Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Dee, what is the Be Our Guest list I saw referenced here? And to ask a stupid question, who are you? Coming down to BCV in November 12-18 FINALLY!! I am stir crazy at this point.

Everyone else - Any news on BCV renovations - wish they would bring back the jacuzzis.

I'm not Dee, but the Be Our Guest list is a list which Dee compiles of when people on this thread will be staying at YC/BC/BCV. There is no official purpose. It's just for fun.

I think BCV was refurbished in 2016 or 2017. I believe at the 2020 DVC Condo Association Meeting, it was announced that there would be a "minor refresh" at BCV in 2022. I doubt that would be major enough to bring back the jacuzzis.

Dee, what is the Be Our Guest list I saw referenced here? And to ask a stupid question, who are you?

As @BestAunt said, the Be Our Guest list is just a list of when people will be at Y& B. Folks like to know who else will be there when they are. Some have arranged meet ups & like getting to know other Dissers. And Dee is a simply amazing woman who has run this thread for years. She’s worked hard to make it the best organized & most up to date resort thread on the Disboards. If you haven’t done it already, check out the first page of the thread. All the posts & information are kept up to date in real time & it is all Dee. THANKS DEE!!

Dee, what is the Be Our Guest list I saw referenced here? And to ask a stupid question, who are you? Coming down to BCV in November 12-18 FINALLY!! I am stir crazy at this point.

Everyone else - Any news on BCV renovations - wish they would bring back the jacuzzis.

:wave2:

:welcome:

I guess the best way to describe me is that I am the ringmaster of the the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread circus.

Thanks to all of the folks who post here, IMHO we are one of most comprehensive resort threads on the DIS, and arguably, the friendliest. With very few exceptions, questions are answered quickly and courteously, so posters feel safe discussing resort and Disney info here.

I started managing this thread in 2010, after my second trip to the resort. I developed a close friendship with Teena, the long-time greeter at the Beach Club. Through this forum, many of us have made virtual and real-life friends, met at Disney or in person at other locations, and have even vacationed together.

That's probably more than you were looking for, but if you want overkill, Page 1, Post 17 (Community) and Post 18 (Historical Page) detail some of the past social history of the friendships and hijinks here.

As for the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15, Best Aunt described it well. Just for fun. I'll add your info!

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

Nice to meet ya!

Dee (natebenma) (BeachClubDee)

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Any idea on view? We’re booked garden. Only thing we care about is NOT having to walk the length of the hotel to get to lobby. If they upgraded to water view it may be okay. We had that happen once and had amazing view of entire resort area. It was a long walk though and for a week we didn’t like it. I may need to call and ask for something closer. Room x148 is over by admiral pool and dolphin but I couldn’t find x048.

I was in 3027 a few weeks ago which was water view and the view was the only good thing about that location. It was a nightmare getting to the lobby from that part of the resort, especially the morning I had to do it like 3 times because my magic band scanner on the door was busted and the front desk blamed my bands. And forget going to the Market for anything. After this and similar irritation at BC I learned my lesson, if I ever stay there again my only request is to be near the lobby and if I don’t get it I’m asking for another room. It really was that bad, except relatively quick access to the HS path thru the fire exit.

Found it on a map. Decisions…. Only requests were high floor and not far from elevator. Per usual, got neither. Sorry being negative. I spent the last week researching all the changes and trying to get excited.

It doesn't sound like this is the best room assignment for you. My suggestion is that you visit the front desk as soon as you arrive at the resort to discuss whether there are other rooms available that match your priorities.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out for you.

::yes::

Last edited:
Is the YC self-service laundry facility open since reopening?
The first week of June I saw people using both the laundry room over by the quiet pool and also the one that is on the first floor near the “secret” exit door out the boardwalk/boat dock area.

Last edited:
I was in 3027 a few weeks ago which was water view and the view was the only good thing about that location. It was a nightmare getting to the lobby from that part of the resort, especially the morning I had to do it like 3 times because my magic band scanner on the door was busted and the front desk blamed my bands. And forget going to the Market for anything. After this and similar irritation at BC I learned my lesson, if I ever stay there again my only request is to be near the lobby and if I don’t get it I’m asking for another room. It really was that bad, except relatively quick access to the HS path thru the fire exit.
We had a slightly similar experience to you, but maybe slightly less inconvenient location. We came to the conclusion that bc of the hassles at the YC, CL is really the way to go there.

We had a slightly similar experience to you, but maybe slightly less inconvenient location. We came to the conclusion that bc of the hassles at the YC, CL is really the way to go there.

Yeah, since I’m in the camp that almost always has MB issues on/off over the course of any stay at YC, I really missed the CL CMs on my YC trip last fall. I took for granted how convenient they were in those occasional instances where you need some help.

Now I’m nervous about our BC stay in April after hearing about these room location stories. We are used to the WL which, I think, is smaller in comparison. We have a standard room booked at BC.

:wave2:

:welcome:

I guess the best way to describe me is that I am the ringmaster of the the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread circus.

Thanks to all of the folks who post here, IMHO we are one of most comprehensive resort threads on the DIS, and arguably, the friendliest. With very few exceptions, questions are answered quickly and courteously, so posters feel safe discussing resort and Disney info here.

I started managing this thread in 2010, after my second trip to the resort. I developed a close friendship with Teena, the long-time greeter at the Beach Club. Through this forum, many of us have made virtual and real-life friends, met at Disney or in person at other locations, and have even vacationed together.

That's probably more than you were looking for, but if you want overkill, Page 1, Post 17 (Community) and Post 18 (Historical Page) detail some of the past social history of the friendships and hijinks here.

As for the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15, Best Aunt described it well. Just for fun. I'll add your info!

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

Nice to meet ya!

Dee (natebenma) (BeachClubDee)

:goodvibes
Haha now I get it. At first I thought you had some pull and could arrange reservations at Be Our Guest which I love to eat at for lunch.

Really great that you take the time to keep this thread up to date. I bought in to BCV in 2006 and until now had no idea the tread existed.

Your in Boston! My DS 25 is trying to move to Boston from Detroit to be around a younger crowd (his co workers are all about 55 and for fun they go bowling - he prefers movies, traveling and roller coasters) but he has a very specialized skillset in virtual reality, augmented reality and holographic software design which is more in Silicon Valley than Boston so its taking a while. He did intern at NASA during his senior year in the summer but found Florida too hot. Did get to see a lot of space shots from the control room and close to the launch area. I lived in Orlando and know it takes a year to climatize to the heat.

Anyway, thank you for all you do for the DVC community.

Now I’m nervous about our BC stay in April after hearing about these room location stories. We are used to the WL which, I think, is smaller in comparison. We have a standard room booked at BC.

I personally wouldn’t worry too much about it. A couple of recent posters above happened to have rooms at the very “end” of their resort. While you can certainly get rooms at either BC or YC at the furthest possible point from the lobby, most rooms are going to be closer.

To me, the long, winding hallways at YC and BC make things “feel” longer than they really are. In reality they are closer/fewer steps than something like, say, the furthest outer building at Poly or GF - although at those places you have the beauty of the grounds to enjoy during the walk, vs a plain long hallway.

WL is more compact for sure, but to me BC or YC isn’t all that much of a different experience in comparison, in my opinion.

I recall being concerned about the long hallway talk before first staying at YC/BC several years ago. Once there I understood why it gets discussed/what people mean, but it turned out to be less of a concern than I had in my head before going.

Still worth a “close to lobby” room request though, if inclined!

I'm considering booking a room at Yacht Club and I was most interested in the Water View Category but when reading the details on the Disney website it states, "views of Crescent Lake or quiet pool". I haven't stayed at Yacht Club in a very long time and I never really took notice of the quiet pool, but I don't recall it being anything particularly spectacular or scenic. Am I missing something? It's $120 extra per night for this view over standard view. I'm worried that if I book water view I'll get the quiet pool view and be really disappointed as compared to seeing the lake. Of course, there some pretty terrible standard view rooms at YC so surely it's better than those.

So not going to sugarcoat. Room is great BUT not for us at all. Almost last room on the longer side of YC. We’ve been in last room (or close) numerous times on the ‘short’ SAB side of YC and barely tolerated it. My DS (young 7) complains the entire length. First trip sans stroller and he is NOT happy. We usually stay CL and any room on 5 doesn’t have this issue.

ME took forever. We were the 5th stop last night after pop Caribbean Rivera boardwalk and finally, lastly us. took over an hour and didn’t get in until after midnight. We were so tired we refused to mess with room situation. Thought about it this am but DH doesn’t want to be that person

on positive with ME gone next year even after waiting for and locating your uber, it will be faster than that.

highly recommend blueberry lemonade at Hannah’s. Not too sweet at all. Mobile order breakfast at al and compass was easy and quick as well. Pool busy but seems to be no issue for people to find a spot. We do wish more SAB access points were open. Already miss crews cup. Hurricane Hannah’s still limited operations.

I personally wouldn’t worry too much about it. A couple of recent posters above happened to have rooms at the very “end” of their resort. While you can certainly get rooms at either BC or YC at the furthest possible point from the lobby, most rooms are going to be closer.

To me, the long, winding hallways at YC and BC make things “feel” longer than they really are. In reality they are closer/fewer steps than something like, say, the furthest outer building at Poly or GF - although at those places you have the beauty of the grounds to enjoy during the walk, vs a plain long hallway.

WL is more compact for sure, but to me BC or YC isn’t all that much of a different experience in comparison, in my opinion.

I recall being concerned about the long hallway talk before first staying at YC/BC several years ago. Once there I understood why it gets discussed/what people mean, but it turned out to be less of a concern than I had in my head before going.

Still worth a “close to lobby” room request though, if inclined!

I was already thinking this. We’re spoiled with 5th floor stays but definitely better location than lots poly or GF buildings. Just not a good YC location. For years we usually got one of our two room requests. Lately none.

walked from room to BC marketplace and back to room all through hotel inside pathway. Then back to pool. 1.7 miles per Apple Watch. Seems off but never had issue with calibration before

Hi Dee- Can you add us to the BOG list?

When I can make reservations (July 30) I plan on making reservations for the YC water view for Dec 9-20, 2022! We haven't stayed at the YC since it was remodeled- we've been staying at the BC but want this time want a guaranteed balcony.

Can't wait to see all the new additions to the parks and celebrating 50 Years. We started going to Disney for the 15th year celebration and we have been back for every 5 years since (with a few extra visits in between).

When we started going YC & BC went there yet! My how times have changed.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Random hopefully quick question. What’s the cheapest delivery option to YC right now? We already went through one bottle of spray sunscreen. Will check shops but need mineral spray. Can I just get an Amazon or target delivery?

We checked out of YC this morning. We were in room 4147. Sorry, I didn’t get pictures but it looked out onto the side of the back exit, facing SAB & Epcot. It is handicap accessible with 2 queen beds & a daybed. I’m happy they have these rooms for those who need them, but it was not comfortable for us. If we were here for a week I would definitely have requested a room change. The toilet, sink & roll in shower are all in one big room. No shelves & very little counter space to keep toiletries on.

The beds were very low & the door was on a timer for controlled closing. You can’t close it any sooner either. There was no desk or table but there was a single desk chair. We did a take out from Ale Compass last night & ended up sitting in the first floor hallway at the tables outside the Market at Ale & Compass because there was no table for us to eat at in the room. The balcony door was a standard wide door, not a slider.

The roll in shower has a pull down seat. As I was showering the first night, I could see the area on the underside of the seat, where it connects to the support bars. That is absolutely gross & needs quite a bit of bleach or mold killer. I feel bad for anyone who actually needs to use that seat. The shower head is very close to the wall & the hand held sprayer didn’t even reach high enough for me to use. And I’m only 5’2. So the shower situation was one of the biggest drawbacks for us. Nowhere near the shower to put your towel except the sink.

As for comfort, I don’t know if it’s just me, but in April & this trip I noticed the mattresses seem very soft & sink considerably when I sat. And I’m not any heavier than I was a few years ago either. :rolleyes: I used to like the mattresses but they might need to be replaced soon. The closet area has no doors & less shelving than a regular room.

On a positive note, the room is only steps from the main elevators. I think it was the 3rd room down. And the view is very nice for a garden view. I had a good view of the firework testing that happened Thursday night.

We didn’t get housekeeping since we were only there 2 nights. Room wasn’t ready til 5:30 that first day. Only used the bus to MK Thursday around 8. The plexiglass is gone with all seats filled & standing allowed. So back to normal. Used the Skyliner & walked to Studios.

SAB looked to be at full capacity, saw no entry lines or distancing of chairs. Planned to go there yesterday but I just didn’t feel like dealing with the crowds. And it stayed busy pretty much until 10pm.

The parks were moderately busy. Headliners at Studios had posted waits of 45 - 70 minutes. Most MK rides were 25 or more by mid morning. And Epcot is difficult to navigate with the construction, so even tho the wait times aren’t always bad, it’s just tiring getting around.

We ate at LeCellier & Be Our Guest. Both so good. But man, LeCellier prices are crazy. Over $180 for 2 of us. We ordered steaks, salad appetizers & soft drinks. I wouldn’t even want to know what it would cost if we had alcohol.

Oh, and it was HOT & humid. We’re in our mid 60’s & probably need to start skipping the summer months. Too exhausting. But we’re still glad we came & still planning to be back again in September.

We checked out of YC this morning. We were in room 4147. Sorry, I didn’t get pictures but it looked out onto the side of the back exit, facing SAB & Epcot. It is handicap accessible with 2 queen beds & a daybed. I’m happy they have these rooms for those who need them, but it was not comfortable for us. If we were here for a week I would definitely have requested a room change. The toilet, sink & roll in shower are all in one big room. No shelves & very little counter space to keep toiletries on.

The beds were very low & the door was on a timer for controlled closing. You can’t close it any sooner either. There was no desk or table but there was a single desk chair. We did a take out from Ale Compass last night & ended up sitting in the first floor hallway at the tables outside the Market at Ale & Compass because there was no table for us to eat at in the room. The balcony door was a standard wide door, not a slider.

The roll in shower has a pull down seat. As I was showering the first night, I could see the area on the underside of the seat, where it connects to the support bars. That is absolutely gross & needs quite a bit of bleach or mold killer. I feel bad for anyone who actually needs to use that seat. The shower head is very close to the wall & the hand held sprayer didn’t even reach high enough for me to use. And I’m only 5’2. So the shower situation was one of the biggest drawbacks for us. Nowhere near the shower to put your towel except the sink.

As for comfort, I don’t know if it’s just me, but in April & this trip I noticed the mattresses seem very soft & sink considerably when I sat. And I’m not any heavier than I was a few years ago either. :rolleyes: I used to like the mattresses but they might need to be replaced soon. The closet area has no doors & less shelving than a regular room.

On a positive note, the room is only steps from the main elevators. I think it was the 3rd room down. And the view is very nice for a garden view. I had a good view of the firework testing that happened Thursday night.

We didn’t get housekeeping since we were only there 2 nights. Room wasn’t ready til 5:30 that first day. Only used the bus to MK Thursday around 8. The plexiglass is gone with all seats filled & standing allowed. So back to normal. Used the Skyliner & walked to Studios.

SAB looked to be at full capacity, saw no entry lines or distancing of chairs. Planned to go there yesterday but I just didn’t feel like dealing with the crowds. And it stayed busy pretty much until 10pm.

The parks were moderately busy. Headliners at Studios had posted waits of 45 - 70 minutes. Most MK rides were 25 or more by mid morning. And Epcot is difficult to navigate with the construction, so even tho the wait times aren’t always bad, it’s just tiring getting around.

We ate at LeCellier & Be Our Guest. Both so good. But man, LeCellier prices are crazy. Over $180 for 2 of us. We ordered steaks, salad appetizers & soft drinks. I wouldn’t even want to know what it would cost if we had alcohol.

Oh, and it was HOT & humid. We’re in our mid 60’s & probably need to start skipping the summer months. Too exhausting. But we’re still glad we came & still planning to be back again in September.
Sorry that you have an uncomfortable room considering the prices are still so high for less services and “Disney magic”. Every time I’m asked, I won’t go back to Disney until they are 100 percent up and running. I can’t justify paying premium prices for less services. I have spoiled myself by staying to club level for the past 5 years or so, so my expectations are high especially at BC/YC. It’s killing me but I will wait. Thanks for sharing. It does confirm what I see and hear about the experiences others are having

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter