Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Speaking of loud neighbors, if you are hearing the name Sarah repeated and the. 1,2,3,4 around 1am or so, I’m very sorry. Pop is having trouble remembering we’re at a hotel with neighbors on the other

Speaking of loud neighbors, if you are hearing the name Sarah repeated and the. 1,2,3,4 around 1am or so, I’m very sorry. Pop is having trouble remembering we’re at a hotel with neighbors on the other
Well my husband talks in his sleep sometimes so I'm sure I could add this same warning for any neighbors we have :rotfl2:

Update: We were moved across the courtyard. View is not as great, and the room is missing the pull out couch, which DH will hate when I kick him for the 1000th time tonight (we typically sleep in a king and he gets maybe a foot of that because I apparently do gymnastics in my sleep :rotfl2:), but it should (hopefully) be more quiet. We can deal with normal conversations and all, but I honestly think the room next to us had brought the party home since the parks close earlier. I hate to complain to the front, but not sleeping every night just isn't an option.

If you see a woman wearing as Goofy hat , Goofy mask, and Goofy tshirt following or between 2 ECV’s- that’s me!
I've been keeping an eye out for you but I haven't seen a lot of ECV's around, let alone two of them. I'll keep looking but we are on the 1:25 pm Magical Express tomorrow. :(

Last edited:
I've been keeping an eye out for you but I haven't seen a lot of ECV's around, let alone two of them. I'll keep looking but we are on the 1:15 pm Magical Express tomorrow. :(
I’m sorry it seems we won’t have a chance. We head to HS tomorrow so we’ll probably leave around 8. Pop hasn’t done terribly this stay, but it hasn’t been easy for him either. He has gotten overheated and a little dehydrated every day, so we have generally been back at the room around 1-2. I will be emailing the resort manager about some very helpful cast members on Tuesday who went above and beyond the norm to help him. With only a few hours in the park each day, we have spent the afternoons napping. Have a safe trip home. Hope to see you next time.🙁❤️

Btw, if any one is here and so inclined, stop by and say hello. It is just hubby and I celebrating our 30th and you can’t miss us. We always sit on the Beach Club side of SAB at a table with Beaches and Cream behind us. We have the fancy plastic wine and champagne glasses.
I am so glad that I was able to meet you this afternoon. I wish we had met sooner. ): We will try again next time or trips overlap.

I am so glad that I was able to meet you this afternoon. I wish we had met sooner. ): We will try again next time or trips overlap.
I literally logged in to say the same thing. Was so nice to finally meet you. My bad...I knew our trips overlapped early and didn’t get a new password to log in to post soon enough. I will totally look for you again on the BOG board. I can tell you now, we will be here in April and around the same week in October 2021. That has become our recent travel pattern. When we are here we usually spend a week plus because we drive from the mid-Atlantic region. Would love to spend some real quality time with you and your “others” whoever they may be or any others who have a fondness for Y&B

We just booked a cabana for Saturday 11/21 & Saturday 11/28. We'll be at BCV for 2.5 weeks then Kidani for another week, so we'll have plenty of park time - we figured Saturdays will be busiest so we'll try for some pool days. Hoping for good weather, I know November can be tricky.

I already had a cabana booked for 11/17 and just booked another full day for 11/19. We love the cabanas and they even had our usual #3 for both days!!!! My dog has been sick, I feel like I need to just collapse into the cabana and relax for a while. Hopefully, he will be all better by the time we have to go or we will have to skip the trip.

Page 1718

Can anyone help me out please and tell me how far in advance I can book the cabanas at Stormalong Bay please? Can I call from the UK? Is it the usual WDW contact number please?

For a half day next September would you recommend a morning or an afternoon please? Does it usually rain more in the afternoons or doesn't the timings make much of a difference? Sorry for the twenty questions! Many thanks

I don't believe I have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you for September. Yacht Club?

I have kind of lost track on the cabana info, but I think it is 60 days, no idea on the phone number when calling from the UK, and as others have indicated, you can currently only book for a full day. I guess it will be several months before you are able to reserve one for your trip.

:beach:

I was told, rather rudely, by one of the bartenders, "If it's not on the menu, we don't make it - we don't normally work here!" However, I'm sure if you see Tom at HH, he will happily make you a Sunken Treasure. He's been the main bartender at HH for a long time and is very well versed with the menu items, new and old! We traveled 10/10-10/16, so this was rather recently.

Black Cherry Lemonades are a big hit with our group - also not on the menu - but Tom makes a mean one!

Thanks for sharing your experience and recommendation.

Yes, Tom is awesome!

The Sunken Treasure has had such a rollercoaster run. Was popular, then discontinued, then brought back following guest uproar, then disappeared again

The Black Cherry Lemonade sounds lovely!

:drinking1

Joining this thread as it looks like we (me sfbank and DH IowaHawkeye) will be staying here next October. At first I was looking as a placeholder until the Boardwalk opens back up. Now with that not happening in the foreseeable future and watching videos I am starting to like the Yacht Club more and more. Will jump on club level if it opens back up Our dates are Oct 19-Oct 30.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

I posted this on the Here on Now thread:

We returned home last night (Oct 30th) from our stay at the Yacht Club. We took Southwest Airlines out of Chicago Midway on Sunday morning, Oct 25th. Midway was empty and everyone wore masks. Orlando airport was also empty, including the Magical Express area in the airport. Our bus was half full and we were the second stop, after Pop Century.

In short, our experience at WDW felt very safe. We noticed that mask compliance was excellent for the most part, especially at our resort. We also noticed that when people were eating and drinking with masks off they tended to be stationary and sitting. But we mostly left the parks by noon because it was so very hot while we were there. So that reduced our exposure.

In general, the parks had low crowds. For example, we went to Epcot on Thursday when park hours were 11am to 7pm and we have never seen it that empty. There were 17 people in the American Experience 11:45am show, for example. We went back in the park around 4pm and Soarin', Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth and Test Track were all walk ons. When we were there Sunday afternoon and evening, it was a lot more crowded.

What I missed most from the pre-Covid days was seeing people's faces, talking to strangers, and feeling free to interact with the people around us. Instead, it was as if people were dangerous and you had to stay away from them. You couldn't see people's smiles.

Bottom line for us was that Disney did a very good job at minimizing risks from Covid. But success relied on people volunteering to comply with the rules. We got lucky and had a great experience. But we also were very careful, too. We haven't decided if we will be back again during the Covid restrictions. We have annual passes that expire in May, so we can wait awhile.

We enjoyed our stay at the Yacht Club. We told the manager that we were impressed at how good mask compliance was in the resort area. People were wearing masks even when they were walking around the Boardwalk with no one anywhere near us. We had breakfast every morning at Beach Club marketplace because they have a bigger selection of foods, and most mornings it was almost empty. Some mornings we were the only ones eating breakfast at the outside tables.

The Yacht Club bus depot had two lines set up for MK and AK. You stood to the left for MK and the right for AK with "stand here" markings on the sidewalk. We had great luck with buses. The park buses were fairly empty , when we went to MK on Tuesday and Friday morning and AK on Wednesday morning. The most people we ever had on a bus we took was ten people. But we got lucky with the parks we chose and the times we went. Some people had to wait for a second bus to MK.

I literally logged in to say the same thing. Was so nice to finally meet you. My bad...I knew our trips overlapped early and didn’t get a new password to log in to post soon enough. I will totally look for you again on the BOG board. I can tell you now, we will be here in April and around the same week in October 2021. That has become our recent travel pattern. When we are here we usually spend a week plus because we drive from the mid-Atlantic region. Would love to spend some real quality time with you and your “others” whoever they may be or any others who have a fondness for Y&B
That is the second time we were thinking the same thoughts at the same time. ;) I am so very glad I decided to try and find the table with the plastic champagne glass while we were waiting for the Magical Express. It was worth it and I wish we could have talked for a longer time. ::yes::

We have gone to WDW two years in a row at the end of October and it is a good time to go there. I hope everything is back to normal by then. It is always fun to meet Dis friends. We have done it many times. :)

With only a few hours in the park each day, we have spent the afternoons napping. Have a safe trip home. Hope to see you next time.🙁
I'm sorry that we missed you. We also spent a lot of afternoons either napping, or at the pool. We were at Storm Along Bay when the only rain of our trip sent many people running for cover. We stayed dry under the umbrella at our table on what I call tree island. We really enjoyed that afternoon. I also went swimming at the Yacht Club quiet pool while I did a load of laundry. If you want to social distance to the extreme then head to the quiet pool. It had very few people to no people at all there. The hot weather made the air conditioned resort room a very appealing place to be.

The Yacht Club bus depot had two lines set up for MK and AK. You stood to the left for MK and the right for AK with "stand here" markings on the sidewalk. We had great luck with buses. The park buses were fairly empty , when we went to MK on Tuesday and Friday morning and AK on Wednesday morning. The most people we ever had on a bus we took was ten people. But we got lucky with the parks we chose and the times we went. Some people had to wait for a second bus to MK.

Glad to hear they have two separate lines. I didn‘t notice two lines when I was there in September, but I only rode the bus once and was first in line for AK. By the time the first bus came, the line stretched all the way back to the lobby.

Glad you had a great trip!

Glad to hear they have two separate lines. I didn‘t notice two lines when I was there in September, but I only rode the bus once and was first in line for AK. By the time the first bus came, the line stretched all the way back to the lobby.

Glad you had a great trip!
I thought that it was a great idea to have the two separate lines. The Beach Club didn't do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter