Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is it faster to take the boat or the skyliner to HS from YC?
The Skyliner is a very enjoyable way to travel to HS but not necessarily the fastest way to go. YC is really close to the boat dock, whereas it will take about 8 minutes to walk to the Skyliner from the YC.

Boats try to run 20 minutes apart and if you just miss a boat then you can count on it taking more than 1/2 hour to reach HS. You will definitely get to HS faster by walking if you just miss a boat, and the walk is pretty easy, approximately 16 minutes. :)

Hints to tell how soon the next boat will arrive: The boat to Hollywood Studios from the YC boat dock will be coming from the Boardwalk. If you see a boat on the right side of the BW boat dock, then that boat will be the one that will come to YC, then head towards HS, making a stop at S/D first. If you see a boat on the left side of the BW boat dock, then that boat is going to Epcot next.

I am very happy this morning! Just booked 2 rooms at the Yacht Club for my husband, me and my son and his family for a long weekend trip the end of April! My youngest granddaughter’s cheer competition is supposed to happen then, doubt it will, but we are going anyway. After 3 cancellations last year we all need this trip. I am hoping I will have had my vaccinations by then too. Fingers crossed we will be safe and healthy for our trip.

Just booked a 7 night stay at Beach Club Villas for September! Week after Labor Day! Can't. Wait.

Supposed to be there last October, but given the pandemic we couldn't fly down there, so we had all the flight credit, etc. etc. - it was an easy book!

Now to choose the park reservations.....do we book our parks with the mindset that MNSSHP will happen? Or do we assume the worst? Oh the choices! The choices!

Thanks for the help with the HS timing. Walking does seem best and you don't have to wait for anything. When we were at YC last, the skyliner wasn't built yet. Just wondering, picturing where it was to be built, does it affect the walk from YC/BC to Epcot or it is still a short, straight walk?

Thanks for the help with the HS timing. Walking does seem best and you don't have to wait for anything. When we were at YC last, the skyliner wasn't built yet. Just wondering, picturing where it was to be built, does it affect the walk from YC/BC to Epcot or it is still a short, straight walk?
Sklyliner has no impact on your walk. 20 minutes from YC/BC give or take 5 minutes depending on how fast you walk. If you head left towards the BW make sure you take the “shortcut” through the pool area to get to the HS path. Take a right, no shortcut needed. You’ll pick up the path just behind the Atlantic Dance Hall. Have fun!

It only changes the walk by naturally getting you to slow or stop to admire how cool the Skyliner is.....lol!!!

When you are walking from YC to Epcot, the Skyliner passes above you. As you approach the IG entrance, the Skyliner station is to the left. It is on a slight incline. But you just walk straight to IG as before.

the “shortcut” through the pool area to get to the HS path. Take a right, no shortcut needed. You’ll pick up the path just behind the Atlantic Dance Hall.

Not sure where this shortcut is? does it save time or distance? TIA

the “shortcut” through the pool area to get to the HS path. Take a right, no shortcut needed. You’ll pick up the path just behind the Atlantic Dance Hall.

The "shortcut" through the BW; take a left just past the BW green and before the Screen Door store, take your first right past Wyland Galleries, you'll go by the gym and arcade on your left. The pool will be in front of you and you'll want to stay left on the path. You'll come right into the walkway to HS. You can't miss it, otherwise you'll be in the canal.

This shortcut saves you about 5 minutes when walking the BW way, but the shortcut doesn't come in to play if taking the right from the YC heading toward SD bridge.

Page 1756-1757

I just booked two spontaneous trips for my girls birthdays, after my bad YC stay in August I was given two free nights so why not. Staying at BCV (first time) Feb. 11-14, and YC March 12-14.

So glad to have you back!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

We just booked a stay at the BC in Early June for my Crew of 5. Celebrating my oldest graduating from College, my middle graduating from HS. Youngest is 15, so its like a 5 adult trip. We have a Q-Q-Daybed/Sofa reserved, hoping (*fingers crossed) that a nice upgrade might be available. Been to WDW many times both off and on property. Looking forward to our first time at BC!

:welcome: to this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I'm late getting to this thread! I have 4 nights booked at the YC for February - 2/6 - 2/10 - a girls only trip with my best friend :hug: . Stayed at the Beach Club many years ago with the family, but this is my first stay at the Yacht. Really looking forward to the trip. I've been fortunate to have several trips on my AP this year, even with the closure, but I think this will be the last for a while.

Thanks for all the great info!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list!

:cool2:

I must have failed to provide our October dates: 7-15, 2021 - BCV. Sadly, our May trip will be at BWV. . .tried for BCV, but DH wants his turn at his favorite. I like BWV, but the shower/toilet area in the studios is so dark and small. :headache:

Got it!

::yes::

We just booked a studio at Beach Club Villas for the week of memorial day. Any word if when the hotel opens more dining offerings will open? Cape May? Yatchsmans? I read the hotel opens the 30th and we check into the Villa side on the 30th.

:welcome: to posting here!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Hopefully we will know in the coming months about whether resort restaurants will start reopening.

:thumbsup2

A few pix while I wait stand by Ale & Compass.

AK in the morning then transfer to CR . I’ll post pix there if interested .

YC has been great for park hopping !

View attachment 550416

View attachment 550417

View attachment 550418

View attachment 550419

View attachment 550422

View attachment 550421

View attachment 550420

These are awesome!

If you don't mind, I'll add a couple of these to the first page posts.

I call that seating area with the two chairs "Mark's Corner" My husband sat there and caught up on work emails while I was taking one last dip at SAB on our departure day.

:thanks:

We just got back from probably my favorite Disney vacation ever! Our flight landed early and we walked right on to the Magic Express. We checked in at roughly 10 am and were pixie dusted with an upgraded room. We were booked a standard view, and were upgraded to a garden view club level room! It had views of the Boardwalk. We had the best experiences with transportation this trip also, never waited more then 5 mins for a bus or boat. The crowds were low and the weather was probably the chilliest we have ever had. It was very comical to see all the Floridians dressed in long coats and hats. Coming from Ohio it felt like spring to us, granted we were a little cold (esp. on the boats) but we made do. Lesson learned to pack some hoodies or long pants just incase next time. Mobile ordering was also a feature we enjoyed, we had no issues with it. We did order some drinks and snacks from Publix (via instacart) for the room, we opted out of the mug this time just for the fact we couldn't refill it ourselves and didn't want to hassle with it. I can't wait to plan our next vacation!!

Page 1756-1757

So glad to have you back!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

:welcome: to this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list!

:cool2:

Got it!

::yes::

:welcome: to posting here!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Hopefully we will know in the coming months about whether resort restaurants will start reopening.

:thumbsup2

These are awesome!

If you don't mind, I'll add a couple of these to the first page posts.

I call that seating area with the two chairs "Mark's Corner" My husband sat there and caught up on work emails while I was taking one last dip at SAB on our departure day.

:thanks:
Love that! Mark’s corner 👍

You can use any pix you’d like !

We realized for transport now with buses holding less this was a greet split. YC was pretty and convenient and decent food options as well.
Glad we went back because we had a great time !

The shortcut is shorter for people staying at the Beach Club villas or the BC resort rooms that are closest to Epcot. It is not shorter for people staying at the Yacht Club.

If you are staying at the Yacht Club then just turn right, toward the Dolphin, cross the bridge between YC and Boardwalk, then follow the sidewalk that goes along the waterway. That is the shortest route.

If you are staying at the BCV, exit the villas building and take the sidewalk that goes between the Beach Club and Epxot. You will come out near the bridge between Boardwalk and BC. Head toward the Boardwalk and when you get to the grassy area in front of Wylands Gallery, turn left and go through opening that leads to the main pool. Follow the sidewalk to the left around the pool and you will see the walkway to Hollywood Studios. This path is a little shorter for guests at that end of the BC resort. :) It is also the best way to go if you are coming from the Epcot International Gateway. :)

The shortcut is shorter for people staying at the Beach Club villas or the BC resort rooms that are closest to Epcot. It is not shorter for people staying at the Yacht Club.

If you are staying at the Yacht Club then just turn right, toward the Dolphin, cross the bridge between YC and Boardwalk, then follow the sidewalk that goes along the waterway. That is the shortest route.

If you are staying at the BCV, exit the villas building and take the sidewalk that goes between the Beach Club and Epxot. You will come out near the bridge between Boardwalk and BC. Head toward the Boardwalk and when you get to the grassy area in front of Wylands Gallery, turn left and go through opening that leads to the main pool. Follow the sidewalk to the left around the pool and you will see the walkway to Hollywood Studios. This path is a little shorter for guests at that end of the BC resort. :) It is also the best way to go if you are coming from the Epcot International Gateway. :)

This is the way!

I was fortunate to have @Wood Nymph personally show me this route during my last trip to the resort.

🎠

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter