Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Food for thought...

Hotel rooms are bigger at BC/YC but WL will have brand new rooms when they open this summer. As @Sandi mentioned BC/YC rooms are bright- but not brighter than WL anymore. The remodel at WL has brought the hotel rooms even on that scale from this blog post (also ignore all photos from Disney, apparently they hasn’t updated WL ones yet 🤦🏻‍♀️).

What are your park priorities? Walking to EP IG is pretty awesome if you like to dine there, but if you have an MK obsessed kid WL could be the better choice.

How about a split? I love an EP/MK split! Disney bell services will move your luggage for free (although do tip) so it’s really convenient!
Oh wow! I had not seen the remodeled pics until now. Thanks for posting the blog pics!

Thanks. I'll call them tomorrow. I asked a CM the layout and she read me the same as online.
You may want to try calling 407-934-8000, which is where I usually call to make BC room requests, no more than nine days prior to my check in date. In the past, I have had CMs at this number place me on hold, while they check out information with a room assigner for the BC. I have not used this number post WDW reopening, so cannot absolutely guarantee the current response.

What is the current dining situation like at YC/BC for non-reservation options? I'm spoiled by WL for having Geyser Point and Roaring Fork readily available.
I don't mind going to Boardwalk but I like staying within a resort if possible.

What is the current dining situation like at YC/BC for non-reservation options? I'm spoiled by WL for having Geyser Point and Roaring Fork readily available.
I don't mind going to Boardwalk but I like staying within a resort if possible.
If you like lounges, Ale & Compass lounge has a smaller menu that is pretty good. We went once when we were there earlier this month. Also, you can get take out from Il Mulino at the Swan and I believe that Kimonos was available for walk ups when we were there in September. For QS, both markets are open at YC and BC and there is also BW Bakery. All have mobile order.

Do they still have those pool cabanas out during this or no? Would think they’re not needed?

Also, is the pool area crowded these days? Would think not given no Beach Club hotel side and sparse Yacht club occupancy,

Quick question, has beach club (villas) been upgraded to have phone chargers?

Do you mean USB ports?

When I was in a BCV studio in summer 2019, there was 1 USB port over the nightstand. There was another one under the TV (but I would think if you have somebody in the pull-down bed, it would be really awkward to reach that one).

I haven't stayed in a 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom in a long time, so I can't answer about them.

I personally would never travel without my charger cube thingie. What if the USB ports don't work?

Do they still have those pool cabanas out during this or no? Would think they’re not needed?

Also, is the pool area crowded these days? Would think not given no Beach Club hotel side and sparse Yacht club occupancy,

Yes, cabanas are still available to rent.

Crowded is relative I guess - we were last at YC over Labor Day weekend (a holiday weekend) and there were some peak times during the days that SAB felt every bit as crowded as normal (it even closed for capacity briefly one day). But other more recent non-holiday reports have suggested pool crowds are usually rather light/minimal.

So we now have two BCV trips booked.
First is June 25- July 2. Next trip is week of Thanksgiving 20-27 Th.
Does anyone know if they still offer a topper for the pull out ? Or is it wisest to bring my own air mattress topper?

So we now have two BCV trips booked.
First is June 25- July 2. Next trip is week of Thanksgiving 20-27 Th.
Does anyone know if they still offer a topper for the pull out ? Or is it wisest to bring my own air mattress topper?

i would not assume that they will provide something like that. I don’t think it’s built into the DVC budget.

As far as I’m aware if there are 5 of you listed on the reservation then you will be provided with a room with enough sleeping surfaces for all

We are a family of 5 and had a room with a daybed. Unless you have a child under 3 on the reservation, if there are five of you there will be a daybed in your room.

As you may know, many celebrities, big wigs and even royalty stay at the Yacht & Beach Club.

Look who is enjoying a getaway here after the Inauguration:

Bernie Beach Club.jpg

Bernie at SAB.jpg

There's no problem finding a spot when you bring your own chair!

Thx to @Pixeldust for the pool photo.

PS- Keeping it on topic. There are many, many excellent Bernie at Disney memes.
This is not the place for them. (My son's best friend told me I need an intervention).

Last edited:
As you may know, many celebrities, big wigs and even royalty stay at the Yacht & Beach Club.

Look who is enjoying a getaway here after the Inauguration:

View attachment 551617

View attachment 551616

There's no problem finding a spot when you bring your own chair!

Thx to @Pixeldust for the pool photo.

PS- Keeping it on topic. There are many, many excellent Bernie at Disney memes. This is not the place for them. My son's best friend told me I need an intervention.
Me too. So far I have put him at flight of passage, magic kingdom plaza, Slinky dog, and Epcot walkway. It's a fun thing to do! But it does get out of hand in a hurry!

Today is the day I travel to the yacht club!

I'm going solo. I'm curious what people do with their belongings while at Stormalong Bay? I'm planning on spending a decent amount of time swimming (and floating, and sliding). If I leave a bag on a chair is it safe? I can leave my phone in my room but I'll want my Kindle and more concerningly I have an insulin pump I'll need to disconnect to go in.

Hope you are having a great trip! Sorry I didn't have a chance to reply sooner.

Chances are anything you leave at your chair would be safe, but you never know.

There are free lockers to use in the pool complex, near where Beaches & Cream is located.

The biggest drawback to these is if the pool closes due to weather concerns, you may not be able to get your belongings when they evacuate the area. Although if you mentioned you had an insulin pump, and they wouldn't let you get it before exiting, I would think there would be some pretty major consequences to that refusal.

:fish:

Page 1760

Has anyone taken the Magical Express to Yacht Club lately? About how long did it take including the line at the airport? Was it very crowded? I’m worried with dealing with luggage that it takes longer now. Thanks!

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

So excited to be staying here at the end of the month for the first time! We will be staying in a water view room and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which room to request to get the best view?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

We have a thread with a sample of Yacht Club Views posted by past guests. You could looks at the Water Club index to see which views appeal to you- Crescent Lake- SAB- both- lighthouse...

I'll add the link when I am back home later this morning.

ETA- Link to YC Room View Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/

Are there any other features you would like in a room-
Daybed?
Location- high floor/low floor, near or away from elevator
Bedding preference- 2 Queens or King

:thumbsup2

Just booked a stay at BCV for 9/4-9/11. Originally had a cruise in November, but wife and I decided to wait. It’ll be first time staying deluxe. Son can’t wait for SAB or lazy river. Also be celebrating 10 year anniversary.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I’ve never stayed at Yacht and Beach. How are the rooms? Do you think they’d be worth an extra $1,000 to change from Wilderness Lodge to Yacht and Beach? Also, are there balconies? Thanks, guys!

Like others have said, it is hard for others to determine whether the price difference is worth it to you.

I believe there are some comparisons between the Yacht & Beach and WL on Page 1, Post 16 in the review section.

I'll add the link later, but I have to run!

::yes::

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter