Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'd go with the Yacht Club because 2 real beds for the adults is better than a king/sofa bed. The sleeper sofas that Disney uses are getting "better" but they still are not on par with the real beds, especially in the Beach Club Villas. The little will love the sofa bed in the Yacht Club, so no problems there. Just remember to extract the little one before you fold the sofa back.

Although leaving little ones in the sofa makes touring so much easier, the housekeepers tend to be surprised when they open up the sofa and find the little one in there.

~Ninja Mom

LOL! Thank you. I will make sure I remove the kids from the sofa. lol

Can someone help me find where I can buy the pool floats used in the lazy river and post the link? The ones that sit down in the water with arms (not the round tubes). I would love it for the river! I can't find the one like they have at Disney. Similar, but not quite right! Thanks in advance!

Somebody posted about this before. I don't think it was in this thread. Maybe its own thread on the Budget board?

Can someone help me find where I can buy the pool floats used in the lazy river and post the link? The ones that sit down in the water with arms (not the round tubes). I would love it for the river! I can't find the one like they have at Disney. Similar, but not quite right! Thanks in advance!
It sure if the quality is as good, but I found them at Walmart and target recently. They were priced around $5-7 each.

Just finished 8 night stay at YC. Fireworks definitely booming at 12:44 am…lol I watched for awhile it was very clear out. While I would have preferred clean sheets at least once, it seemed like they cleaned every other day and really did a great job. The bus situation is different. When bus is pulling up it does not say where it is going. So AK and MK people collide. At the beginning of the stay it was nerve racking whether or not we would get on first bus even though I was there at 6:30. Now with standing and masks on bus it was better because there was a lot of people. MK comes at 6:45 on both early entries other buses were there and through security but I still navigated a good spot in tapstile. We did not make line up for AK bus came at 7:58 (this was the first bus I was waiting since 6:30) by the time we got there cars buses everything was through and I proceeded skeptically to FOP and it was about 10 min wait. Which was nice. SAB was great and no problem getting tubes or seats. Great location for sure!

Just finished 8 night stay at YC. Fireworks definitely booming at 12:44 am…lol I watched for awhile it was very clear out. While I would have preferred clean sheets at least once, it seemed like they cleaned every other day and really did a great job. The bus situation is different. When bus is pulling up it does not say where it is going. So AK and MK people collide. At the beginning of the stay it was nerve racking whether or not we would get on first bus even though I was there at 6:30. Now with standing and masks on bus it was better because there was a lot of people. MK comes at 6:45 on both early entries other buses were there and through security but I still navigated a good spot in tapstile. We did not make line up for AK bus came at 7:58 (this was the first bus I was waiting since 6:30) by the time we got there cars buses everything was through and I proceeded skeptically to FOP and it was about 10 min wait. Which was nice. SAB was great and no problem getting tubes or seats. Great location for sure!
Thank you for the quick review. It's honest reviews like this that allow others to make decisions about whether the time is right to travel to WDW.
For us, it's clearly not time yet. While there are only 2 of us, we enjoy a clean room every day so until Housekeeping is back on a daily basis, we're not ready. The bus situation appears to be a bit scattered and our favorite restaurants and experiences still aren't available. Who else misses sitting at Hurrican Hannahs bar with a cold one? Hopefully things will get back to normal sooner v.s. later but until then, I'm vacationing vicariously through these reviews:).

We are doing the same thing. Waiting until November to go. By that time, everything should be back to normal. We were originally going to go this Summer but didn't feel the timing was good. Thanks to everyone here for the reviews and the information.

Yes but that is awful late to be doing testing.

Fireworks testing, not scheduled shows. It's been going on for awhile.

Several years ago, I was staying at one of the EP resorts and awakened by very loud fireworks coming from EPCOT, being shot off close to midnight. The next morning, I asked a CM at the front desk what that was, and the response was Moonlight Magic - the after-hours event for DVC members. There was no warning to the resort guests, most of whom, I'm sure, were sound asleep.

Anyone know where YC room x028 is located. I’ve been looking at the room layouts and cannot find it anywhere. Really worried it’s far from everything! TIA

Several years ago, I was staying at one of the EP resorts and awakened by very loud fireworks coming from EPCOT, being shot off close to midnight. The next morning, I asked a CM at the front desk what that was, and the response was Moonlight Magic - the after-hours event for DVC members. There was no warning to the resort guests, most of whom, I'm sure, were sound asleep.
We had fireworks testing the first week of June around midnight. Last about 15-20 minutes. We did have a good view, but it certainly wasn’t a great hour. I mentioned that to a front desk CM the next morning and got no more than a shrug and smile.

Anyone know where YC room x028 is located. I’ve been looking at the room layouts and cannot find it anywhere. Really worried it’s far from everything! TIA
That room location is in the wing that's closest to the Dolphin, but does have a somewhat close access to the path around Crescent Lake [down the hall, down the steps and out the door]. It is just about the furthest you can be from the lobby but in my opinion not really a bad walk. I assume you're checking in today and got your room assignment?
Regardless, have fun!

That room location is in the wing that's closest to the Dolphin, but does have a somewhat close access to the path around Crescent Lake [down the hall, down the steps and out the door]. It is just about the furthest you can be from the lobby but in my opinion not really a bad walk. I assume you're checking in today and got your room assignment?
Regardless, have fun!
Any idea on view? We’re booked garden. Only thing we care about is NOT having to walk the length of the hotel to get to lobby. If they upgraded to water view it may be okay. We had that happen once and had amazing view of entire resort area. It was a long walk though and for a week we didn’t like it. I may need to call and ask for something closer. Room x148 is over by admiral pool and dolphin but I couldn’t find x048.

Found it on a map. Decisions…. Only requests were high floor and not far from elevator. Per usual, got neither. Sorry being negative. I spent the last week researching all the changes and trying to get excited.

Hello Dee!
Could you please add us to Be Our Guest list. We’ll be at Beach Club 10/28-11/06/21 in Garden View room. Can’t wait!
Thank you!
Shelly

Dee, what is the Be Our Guest list I saw referenced here? And to ask a stupid question, who are you? Coming down to BCV in November 12-18 FINALLY!! I am stir crazy at this point.

Everyone else - Any news on BCV renovations - wish they would bring back the jacuzzis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter