Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Was jolted out of bed a few minutes ago by an absolutely massive fireworks display coming from the direction of Epcot. Idk if it was Harmonious testing or what but it was huge and I had a perfect view of it from my balcony. Nearly cried!!

A94601E9-64D2-4B4B-9160-FD6BFDF286AF.jpeg6D05C23D-BE3E-476D-8376-DE7E5493553D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Was jolted out of bed a few minutes ago by an absolutely massive fireworks display coming from the direction of Epcot. Idk if it was Harmonious testing or what but it was huge and I had a perfect view of it from my balcony. Nearly cried!!

Same thing happened to us. It certainly wasn’t testing one or two quick fireworks. It was about a 15 minute “show” with lots of big fireworks. Quite a treat—albeit a late one.

Wow, a full nearly 20 min fireworks show test at midnight with no notice to Epcot resort guests. Sorry y’all had to be startled out of bed, but wow - that seems an excellent sign that fireworks will be here soon.

For anyone looking for a video and more info:

FWIW, video just does not do those bursts justice imo. They were HUGE and very impressive...those who were disappointed by HEA’s emphasis on projections and not as much on the actual fireworks are in for a treat. This is going to be an incredible show.

FWIW, video just does not do those bursts justice imo. They were HUGE and very impressive...those who were disappointed by HEA’s emphasis on projections and not as much on the actual fireworks are in for a treat. This is going to be an incredible show.

If only you had known so you could have set up video from your excellently positioned room. You could be Disney blogger famous right now! :goodvibes

If only you had known so you could have set up video from your excellently positioned room. You could be Disney blogger famous right now! :goodvibes

Right?! :rotfl2:

I’m just floored at the luck I’ve had on this trip. Can’t believe I even got a full fireworks show from my room. Can’t call it perfect because the gf isn’t here with me, but it’s pretty damn close.

Anyone who has satiated lately (or currently), what time does the international gateway to Epcot actually open with the current 11 am opening time? How early do the ride actually start?

Page 1849-1852

Trying to get caught up here, but not having much luck. I'm on vacation for a week starting tomorrow, so not sure if I will be able to keep up with posts, but I will try.

Thanks to everyone pitching in to answer questions!!!

A friendly :welcome: to all of the people posting here for the first time (or what looks like the first time since the search feature is not going back very far in time)

omg - this is great news!!

On a completely different note . . . we just had to switch our BCV villa reservation to a BC water view. I will definitely need to do at least one load of laundry while we are there - I looked on the BC map - it looks like there are two laundry rooms near the Tidal pool (quiet pool closest to EP). Does anyone know if these laundry rooms are open? Thanks!

When is your trip?

Good to hear something going into that spot. We miss Ample Hills, the ice cream product there was so much better than Beaches and Cream in my opinion. And much more creative...

:welcome:

My daughter is said a couple weeks ago that one of her cm friends was recalled to work there. So I think it is legit.

Can you get the No Way Jose at the window? What about non ice cream food like fries?

I see in your signature that you have a trip in November. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

confirmed, there were employees walking around yesterday (5/15) obviously discussing the chair arrangements, and today 5/16 they were closer together (I’m guessing from added chairs), though the signs about not moving the chairs due to 6’ distancing were still place.

I happened to unknowingly take a photo this morning; not sure how easy it is to see.View attachment 575603

:welcome: and thanks for that observation!

Might as well sell it here if you can't sell it at sea!

We ordered No Way Jose sundaes from the take out window back in October 2020. Of course, that doesn't mean they will be on the new menu, but they were available at least when we were there.

Anyone have an update on SAB? Are there still lines to get in? Just wondering...........

Thanks for this information! We are going on Saturday so pretty imminent, but I know things are changing very quickly. We are actually thinking we will try to do uber to AK (knowing the surge pricing), but for MK bus seems easiest.

Sorry I didn't get to :welcome: you before your trip. Hope it was great!

We are staying at the BC for the very first time (June 19-23). Can anyone tell me if the daybed in the standard room is a regular length, as versus one of those short ones that are for little kids? My kids are tall teens, so we need a bed that could sleep an adult. I'm planning to call to request this, but am not sure if I should request a room with a daybed, or instead a room that could fit a rollaway so it would be long enough (or even a sofabed, but I didn't book a deluxe room so I don't know if that's an option). Thanks for any info you have!

Anyone who has satiated lately (or currently), what time does the international gateway to Epcot actually open with the current 11 am opening time? How early do the ride actually start?

I walked over from YC on Wednesday and got to the IG around 9:50. They let us through and lined us up on that little hill leading up to the UK-France bridge and held us there until 10. Soarin and TT are open but Soarin held us in the queue until 10:30, when they started the ride. Can’t speak on TT.

We were there this week as well, got into the line at IG around 10:20am and went straight to Frozen. I know we were off the ride by 11am.

I walked over from YC on Wednesday and got to the IG around 9:50. They let us through and lined us up on that little hill leading up to the UK-France bridge and held us there until 10. Soarin and TT are open but Soarin held us in the queue until 10:30, when they started the ride. Can’t speak on TT.
Thanks. That’s earlier than I expected. Was anything else open at that hour?

About how many were there at 9:50?

I checked a dozen pages back for recent reviews but what’s the latest with wait times for SAB?

for yc doing laundry: how many machines are there and is there a line usually to use them? what is the best time to use them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter