Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was at YC the 17-19th. The digital screen was working when we were there. You know you can also check bus info in the my resort section of MDE?

Unfortunately the morning bus chaos has always happened at deluxe resorts. We have stayed at Y & B for over 20 years. Having CMs there at opening has always been inconsistent. And even when there is a CM, they never really controlled the line or kept track of who gets on first. Unfortunately you do have to be assertive to get yourself on the bus.
It was at 3 p.m.! Not even morning chaos! And no the boards were not working the entire time we were there. they were at other resorts when we resort hopped.

Also on our trip this week (not sure if i mentioned it before), the mde app says the yc marketplace closes at ten but when we got there the cm there said it's eleven p.m.

Page 1865-1866

I checked a dozen pages back for recent reviews but what’s the latest with wait times for SAB?

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip?

:goodvibes:

A decent amount but I was still not far from the front of the line.

For a report…I wish it was happier. I fly home tonight and rope dropped HS, but started later than I would have liked because of issues. I had no DME info on my door or in the room when I returned from Epcot last night and I was way too tired to make the 5 mile trek back to the front desk so I had to make an extra stop this morning for that. Really cost me time and I didn’t get to HS until nearly 8 and was way back in the security line. I was still able to walk on to RNRC and ToT was maybe a 10 minute wait.

In general YC is nice but I had a lot of little issues with my stay. I was in room 3027 and I did appreciate the Happy Birthday note left on my bed when I got in and the room view was incredible, but so many practical little problems…I had to ask for a room occupied sign as one was not in the room. The shower was awful with the lack of shelving and not having a bathtub was honestly a dealbreaker for me. SAB was just too crowded to enjoy whenever I attempted it too. I never actually got there. I think I’m just a quiet pool person at the end of the day, so that place is a bit lost on me.

Yesterday was a comedy of errors. In the AM I had to go all the way to the lobby to fix an issue with my credit card not carrying over to my continuing reservation, then went back to my room to discover my magic baby suddenly stopped working and the app had signed me out and wouldn’t let me back in, then when I managed it I couldn’t use the unlock door feature because it said I had no room number. I was back and forth to the lobby three times trying to get that sorted. Turned out the battery on the door scanner was dead. After all this drama I barely had time to scarf down cereal before my BG was called.

Trying to get back from HS yesterday during the torrential thunderstorm was an experience too. I don’t blame the CMs for turning the boat back around but the wait for a bus was terrible. Tried to keep a positive attitude but I was exhausted and loaded down with stuff to ship home. Bus after bus for RIV and nothing for Crescent Lake resorts. Not having room service that night was really bad too, when everyone was stuck inside…A&C to Go time slots filled up so fast you were basically SOL. The app glitched on me while I was trying to order and I lost my slot, the next time was not until 8:50pm. Luckily the rain subsided considerably so I just went into Epcot for dinner but it was rough.

It was fantastic being so close to HS with the lines there being as bad as they are and the surprise fireworks were amazing but it was such a 180 here from my experience at GF earlier in the week. I would still stay here in the future but I don’t think until Epcot is back to some semblance of normalcy.

Like everyone else, I would like to sincerely thank you for all of the live reports, answering questions during your trip and for detailed info like this review. I'm sorry to hear about all of the issues and glitches, but glad to hear that it won't keep you away forever. Hope to see you (and your gf) on a future BOG list.

:thanks:

Just got back after a week there and some observations and answers to some of the questions:

- had a great time back at BCV...our home DVC resort
- SAB was busy but never saw or encountered a single line to get in and always could find a spot. Maybe it wasn’t the “perfect” spot but there were always chairs and usually in the area we wanted them with our preferred mix of shade and sun
- HH‘s is fine but still a shadow of its former self. Really need to open the grill side plus the self-service drink machine, add back the tables/chairs near HH to eat that have been removed, plus open the HH bar for people to sit at (come on, I mean we can safely sit at the Wave around the bar but not outside at HH‘s???). The wait staff working the pool area were very busy and doing their best to take and deliver food orders but moving a good chunk of this volume to the grill would help them significantly plus not make it so long to get service
- SAB showers next to the “main” SAB bathrooms are still closed
- gardens and flowers are beautiful...resort is super clean and fresh
- when your need a meal and don’t have a reservation, consider Ale and Compass Lounge (If you can’t get A&C Waitlist). They serve the full A&C menu (just ask), the atmosphere is great, and food really good. It was a godsend during the downpour last night that caught many who commented earlier that prevented our plans to hit the Epcot food kiosks.
- we also had a great late breakfast at the A&C restaurant on our pool day. We initially had Cape May reservations but switched as everyone decided we would go with quality over quantity. :)
- with this said, I frowned heavily every time we walked past the closed Crews cup. Just really missed that place as a lounge for both food or a drink
- never actually saw the ice cream spot open at the BW....can we have the B&C window back???
- this is a question I posted a while back, but no Longboard on draft at HH. They said that is Poly-only now but they did have it in bottles. Draft selection was often very limited in fact and sometimes was just 1 selection ( bud light)
- our experience was International gateway yesterday opened at 10:17 letting us through
- didn’t see the yoga in the activity board but can’t say with certainty that it’s not back

overall the family (me, my wife plus 4 teens aged 15-20) loved our time at the resort.

Thank you for the detailed review and information about your stay. So glad you had a great trip!

:dogdance:

My family of 5( me, dh, 2 teens, and 3 year old) is staying at the Yacht Club in July and when I originally booked I didn't add any requests because I just assumed all the rooms had daybeds. Now I'm over thinking. Should I brave the long hold waits to request 2 queens and a daybed? Or is this unnecessary? If the room is booked for 5, will we be automatically assigned enough beds?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As WoodNymph indicates, you need to be assigned to a room that has enough sleeping surfaces for everyone on your reservation. A child under 3 might not be factored into that determination, but over 3 should be considered.

You should receive a room that has a daybed, but if you don't have any other requests, it wouldn't hurt to indicate that a room with a daybed is needed for your family.

::yes::

Also interested!

:welcome: to this thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

:thumbsup2

Is there any word or hint on when HH at SAB will open back up? Do they serve drinks at the pool or at that bar in any capacity at the moment?

We will be at BCV by end of July.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Am I correct that there is no opening date for club/concerierge level at the Beach Club Resort? We have a fall 21 stay and trying to keep tabs on it.

Just back from a week at Yacht Club-first thing I did was order the Magic candle Yacht candle! That lobby smelled amazing! We asked for extra coffee, towels, and toilet paper after our first night by calling housekeeping. I have run out of all at some point and NEVER AGAIN! We left a generous tip and were left generous amounts of coffee. towels, and toilet paper! It is true that garbage cans fill quickly and we saw it in the hallway. We had brought kitchen garbage bags from home and emptied our cans into those and left them by the cans in the room. We checked in Saturday, and it was picked up Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. No waits at SAB. We went one morning at 10 when it opened, two days at about 2, and two days late in the evening about 9. Lots of chairs, two waiters circling taking and filling orders. We loved Ale and Compass! Our room, 2088, overlooked the quiet pool. They had fireworks at Epcot three nights beginning about midnight. I heard them faintly, but was too tired to get up to go see them! They left messages on our phone telling us about this.

Reporting from the tragic express after an amazing week at the BC, pool showers were open, self serve water in both lobbies, Pluto & goofy were in bc lobby when we left, such a nice surprise to end our trip with. All CMs we encountered were excellent, mousekeeping checked on us almost daily to see if we needed anything. The one day we found we were out of coffee & shampoo we called down and it was delivered within 20min. We were there from Friday 6/18-Saturday 6/26 and the crowds at both the resort/pool/parks seemed to increase daily. Happy to answer any questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!