Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Can anyone there now tell me if they are selling cases of water at the Marketplace? I saw on page one of this thread that you can buy 8 12 oz. bottles of water for $4.49 but that information is from July, 2018. I’m back and forth between getting water delivered and just buying some at the Marketplace. We only need water so I’m not sure if I want to go the delivery route.

Don't forget there is Speedway within walking distance. If you want to avoid trying to really go anywhere.

Hi, I’m starting to collect the items to mail to ourselves (so the suitcases are not so full). BUT I thought I had read that the BC (not BCV) used those coffee pods (flat tea bags for coffee?). Are all the rooms now using Keurig? That would be fabulous. I almost bought pods today. Just need a confirmation, please. September 5th -12th is coming up fast! Thanks
They used to use the flat coffee bags, but removed those machines awhile ago. The resort rooms now have the Keurig type machines using K-cups. :)

We arrived yesterday for a one night stay at BC. The plan was to visit Epcot, swim and then return to the park. We waited and waited for a room ready text but by 4:00 we still hadn’t received it (and no notification on MDE) so we changed into swim suits at the poolside restrooms. Finally received a text that one of our rooms was ready at 5:45. Hauled two families’ luggage into that one room and then grabbed a bite to eat at the Marketplace. It was almost 6:45 before the second room was ready. I have never waited that long for a room at Disney!

There were people at the front desk yelling at the cast members about not having a room to shower in and get ready for dinner. When we returned from Epcot after the fireworks I went to the front desk to pay down our room balance. There was a man berating a cast member saying there was nothing he liked about this place and that he would never return.

My key takeaway is that the BC location is as wonderful as ever (as is SAB) and that the cast members are doing an excellent job in some very stressful situations right now. My heart really goes out to them.

My key takeaway is that the BC location is as wonderful as ever (as is SAB) and that the cast members are doing an excellent job in some very stressful situations right now. My heart really goes out to them.
I wish more people were like this and understood. Be nice to the people showing up for work at Disney and everywhere right now. Many people are still choosing not to and everywhere is understaffed. Be nice and try to be patient, people are doing their best. I’m not even sure what those people expect, front desk CMs don’t clean rooms and can’t do anything to get your room ready faster ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wish more people were like this and understood. Be nice to the people showing up for work at Disney and everywhere right now. Many people are still choosing not to and everywhere is understaffed. Be nice and try to be patient, people are doing their best. I’m not even sure what those people expect, front desk CMs don’t clean rooms and can’t do anything to get your room ready faster ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I would like to add that there are many reasons rooms are not ready yet , the number 1 reason is that people do not check out Until 11 am nothing will be done with with the room . So as guest we an all help the process by calling the front desk or stop by the front desk and telling them you are out of the room .
They are way under staffed and many of the cast members you encountered on your most recent stay this resort is not their home resort . All of the issues are way beyond their control . Yelling or screaming and threatening not to stay at this resort again make you look childish , put yourself on the other side of this situation how would you respond . I have many CMs that are friends they all need our help and support to make things easier for all !

I’ll be staying at YC for the first time as the second half of a split stay. I was planning on a pool day on switch day, but the reports of long waits for rooms has me rethinking that. I wanted a pool day, so we would have to rush out of Pop to make rope drop at a park with the added stress of packing and luggage transfer. I would hate to be stick without a room until 6pm without a room to shower in. That said, I certainly wouldn’t be screaming at CMs about it.

I’ll be staying at YC for the first time as the second half of a split stay. I was planning on a pool day on switch day, but the reports of long waits for rooms has me rethinking that. I wanted a pool day, so we would have to rush out of Pop to make rope drop at a park with the added stress of packing and luggage transfer. I would hate to be stick without a room until 6pm without a room to shower in. That said, I certainly wouldn’t be screaming at CMs about it.

The shower room at SAB is nice and clean!! It has all the toiletry and towels. In case your room is not ready early enough, you can always use the shower room. I have used that shower room three times during my week-long stay so all of my family members could get ready for our dinner reservation at once.

I thought I’d stop in and share a little about our experience at BC thus far. We’ve been here since Wednesday after staying at Pop since Saturday. The resort is clean—we haven’t seen any trash bags left outside of room doors and we often see CMs circling and emptying common trash receptacles. On Tuesday we were in our room when a CM stopped for a room inspection. He was thorough. He asked if we experienced any water leaks and if lights, patio door, and alarm were working. I told him I hadn’t tested the smoke alarm. Lol. We received housekeeping yesterday—towels and toiletries replaced and trash emptied. They did not make the beds; whereas, at Pop our beds were made.
Not many guests seem to put away their towels when leaving Stormalong, but we managed to find chairs fairly easily both times we visited. The line for Hurricane is painful.

Are you staying on the DVC side? If so, they don't do a full cleaning service. They only do trash daily and trash and towel & toiletries on day 4.

CMs are the most valuable asset to WDW. All the CMs whom my family met during the trip were working so hard and delivered services beyond my expectation. I am also a firm believer that if I am kind and nice to others then I would be treated with the same manner in return.

The shower room at SAB is nice and clean!! It has all the toiletry and towels. In case your room is not ready early enough, you can always use the shower room. I have used that shower room three times during my week-long stay so all of my family members could get ready for our dinner reservation at once.
I’ll second this. The shower room was fantastic and the A/C felt great. It was unfortunate that our room was not ready but we were just happy to have somewhere to change for the pool.

CMs are the most valuable asset to WDW. All the CMs whom my family met during the trip were working so hard and delivered services beyond my expectation. I am also a firm believer that if I am kind and nice to others then I would be treated with the same manner in return.
Couldn’t agree more with that statement! We love the CMs and do our best to make sure they know we appreciate them whenever possible. They are the ones who make the magic after all :)
I work with the public and can tell you for sure not everyone will treat you nicely just because you’re nice to them, but those are the ones that show me they aren’t worth the time and effort and I smile and move on to the next person. Have had a couple of not so friendly CMs even, looking at you lady at the animal kingdom gate that refused to believe I had active passes no matter how nicely I explained to her I had already scanned into the park and only stepped out the gate 2 feet to get friends. But I just said ok and went to talk to the next CM. You never know what has happened in that persons day to make them respond in that way, always easier to just move on than let it ruin your day. To keep on topic with the thread we found all the CMs at yacht and beach to be fantastic in April.

Hi, could anyone confirm where I can get a gallon of distilled water at Yacht Club?

You can get distilled water at either the Yacht Market or the Beach Marketplace. If a cast member says they don't sell it, ask them to check with someone else. Because they do sell it, it is kept in the back.

I have a quick question. I apologize if it has been asked approximately a million times before. Does Beach Club offer the Mickey tie-dye shirt activity that you can do at some other resorts?

I have a quick question. I apologize if it has been asked approximately a million times before. Does Beach Club offer the Mickey tie-dye shirt activity that you can do at some other resorts?

Yep, we just did it last week. Currently they are doing it in that little hut on the beach across from Hurricane Hannah’s - where they used to have jewelry/hair wraps (or at least I think that’s what used to be there).

Kind of funny, I was going through my room charges yesterday and the charge showed up as “YB Sand Castle Club Baby Sitting Services”! Lol.

(Side note, never apologize for asking a question no matter how simple or how many times it has been asked, that’s why these boards exist and most people are always happy to help)

This is accurate as of July, but they’ve been posting the current activities schedule in the lobby with days/times.
1C8C5DED-806E-4D4B-B107-2E8D00857FC6.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, we just did it last week. Currently they are doing it in that little hut on the beach across from Hurricane Hannah’s - where they used to have jewelry/hair wraps (or at least I think that’s what used to be there).

Kind of funny, I was going through my room charges yesterday and the charge showed up as “YB Sand Castle Club Baby Sitting Services”! Lol.

(Side note, never apologize for asking a question no matter how simple or how many times it has been asked, that’s why these boards exist and most people are always happy to help)

This is accurate as of July, but they’ve been posting the current activities schedule in the lobby with days/times.
View attachment 592236
Thanks so much!

Those people just want a punching bag. Pandemic era CS has just been like this everywhere, not just at Disney. I train CS phone agents for NYC govt and morale across the board has been low because customers are angry/frustrated/whatever even more than usual and feel powerless and so want to take that out on someone. Then add to that your typical Disney guest “I paid so much to be here” entitlement and it's even worse. People are absolutely making it worse with their crappy attitudes. Then they wonder why Disney (and everywhere else tbh) is having such a hard time staffing back up.

Hi - I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered but we haven't been to WDW in a while. Is CL open at either BC or YC? If not, any idea when it will open?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts