unfortunately, Millennium Falcon didn't open until a little after 9:00. My youngest and I rode TSMM and Aliens and met my wife and oldest just as we were getting off of Aliens. We walked back to Beach Club at 11:00 and at lunch at Boardwalk Pizza. Got a boarding pass at 1:00 for Rise but the kids were sleeping when the boarding group was called (around 2:30). We just swam and packed the evening.

July 21. Drove to Animal Kingdom. Arrived at 7:15 and Na'vi opened around 7:50. We didn't try to ride FOP but we got to ride everything else and the boys both finished their Wilderness Explorers books and received all their badges. We left around 2:30 for Universal.

I will end this as that was the end of our Disney Part. This was longer than I planned, but hopefully someone finds the information useful. It really helped us reading up before our trip.

A few things I will add:
  • Hotel Internet and data plan were SLOW at Beach Club. I turned off WIFI for Rise the first 2 times at 7:00 and used WIFI the 3rd time. Didn't have any luck any time. At the 1:00 boarding group, I was able to get early returns times (66, 72 and 80). Everyone was on even ground at this point when it came to internet speed and I think this really helped.
  • We are Disney people, but for the first time we enjoyed our time at Universal quite a bit more. There seemed to be more people working at Universal, The Express Passes, Not having to rely on any transportation, they also upgraded our room at Hard Rock and it was ready when we arrived. Universal seemed more ready for the higher capacities with the parades, character meet and greets and shows(we enjoyed the Bourne Stunt show).
  • Walking to Hollywood Studios was the best. We beat all other transportation and it really helped there.
  • Cast Members were hit and miss for the first time I can remember. I have OCD so this bothered me more than it probably should have. Most people would have probably blown it off.
  • If this would have been our first time to Disney, we probably wouldn't come back. The lines that seemed never ending (Although they did move fast) and there was so much that wasn't open entertainment wise. We knew that going into our trip, but it really stood out once we got there. If we wouldn't have had a good plan (arriving early, taking a break in the afternoon) we probably would have been miserable in some of the lines. We were big utilizers of Fastpass+ system in the past and never waited more than about 20 - 30 minutes for anything. The waiting and lack of Disney shows and characters made it feel like Six Flags at times.
  • I will bold this one. Use touring plans for your wait times. They were very accurate and much more so than the ones Disney posted.
  • At the end of the day, it wasn't as good as past trips but it was still Disney. And after 2020 (And who knows what other COVID things lie in the future), it was all in all a great trip. I am glad though we ended at Universal though instead of starting there.

Walking to Hollywood Studios was the best. We beat all other transportation and it really helped there.
  • If this would have been our first time to Disney, we probably wouldn't come back. The lines that seemed never ending (Although they did move fast) and there was so much that wasn't open entertainment wise. We knew that going into our trip, but it really stood out once we got there. If we wouldn't have had a good plan (arriving early, taking a break in the afternoon) we probably would have been miserable in some of the lines. We were big utilizers of Fastpass+ system in the past and never waited more than about 20 - 30 minutes for anything.
  • At the end of the day, it wasn't as good as past trips but it was still Disney. And after 2020 (And who knows what other COVID things lie in the future), it was all in all a great trip.

I agree, there is nothing better than walking to a park! You pick when you leave and how fast you go, and no risk or a breakdown, long line, etc….

I could not agree with your middle comment above more, I could have written it. Yes, without fast pass the lines do move so much faster, and yes, overall things are better for the collective “everyone” without fp. But for my family, we much prefer knowing we have 3 rides with no line and then rolling the FPs after that. I can’t remember the last time we waited in a line longer than 15-20 Min before our recent trip. On our trip a couple of weeks ago we had to wait at least 30-60 for any big ride that we didn’t do first thing at rope drop. When you say that on the internet you get beat up by people saying those are great wait times for summer, and what do you expect! Well, quite frankly, they are good sb wait times but we never did that before so it’s all wasted time we never did in the past. I’m curious to see how this is all going to shake out in the long run. If it stays the same, with no fp amd no EMM, DAH, etc we will have to really adjust.

I also agree with your last statement, despite it all it was Disney and was fun. I do wish I could have let go of my expectations easier and admitted that things were just more different
than I had expected, and gone with the flow more instead of trying for what I was used to in the past.

Hello, Dear Friends
(and new members to this thread who I have not had a chance to :welcome: officially, and to whom I apologize for the upcoming, gut-wrenching post),

I am just starting to swim towards the surface following the absolutely tragic loss of my husband Mark 2 weeks ago. We had been together as best friends for 40 years starting when we were high school sweethearts, and our 35th anniversary just passed. He was truly an extraordinary man. That certainly comes from a place of bias, but has been backed up by the incredible tributes from friends and especially a number of colleagues who have honestly shared that my husband was THE greatest influence on their careers, he taught them more than any other manager/programmer (about coding and life) and literally changed one intern's life.

Mark had just retired 3 months ago, and as a result of his hard work for so many years, and our excellent planning, we had the ability to do practically anything we wanted, to go to all the places we had never been and maybe go back to a few others that we loved.

To say that my sons Nate and Ben and I are devastated is an understatement. This is not okay, not by any stretch of the imagination. But they will be okay. I will be okay. We are all going to keep busy, because that is how we get through this. That is what Mark wants- not for us to crawl into a ball under the bed covers. I have a HUGE amount of support from my friends and community and that helps a lot.

I want to thank all of you who have posted messages or reached out to me. Thank you to @luvpoohandcompany for keeping you informed.

I'll be back trying to run the show soon. Not exactly sure when, but I won't be able to catch up on past posts so the Be Our Guest list will have some empty space for awhile. When I am ready, I'll ask for you to repost the dates of any future trips. I'll update Page 1 with current news and changes.

Speaking of trips. To bring this slightly on topic.

In a horrifically unbelievably case of coincidence, my best friend Linda lost her husband John, also 56, suddenly two weeks before Mark passed. I had been supporting her through the loss and now we are supporting each other. John and Linda, Mark and I all love Disney. Linda and I were roommates on our sons' 8th grade class trip in 2015. John was Puumba to my Timon when we performed Hakuna Matata in front of 600 middle school students (and stunned Linda with the surprise).

I am taking Linda on a trip to WDW in August. She is a school secretary so this is good timing for her. My boys will both be gone from home so it will be good for me to be away. We are going to laugh and cry and drink. Not necessarily in that order. We are not sure that this is a good idea or not, but we are going to do it. Mark and John would both support this trip 100%.

We will be having dinner with Teena, the former long-time Beach Club lobby greeter and a CM friend Lauren for dinner one night. Teena also lost her husband suddenly in 2015, while my group of DIS friends were on a trip visiting her.

Linda and I will have 2 nights at Caribbean Beach and one night at the Poly, where we will watch the fireworks from the beach.

Thanks, again, for all of the love, prayer and positive energy you have been sending to my friends and family.

As a famous Mouse once said "See You Real Soon!"

Dee (natebenma)

:grouphug:

PS- if you want to send me an email, you can write to beachclubdee at yahoo. I forgot that I had that way to communicate with any of you who want to.

Last edited:
Hello, Dear Friends
(and new members to this thread who I have not had a chance to :welcome: officially, and to whom I apologize for the upcoming, gut-wrenching post),

I am just starting to swim towards the surface following the absolutely tragic loss of my husband Mark 2 weeks ago. We had been together as best friends for 40 years starting when we were high school sweethearts, and our 35th anniversary just passed. He was truly an extraordinary man. That certainly comes from a place of bias, but has been backed up by the incredible tributes from friends and especially a number of colleagues who have honestly shared that my husband was THE greatest influence on their careers, he taught them more than any other manager/programmer (about coding and life) and literally changed one intern's life.

Mark had just retired 3 months ago, and as a result of his hard work for so many years, and our excellent planning, we had the ability to do practically anything we wanted, to go to all the places we had never been and maybe go back to a few others that we loved.

To say that my sons Nate and Ben and I are devastated is an understatement. This is not okay, not by any stretch of the imagination. But they will be okay. I will be okay. We are all going to keep busy, because that is how we get through this. That is what Mark wants- not for us to crawl into a ball under the bed covers.

I want to thank all of you who have posted messages or reached out to me. Thank you to @luvspoohandcompany for keeping you informed.

I'll be back trying to run the show soon. Not exactly sure when, but I won't be able to catch up on past posts so the Be Our Guest list will have some empty space for awhile. When I am ready, I'll ask for you to repost the dates of any future trips. I'll update Page 1 with current news and changes.

Speaking of trips. To bring this slightly on topic.

In a horrifically unbelievably case of coincidence, my best friend Linda lost her husband John, also 56, suddenly two weeks before Mark passed. I had been supporting her through the loss and now we are supporting each other. John and Linda, Mark and I all love Disney. Linda and I were roommates on our sons' 8th grade class trip in 2015. John was Puumba to my Timon when we performed Hakuna Matata in front of 600 middle school students (and stunned Linda with the surprise).

I am taking Linda on a trip to WDW in August. She is a school secretary so this is good timing for her. My boys will both be gone from home so it will be good for me to be away. We are going to laugh and cry and drink. Not necessarily in that order. We are not sure that this is a good idea or not, but we are going to do it. Mark and John would both support this trip 100%.

We will be having dinner with Teena, the former long-time Beach Club lobby greeter and a CM friend Lauren for dinner one night. Teena also lost her husband suddenly in 2015, while my group of DIS friends were on a trip visiting her.

Linda and I will have 2 nights at Caribbean Beach and one night at the Poly, where we will watch the fireworks from the beach.

Thanks, again, for all of the love, prayer and positive energy you have been sending to my friends and family.

As a famous Mouse once said "See You Real Soon!"

Dee (natebenma)

:grouphug:
Nice to see you on Dee! I hope you guys have an amazing trip and enjoy each other’s company! I’m so sorry for your families loss, your husband sounds like he was an incredible man. Looking forward to when you feel ready to return to your wonderful thread here :) you’ve been missed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter