Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hope you are having a great trip! Sorry I didn't have a chance to reply sooner.

Chances are anything you leave at your chair would be safe, but you never know.

There are free lockers to use in the pool complex, near where Beaches & Cream is located.

The biggest drawback to these is if the pool closes due to weather concerns, you may not be able to get your belongings when they evacuate the area. Although if you mentioned you had an insulin pump, and they wouldn't let you get it before exiting, I would think there would be some pretty major consequences to that refusal.

:fish:

Thanks! I'm having a wonderful trip! The lockers seem to be closed. I have been just leaving my stuff on a chair and circling back to check on it. Things are pretty quiet here this week.

Almost ready to book Beach club for a September trip. We usually stay at Wilderness Lodge but think we'd like to try something different. We see proximity to EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Skyliner as plusses.

Anyone with both WL and Beach Club experience? Pros/Cons? Any other tips appreciated.

The site that cannot be named has pics of a new area rug in the YC lobby. Anyone there to take pics so we can all admire the new rug from afar?
From the pics I saw (on that sight) the rug actually looks nice and pulls the space together better. It looked too bare before. I think I still miss the old lobby decor, but this looks nice and goes well with the overall remodel of the entire resort.

The site that cannot be named has pics of a new area rug in the YC lobby. Anyone there to take pics so we can all admire the new rug from afar?
From the pics I saw (on that sight) the rug actually looks nice and pulls the space together better. It looked too bare before. I think I still miss the old lobby decor, but this looks nice and goes well with the overall remodel of the entire resort.
There are smaller rugs at the seating areas, as well. The pattern repeat is extremely large, and the design looks like an abstract image of a body of water (with hidden Mickeys).

Almost ready to book Beach club for a September trip. We usually stay at Wilderness Lodge but think we'd like to try something different. We see proximity to EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Skyliner as plusses.

Anyone with both WL and Beach Club experience? Pros/Cons? Any other tips appreciated.

My family loves them both! WL is just a short boat ride to MK, but is just far enough away that you truly feel like you are escaping the hustle and bustle of the entire area. The theming is amazing there, and I cannot wait to try out Geyser Point!

Having said that, BCV is our home resort and we love being in the middle of everything there. To be honest, I was afraid that the Skyliner would ruin the experience there with the disrupted sight lines and increased traffic, but we didn't experience any of that went we last winter. That may change as you'll be there right in the middle of Food and Wine....

Love Beach Club Villas. Disliked Wilderness Lodge (Copper Creek Villas).

The Epcot Resort area is great. If you are staying at BC, you can walk over to YC, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin for food or to get something from a gift shop if BC doesn't have what you want. The thing I disliked most about Wilderness Lodge was that I felt stuck there. You can't get anywhere unless you use a car/Uber/Lyft/Taxi or Disney transportation. (I realize you can say the same about other Disney resorts, but every day I was there, I wished that I were at BCV or BWV.)

Obviously the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS from BC is a huge plus.

I don't think proximity to the Skyliner should be included in your list of reasons to stay at BC, however. It's not going to be the most efficient way to get to DHS. I believe you would have to ride from Epcot to Caribbean Beach, get off and transfer to the DHS route. There can be very long lines at park opening and park closing, and it won't run during thunderstorms. I know some people ride it for fun, but I don't think that would necessarily be a reason to put it on the "Pros of BC" list.

We love both WL and BC but tend to stay at the BC more often than the WL for the simple reason that there is so much more to do when staying at an Epcot resort. Since you usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge then I suggest that you give the BC a try. :)

The only Con that I can think of is that the WL will have newly refurbished rooms that will probably be gorgeous. We plan to stay there when discounts are released for late summer/early fall. :)

I don't think proximity to the Skyliner should be included in your list of reasons to stay at BC, however. It's not going to be the most efficient way to get to DHS.
The Skyliner is fun to ride, more fun than a lot of the rides at the parks. It is worth it for the fun factor. Plus, if you just miss a boat and are staying at the BC, then it is a nice way to get back from HS. :)

i kid with my family and say WL is our thanksgiving resort due to the Christmas decorations and easy boat ride to magic kingdom. BC/YC is our spring resort where we stayed to run the Star Wars 10 k race a few years ago. The pool is amazing, quick walk to Epcot, etc, My only CON of BC/YC is their isn’t a convenient quick service like roaring fork is at WL. Give it a try you may like it for some trips and be sure to come back early one evening and walk along the board walk.

What is the current dining situation like at YC/BC for non-reservation options? I'm spoiled by WL for having Geyser Point and Roaring Fork readily available.
I don't mind going to Boardwalk but I like staying within a resort if possible.

For take out from the resort you can mobile order from Beach Club Marketplace (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), The Market at Ale and Compass (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and Ale and Compass Restaurant (breakfast and dinner only). We really enjoyed our food from Ale and Compass Restaurant, I mobile ordered and then picked it up and ate either in our room or at the pool.

FYI you can see all the available mobile order restaurants and their menus in the MDE app. Just press the + sign at the bottom center of the screen then select 'Order Food' or at least this is how to do it on an iPhone.

Does YC in room dining currently wheel the food into your room or do they leave it outside, given the situation.

Only other resort we in room dined was AKL Jambo two years back and the gentleman wheeled it in and set it up for us (breakfast), but that was in a happier time.

Does YC in room dining currently wheel the food into your room or do they leave it outside, given the situation.

Only other resort we in room dined was AKL Jambo two years back and the gentleman wheeled it in and set it up for us (breakfast), but that was in a happier time.

In November they did not enter the room. Everything was packaged in to-go containers with disposable silverware in a brown bag. The cast member wheeled a cart up with the bag on it and when I opened the door, the cart was across the doorway with the bag on top, the CM standing back a few steps, behind the cart. I was able to take the bag off the cart and that was that. I believe I also had the sign the bill and fill in a tip but am not 100% positive on that.

Thanks all for your inputs. Went ahead and booked today.......Beach Club 25-29 September. Love the proximity to EPCOT and DHS and all the other things around. We also tacked on 2days at Universal. Staying at Port Royal there.
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!
My family loves them both! WL is just a short boat ride to MK, but is just far enough away that you truly feel like you are escaping the hustle and bustle of the entire area. The theming is amazing there, and I cannot wait to try out Geyser Point!

Having said that, BCV is our home resort and we love being in the middle of everything there. To be honest, I was afraid that the Skyliner would ruin the experience there with the disrupted sight lines and increased traffic, but we didn't experience any of that went we last winter. That may change as you'll be there right in the middle of Food and Wine....
Love Beach Club Villas. Disliked Wilderness Lodge (Copper Creek Villas).

The Epcot Resort area is great. If you are staying at BC, you can walk over to YC, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin for food or to get something from a gift shop if BC doesn't have what you want. The thing I disliked most about Wilderness Lodge was that I felt stuck there. You can't get anywhere unless you use a car/Uber/Lyft/Taxi or Disney transportation. (I realize you can say the same about other Disney resorts, but every day I was there, I wished that I were at BCV or BWV.)

Obviously the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS from BC is a huge plus.

I don't think proximity to the Skyliner should be included in your list of reasons to stay at BC, however. It's not going to be the most efficient way to get to DHS. I believe you would have to ride from Epcot to Caribbean Beach, get off and transfer to the DHS route. There can be very long lines at park opening and park closing, and it won't run during thunderstorms. I know some people ride it for fun, but I don't think that would necessarily be a reason to put it on the "Pros of BC" list.
We love both WL and BC but tend to stay at the BC more often than the WL for the simple reason that there is so much more to do when staying at an Epcot resort. Since you usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge then I suggest that you give the BC a try. :)

The only Con that I can think of is that the WL will have newly refurbished rooms that will probably be gorgeous. We plan to stay there when discounts are released for late summer/early fall. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter