Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

How are busses to MK generally for yacht club? Long waits? I’m looking at possibly staying here solo with a 20 month old in April. Will be splitting our time between EP and MK and time at the hotel. We are trying to decide between yacht club and Poly. (Poly is 200 more but I’m worried about that pool and DD as I heard the kids area isn’t good for a 20 month old)

how crowded is the pool and the sand area? Even though I’ll be with my DD in the pool, is there bigger kids running around like crazy that she may easily get accidentally knocked over or will she have a bit of her own space to play in the water and sand? And for those who have small ones, how messy does the sand and water make the kids? Is it easy to clean the sand off them before going back to the room?

how crowded is the pool and the sand area? Even though I’ll be with my DD in the pool, is there bigger kids running around like crazy that she may easily get accidentally knocked over or will she have a bit of her own space to play in the water and sand?
The sandy area of the pool is a large area with plenty of room for kids to play in. It is also a great area to get tables and chairs because it usually isn't crowded. It is near the Yacht Club side of Storm Along Bay. Your daughter will have plenty of space for herself. :)

The older kids tend to hang around the area closest to the Beach Club, where they play games, including volleyball. The waterslide is over there, too.

How are busses to MK generally for yacht club? Long waits? I’m looking at possibly staying here solo with a 20 month old in April. Will be splitting our time between EP and MK and time at the hotel. We are trying to decide between yacht club and Poly. (Poly is 200 more but I’m worried about that pool and DD as I heard the kids area isn’t good for a 20 month old)

how crowded is the pool and the sand area? Even though I’ll be with my DD in the pool, is there bigger kids running around like crazy that she may easily get accidentally knocked over or will she have a bit of her own space to play in the water and sand? And for those who have small ones, how messy does the sand and water make the kids? Is it easy to clean the sand off them before going back to the room?

I don't know if the sand in the zero entry pool is different but the sand at the bottom of the pools is more like fiberglass (maybe?) so it doesn't stick too much and it isn't really messy like "normal" sand.

Has anyone taken the Magical Express to Yacht Club lately? About how long did it take including the line at the airport? Was it very crowded? I’m worried with dealing with luggage that it takes longer now. Thanks!

Has anyone taken the Magical Express to Yacht Club lately? About how long did it take including the line at the airport? Was it very crowded? I’m worried with dealing with luggage that it takes longer now. Thanks!
We took it to the BC [BCV] on 1/6. Picking up your own luggage does add time now but the actual ME wait and trip to BC was quicker than normal. Our luggage pickup was in terminal A and ME is in terminal B. From plane departure, picking up luggage and walking to ME it took about 20 - 25 minutes. We came in to terminal A, down to level 2 for luggage, wait for luggage, back up to level 3 to cross over to terminal B, down to level 1 and then the long walk to ME check in.

So excited to be staying here at the end of the month for the first time! We will be staying in a water view room and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which room to request to get the best view?

Anyone noticed around what time DHS boats start running? Are they crowded first thing in the morning?
We didn’t ride them but did see them running about an hour before HS opening last week. On our walk over to HS from BCV at 8:00 AM we passed the BW dock and there were 4 parties waiting to board. I know this doesn’t help you for YC dock but should give you a sense for crowds. On a separate note the skyliner from IG started at 8:00 AM as well.

We didn’t ride them but did see them running about an hour before HS opening last week. On our walk over to HS from BCV at 8:00 AM we passed the BW dock and there were 4 parties waiting to board. I know this doesn’t help you for YC dock but should give you a sense for crowds. On a separate note the skyliner from IG started at 8:00 AM as well.
Thank you!

Page 1758-1759

Thanks for the help with the HS timing. Walking does seem best and you don't have to wait for anything. When we were at YC last, the skyliner wasn't built yet. Just wondering, picturing where it was to be built, does it affect the walk from YC/BC to Epcot or it is still a short, straight walk?

Is it faster to take the boat or the skyliner to HS from YC?

:welcome: to this thread!

Do you have a trip booked?

Others have given you a lot of great advice about the different methods to get from the YC to HS.

For me, walking is the preferred option- it is the quickest and most direct, and the pace is under your control, not subject to breakdown or crowd-level. The biggest drawback is if it is very hot or if you are needing rest before/after a long day at a theme park.

The Skyliner is a fun novelty, great views. I am always worried that it will get stuck when I'm on it so I would never use it if I had a specific time commitment.

The boat is too hot for my taste in the summer, and the capacity is low, so even if you are at one of the docks, depending on how many people are already on the boat, you may not

:goodvibes

I am very happy this morning! Just booked 2 rooms at the Yacht Club for my husband, me and my son and his family for a long weekend trip the end of April! My youngest granddaughter’s cheer competition is supposed to happen then, doubt it will, but we are going anyway. After 3 cancellations last year we all need this trip. I am hoping I will have had my vaccinations by then too. Fingers crossed we will be safe and healthy for our trip.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Just booked a 7 night stay at Beach Club Villas for September! Week after Labor Day! Can't. Wait.

Supposed to be there last October, but given the pandemic we couldn't fly down there, so we had all the flight credit, etc. etc. - it was an easy book!

Now to choose the park reservations.....do we book our parks with the mindset that MNSSHP will happen? Or do we assume the worst? Oh the choices! The choices!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

We just got back from probably my favorite Disney vacation ever! Our flight landed early and we walked right on to the Magic Express. We checked in at roughly 10 am and were pixie dusted with an upgraded room. We were booked a standard view, and were upgraded to a garden view club level room! It had views of the Boardwalk. We had the best experiences with transportation this trip also, never waited more then 5 mins for a bus or boat. The crowds were low and the weather was probably the chilliest we have ever had. It was very comical to see all the Floridians dressed in long coats and hats. Coming from Ohio it felt like spring to us, granted we were a little cold (esp. on the boats) but we made do. Lesson learned to pack some hoodies or long pants just incase next time. Mobile ordering was also a feature we enjoyed, we had no issues with it. We did order some drinks and snacks from Publix (via instacart) for the room, we opted out of the mug this time just for the fact we couldn't refill it ourselves and didn't want to hassle with it. I can't wait to plan our next vacation!!

Thanks so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your trip.

:dogdance:

Super excited for our family vacation. We are booked at the Beach Club from May 30th thru June 5th. Family first stay at BC. I have stayed at Yacht Club on a work trip.....will be a great way to hopefully get back to some sort of normal.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

:welcome: to the thread.

Let us know if you book a trip here.

I haven't been recently, so my observations about the buses (positive) are not really relative right now.

As others have indicated, the sand in Stormalong Bay is not like regular beach sand and does not stick to you.

:beach:

These are awesome!

If you don't mind, I'll add a couple of these to the first page posts.

I call that seating area with the two chairs "Mark's Corner" My husband sat there and caught up on work emails while I was taking one last dip at SAB on our departure day.

:thanks:

That's funny. My daughter called it Mom's Yacht Office! I found it to be quiet enough to get a fair amount of work done there while the rest of my family played on our departure day.

Today is the day I travel to the yacht club!

I'm going solo. I'm curious what people do with their belongings while at Stormalong Bay? I'm planning on spending a decent amount of time swimming (and floating, and sliding). If I leave a bag on a chair is it safe? I can leave my phone in my room but I'll want my Kindle and more concerningly I have an insulin pump I'll need to disconnect to go in.

I'm going solo. I'm curious what people do with their belongings while at Stormalong Bay? I'm planning on spending a decent amount of time swimming (and floating, and sliding). If I leave a bag on a chair is it safe? I can leave my phone in my room but I'll want my Kindle and more concerningly I have an insulin pump I'll need to disconnect to go in.

More cautious/responsible people will be quick to note my foolishness on this topic, but we always just leave our stuff in our bags on our chairs. Not the safest/smartest thing to do for sure, but we are comfortable with it and (knocks on wood) have never had a problem at Disney.

Enjoy YC, have a great trip!

More cautious/responsible people will be quick to note my foolishness on this topic, but we always just leave our stuff in our bags on our chairs. Not the safest/smartest thing to do for sure, but we are comfortable with it and (knocks on wood) have never had a problem at Disney.

Same, we throw a towel over the electronics and bags 🤷🏼‍♀️ Have also never had a problem. It’s a gated area as well so less people just “wandering by”?

Absolutely! Toss that towel over and walk away! The chances are slimmmmmmm that A. Someone even knows you have a phone under there or B. There is a criminal that has paid for reservations to YC/BC, got a magic band and checked in, scanned it at the pool entrance, to take someone's 500 dollars phone. They'd all LOSE money in their crime!

All kidding aside, you should be fun. Relax and enjoy. I'm jealous @Someone28624 that you are going solo! I love solo trips. Make the most of it and you do you!

I just left my stuff on my chair too with the towel over it. Like others have said they are very strict about who comes into the area, they scan your MagicBand to make sure you are a guest of BC/YC and give you a wristband like at the parties. I feel much better about leaving stuff unattended there than at the Poly pools, it's virtually impossible for people to just sneak in to SAB.

Although a word of warning about just throwing a towel over your wallet/phone. Make sure you actually remember that your stuff is under said towel before wrapping everything up and dumping it in the towel bin when you leave.

May or may not be speaking from experience. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter