Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1731-1733

Hi Dee!
Can you please pen me in for the BCVs [studio] 10/20 - 10/28? Hoping that F&W is up and running like we used to know it in 11 months! Thanks!

Happy to!

:woohoo

Our plans have changed, originally was booked to be on a Royal Caribbean cruise Nov 2021, with a stay at wdw before and universal after... we have bumped our cruise to oct 2022 and decided to just do a week at Wdw and 3 days at Universal now. I’ve always wanted to try Yacht Club, so I’m considering splitting it and doing 3 nights at YC and 3 nights at four seasons. Is storm along bay pool open and usable? This is a big reason I’m choosing YC. Also does yachtmans have plans to reopen? This trip is a year away so I’m hopeful! Lastly what is a good room request if I have a water view and I book my boys in a garden view to not have too much excessive walking, to be close to the Lobby and kind of central??? I wonder if club level will open again by next year? As we always stay club level in Wdw but it’s not a option to book currently sadly 😢

:welcome: back!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for next November.

I haven't seen anything about when the Yachtsman will reopen or club level will start booking again. Like everything since March, it is definitely a case of wait and see.

:)

Has Stormalong Bay been really crowded? Thanks

:welcome: to the thread!

Reports from the past couple of weeks have indicated that the pool has not been crowded. Loungers are placed in family groupings, with socially-distant spacing. During Labor Day weekend, there were a few times when access to the pool was restricted for a short time because they were at capacity. I don't think that happened during Columbus Day weekend. Not sure what this week will see for crowding at the parks, resort and Stormalong Bay.

Do you have an upcoming trip here?

:goodvibes

My fiancé and I live 15 mins from the AK area and booked a night at Yacht this week to “get away”. We are planning a beach wedding at HHI this summer so we have to watch our $$$ but needed an escape! Looking forward to SAB and relaxing for 2 days after a stressful fall at my school!

Im assuming SAB is open10-9 as it’s cooler weather now???

Enjoy your relaxation stay! Bet there will be lots of wedding-planning talk!!!

:love:

So excited! I rebooked my YC trip from Easter/spring break to December 5-10. I decided to go solo since I need a break from helping my DD9 with distant learning (letting my DH see how painful it is while I'm gone 😂)! This will be my first time staying in this area - it's going to be so nice to walk to Epcot & HS!

Sounds like a well-deserved break!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Page 1731-1733

:welcome: to the thread!

Reports from the past couple of weeks have indicated that the pool has not been crowded. Loungers are placed in family groupings, with socially-distant spacing. During Labor Day weekend, there were a few times when access to the pool was restricted for a short time because they were at capacity. I don't think that happened during Columbus Day weekend. Not sure what this week will see for crowding at the parks, resort and Stormalong Bay.

Do you have an upcoming trip here?

:goodvibes

Yes in a couple of weeks. Also hoping for on time check in if not earlier. But I’m not sure how check in times have been.

We were at SAB today and it was busier then earlier in the week but not super busy, there were still plenty of chairs.
We were able to get our room before10am which was awesome, we weren’t expecting that.

Wow! That’s a great check in time. I imagine the holiday week would be busier. Thanks for all the info.

Wow! That’s a great check in time. I imagine the holiday week would be busier. Thanks for all the info.

It might depend on the day of the week you check in and luck of the draw. When I checked in Saturday, I arrived at 9am and room wasn't ready until 5:04pm.

Storm-a-long Bay is quieter today than it was yesterday (Thanksgiving). Busier than pre-covid January, but it seems like there's plenty of space for everyone to spread out. Once lunchtime hit you no longer needed to wait for a pool float on the lazy river, either. Very pleasant.

We were able to get our room before10am which was awesome, we weren’t expecting that.
It might depend on the day of the week you check in and luck of the draw. When I checked in Saturday, I arrived at 9am and room wasn't ready until 5:04pm.

i’m not paying close attention. Were you guys checking into YC or BCV?

Pre-COVID, BCV would likely be later, supposedly because the DVC rooms take longer to clean. But I’m not sure about these days.

Anyone currently at the resort tell me if the TVs in the rooms have the Big10 Network? I’m assuming not (from past stay recollection) but thought I’d check again just to be sure...

I am always able to get the BTN when I am at the Boardwalk. I believe it is channel 25. When you scroll through the channels, it says it is something else (like CBS Sports), but it is actually the Big Ten Channel.

Pre-COVID, BCV would likely be later, supposedly because the DVC rooms take longer to clean. But I’m not sure about these days.

I'm BCV. DVC usually has later checkin not necessarily because the rooms take longer to clean (at least, not the studios which I book), but because they run at 95% capacity.

Yesterday with the really early check in it was YC. But we did stay at BCV this past week also and got our room around 2pm that day.
We stayed in a total of 4 resorts this past week, I even had trouble keeping up with where we were staying :upsidedow

Which resort would you choose for best accessibility, Yacht Club or Beach Club? My dad was in a bad car accident several years ago that injured his spine, and while he can walk with a cane I want to rent him a scooter for when we are at WDW. Ideally, I would like to walk to Epcot, Skyliner to HS, and monorail or maybe bus to MK (once all of these are up and running again). Which resort would you pick, and any building preferences? I'm open to booking a villa direct through WDW if it's more convenient. I would hope for us to get ground floor too. Thanks!

Which resort would you choose for best accessibility, Yacht Club or Beach Club? My dad was in a bad car accident several years ago that injured his spine, and while he can walk with a cane I want to rent him a scooter for when we are at WDW. Ideally, I would like to walk to Epcot, Skyliner to HS, and monorail or maybe bus to MK (once all of these are up and running again). Which resort would you pick, and any building preferences? I'm open to booking a villa direct through WDW if it's more convenient. I would hope for us to get ground floor too. Thanks!

Are you choosing between Yacht Club and Beach Club?
Or between Yacht Club and Beach Club Villas?

My guess is the latter, because Beach Club does not have a re-opening date yet

If so, you might want to edit your post so that the answers you receive will be more useful.

If you are in BCV, there are no restaurants or shops in the building. You have to go over to either BC building or YC.

Even when the Epcot monorail is running, the only way to take the monorail to MK from YC/BC/BCV is to go into Epcot through the International Gateway entrance, walk all the way through Epcot, go out the front entrance of Epcot, and pick up the monorail there. And that won't work until they allow full day park hopping again. Current plan is to only allow park hopping in the afternoon. So if you enter Epcot in the morning, you would not be able to go to MK that morning. Even when park hopping was allowed, this was a very tiring start to the day.

If you are thinking of Skyliner to DHS, you better find out what time it starts running in the morning. I don't know that it starts early enough to get to DHS for rope drop.

None of these resorts has a "building preference." Each is comprised of one building. People do have room preferences.

My husband said it looked like a 5G cell tower.

Oh, there are Christmas decorations in Epcot now!!!!

Kinda random, but just back from WDW and I saw new 5G cell towers at BWI, Poly, and WL. Seems like something they are rolling out everywhere I guess. Wonder if they are AT&T?

Should help with those RotR Boarding Groups. 🤣

Hmm let's ponder that... AT&T is the Official Wireless Sponsor for WDW so I am going to take a random guess that there is a 100% chance they are AT&T powered.

Dave

Well that is what I was going to ‘assume’ too given their sponsorship relationship, but wasn’t confident enough to know how those towers work with carriers, etc.

But I’ll take AT&T - good for me!

Are you choosing between Yacht Club and Beach Club?
Or between Yacht Club and Beach Club Villas?

My guess is the latter, because Beach Club does not have a re-opening date yet

If so, you might want to edit your post so that the answers you receive will be more useful.

Thanks for the response! I'm assuming we won't travel to WDW again until most of the resorts have reopened, park hopping is allowed, and the Monorail and Skyliner resume normal service. In the past, traveling without my dad, we have stayed at AKV, Poly, WL, and the Contemporary. I found the buses tedious when staying at AKV and WL, and that was when traveling without someone who would need an ECV accommodated. Yacht Club seems closest to the Friendship Boat launch for Epcot and HS at least, and those fit ECVs, so I'm leaning in that direction at the moment.

If anyone has accessible room/wing recommendations, I'm all ears! :earsboy:

Thanks for the response! I'm assuming we won't travel to WDW again until most of the resorts have reopened, park hopping is allowed, and the Monorail and Skyliner resume normal service. In the past, traveling without my dad, we have stayed at AKV, Poly, WL, and the Contemporary. I found the buses tedious when staying at AKV and WL, and that was when traveling without someone who would need an ECV accommodated. Yacht Club seems closest to the Friendship Boat launch for Epcot and HS at least, and those fit ECVs, so I'm leaning in that direction at the moment.

If anyone has accessible room/wing recommendations, I'm all ears! :earsboy:
On page 1724 of this thread are some of my pictures of our stay at the end of October. This was a water view accessible room with roll in shower. I have 2 people with mobility issues (2 ECV’s) so I usually request ground floor to avoid the elevator. If you have any questions after looking at them, feel free to ask. (We did not go to MK or AK because Pop and Sis aren’t crazy about buses.)

On page 1724 of this thread are some of my pictures of our stay at the end of October. This was a water view accessible room with roll in shower. I have 2 people with mobility issues (2 ECV’s) so I usually request ground floor to avoid the elevator. If you have any questions after looking at them, feel free to ask. (We did not go to MK or AK because Pop and Sis aren’t crazy about buses.)

Thank you so much! I've bookmarked your post so I can request that room on our next trip, looks perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts