Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

This will be our first time to the resort - DH and I love a fun mixed drink -
What are some recommendations from HH? I love a Pina Colavva but I can get that anywhere - anyone have any faves or must orders for vacation mode?

Thanks!
The CAT 5, of course!

Also, granted you can get it anywhere but DW and I swear the Frose tastes better from HH. Don’t know if it’s just the setting, the memories, the state of mind, or what, butit’s always so tasty on a hot day at SAB.
Their Category 5 is yummy!

The Category 5 is a GREAT suggestion, especially if you can't get a Sunken Treasure.

:drinking1

DSCF0813.jpg

The Category 5:

Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, Bols Creme Banana, Bols Peach Schnapps, Orange & Pineapple Juice, Splash of Grenadine, float of Goslings 151 Rum

The Category 5 is a GREAT suggestion, especially if you can't get a Sunken Treasure.

:drinking1

DSCF0813.jpg

The Category 5:

Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, Bols Creme Banana, Bols Peach Schnapps, Orange & Pineapple Juice, Splash of Grenadine, float of Goslings 151 Rum

that is just a dream right there hahah thank you!

I will say that I feel like the walls here are the thinnest we have dealt with on property. Our neighbors are extremely chatty and I feel like we are part of their room. Every night beginning around now, until at least 11, it sounds like they are having a party. A little bit of noise is fine every now and then, but we have never heard our neighbors like this before. I can currently clearly hear every word being said, even though I’m on the bed, completely on the opposite wall.

I will say that I feel like the walls here are the thinnest we have dealt with on property. Our neighbors are extremely chatty and I feel like we are part of their room. Every night beginning around now, until at least 11, it sounds like they are having a party. A little bit of noise is fine every now and then, but we have never heard our neighbors like this before. I can currently clearly hear every word being said, even though I’m on the bed, completely on the opposite wall.
I had a problem with noisy neighbors in the adjacent room, who started making noise in their room daily at 5:30 a.m., at 6:45 a.m. in the public corridor, when they came back to the room at 10:30 p.m., and till they went to sleep at about 11:00 p.m.

It sounded like there were two moms and their elementary school-aged kids. There was no control over the noise - whether while in their room or out in the hallway. Like you, I could hear much of their conversations and knew a couple of the kids’ names, after one day.

If you will be there for at least a few more days, let the front desk know about your problem. They will offer you a room change and/or let your neighbors know they need to be more quiet. If the guests still don’t comply, they will be given a final warning. Security can verify extreme noise levels, especially at times when many are trying to sleep, by merely standing outside the door. If they hear loud noise levels, they will knock on the door to give the guests a warning.

BTW, the BC rooms have the same lack of soundproofing as the YC rooms.

The CMs will try to resolve your problem, but you have to let them know about the issue. If you just call the “front desk” on the room phone, you will reach a call center. They will assist, but speaking directly to someone at the actual front desk will produce an immediate response.

Last edited:

I had a problem with noisy neighbors in the adjacent room, who started making noise in their room daily at 5:30 a.m., at 6:45 a.m. in the public corridor, when they came back to the room at 10:30 p.m., and till they went to sleep at about 11:00 p.m.

It sounded like there were two moms and their kids. The kids sounded like elementary school age. There was no control over the noise - whether while in their room or out in the hallway. Like you, I could hear much of their conversation and knew a couple of the kids’s names, after one day.

If you will be there for at least a few more days, let the front desk know about your problem. They will offer you a room change and/or let your neighbors know they need to be more quiet. If the guests still don’t comply, they will be given a final warning. Security can verify extreme noise levels, especially at times when many are trying to sleep, by merely standing outside the door. If they hear loud noise levels, they will knock on the door to give the guests a warning.

BTW, the BC rooms have the same lack of soundproofing as the YC rooms.

The CMs will try to resolve your problem, but you have to let them know about the issue. If you just call the “front desk” on the room phone, you will reach a call center. They will assist, but speaking directly to someone at the actual front desk will produce an immediate response.

Yeah...we are here until the 6th, so we have awhile.

Yeah...we are here until the 6th, so we have awhile.

You can let the front desk know about the problem and ask when your neighbors’ checkout date is.

For the $$$ you are spending to stay there, you are entitled to a reasonably quiet environment.

Hope this gets resolved for you, soon.

You can let the front desk know about the problem and ask when your neighbors’ checkout date is.

For the $$$ you are spending to stay there, you are entitled to a reasonably quiet environment.

Hope this gets resolved for you, soon.

I appreciate that. That's more or less my thoughts, as well. It honestly sounds like a college party. I hadn't thought about asking when they leave. That's a good idea!

Remote learning? :)

Wouldn’t be surprised. Took 2 trips downstairs for them to actually send someone up. We have listened to them murder all of Taylor Swift’s songs at this point.

We are moving rooms, but not until tomorrow. Seems pretty full.

When I asked if they would be leaving soon, I was told “it’s going to be awhile”, so waiting them out isn’t an option. This totally stinks because we had a great location for our room.

Wouldn’t be surprised. Took 2 trips downstairs for them to actually send someone up. We have listened to them murder all of Taylor Swift’s songs at this point.

We are moving rooms, but not until tomorrow. Seems pretty full.

When I asked if they would be leaving soon, I was told “it’s going to be awhile”, so waiting them out isn’t an option. This totally stinks because we had a great location for our room.
FWIW...we had very thin walls at GF both times we stayed there. First time, very loud adults that partied into the late hour. Talked to the manager and she went up to their room...it was trashed. We were moved. 2nd stay we could hear entire phone conversations and a baby that cried all night.

I have always had this complain about YC, paper thin walls. On my trip in August they just made an already bad room worse(lots of stuff was broken in our room, and only one thing got fixed with lots of excuses from the manager). I could deal with it last summer when I went, aside from one loud football game, and the guy that got up to pee everymorning at exactly 7 am, my neighbors were pretty quiet. BUT in August I had a family who yelled a lot and then decided on the last day their kid needed a whistle. It also rained a bunch that afternoon so they ended up in their room all afternoon post whistle purchase. When they would fight I could feel my anxiety going up. Just hoping I have quiet neighbors during my trip over Thanksgiving (aside from the thin walls I do love the resort, but the neighbors can make or break a trip for sure).

We couldn’t help but laugh... during our Labor Day trip to YC we became well aware of the nightly bathroom habits of those above and around us. :rotfl:

Guy somewhere around us must have been well hydrating during the day, that’s all I’ll say.

Although in fairness, I could make the same observation about many modern hotels, so not unique to YC.

One other comment about the YC rooms - while I have not had that same experience that others have reported with noisy neighbors, has anyone else noticed the back wall in the closet? Wooden coat hangers make a whole lot of noise when they crash against the wooden back wall.... When I saw (heard) this happen the first time I tried to make a mental note to be more careful when removing clothes from the hangers so they wouldn't swing back and hit the wall.... I don't think I had any neighbors that trip (it was club level right after Thanksgiving - so a more quiet time then). But I remember thinking how loud the noise was and tried to be careful anyway.

We couldn’t help but laugh... during our Labor Day trip to YC we became well aware of the nightly bathroom habits of those above and around us. :rotfl:

Guy somewhere around us must have been well hydrating during the day, that’s all I’ll say.

Although in fairness, I could make the same observation about many modern hotels, so not unique to YC.
I'm about to first world problem complain for a second, so bear with me lol. I have gotten so used to my "special" rooms (garden cottages at BWI, and the king deluxe rooms in RPC that don't share a wall with another room) that I have a really hard time with surrounding noise now. I've gotten way too spoiled by the quiet, but I am generally willing to put up with regular noise. It's the people who seem to think they live in a sound proof bubble that really grind my gears. Too bad I can't book any of my favorite rooms right now , maybe one day.

One other comment about the YC rooms - while I have not had that same experience that others have reported with noisy neighbors, has anyone else noticed the back wall in the closet? Wooden coat hangers make a whole lot of noise when they crash against the wooden back wall.... When I saw (heard) this happen the first time I tried to make a mental note to be more careful when removing clothes from the hangers so they wouldn't swing back and hit the wall.... I don't think I had any neighbors that trip (it was club level right after Thanksgiving - so a more quiet time then). But I remember thinking how loud the noise was and tried to be careful anyway.
Yes! I noticed this on my first trip post renovation and have no made it a habit to very gently remove my clothes from the hangers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter