Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have a cabana booked for that Sunday as well. Fingers crossed for great weather.
Yes! I'm hoping for a full pool day with nice weather. Please say hi. We'll be the family with tall teenage boys and a toddler daughter. We joke that we had our own grandchild. ;)

We had to move our trip originally scheduled for late October. We will now be there at the Yacht Club from Nov 10-18. Praying the Cruise Cup will open up :)

Brand new furniture has been placed in the YC lobby, as well as the 2nd floor landing. I wonder how long the off-white furniture will remain off-white and stain-free. The globe apparently will no longer be located in the center of the lobby, but off to the side, near the staircase. The area at the front desk/concierge is blocked with a construction wall. The area rugs apparently are also being replaced. The new look is very "adult" and upscale traditional.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Brand new furniture has been placed in the YC lobby, as well as the 2nd floor landing. I wonder how long the off-white furniture will remain off-white and stain-free. The globe apparently will no longer be located in the center of the lobby, but off to the side, near the staircase. The area at the front desk/concierge is blocked with a construction wall. The area rugs apparently are also being replaced. The new look is very "adult" and upscale traditional.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
The furniture looks nice, but I agree about the color choice—that’s not going to stay fresh for long. I’m not sure I can get used to the globe being anywhere but right in the middle of the entrance though.

I'm planning on walking to DHS for at least two mornings on an upcoming YC stay-- is there a certain portion of the resort I should request a room in that would shorten the walk a bit? I've heard some resorts have restrictions right now with only being able to enter the hotel through the main lobby; not sure if YC is one of them.

BUT DID THEY KEEP THE MONKEY LAMP???????

WP_20150829_032.jpg

Beach Club Marketplace Info (Historical Purposes)

The Marketplace serves made to order items, grab and go selections and also has sundries.

The Marketplace is open from 6 am to 7 am for coffee and drink refills only
Breakfast is served from 7 am to 11 am
Lunch/Dinner Entrees are served from 11 am to 11 pm

Marketplace Breakfast Menu

Marketplace Lunch/Dinner Menu

Menu Changes at Yacht & Beach Club Restaurants
(March 2019)

******* Mickey Waffles now available, June 2016 ***************

Check out the links to these threads with pictures of the Marketplace menus and many of the food selections:
Beach Club Marketplace Thread and All NEW BC Marketplace Photo and Information Thread updated October 2012, pictures added August 2014 (page 4)

Here is a menu listing from the allears website: Beach Club Marketplace Menu

Review of the Beach Club Marketplace from the The Disney Food Blog
Lots of information about ingredients in the baked good and links to resources within Disney for families with food allergies or special dietary needs.

BreakfastPlatteriluvpluto27.jpg

IMG_2226-1.jpg
Marketplacepizza-1.jpg

Thanks for the breakfast picture, iluvpluto27 and for the flatbread picture, sinderelly!

Reviews of Ale & Compass Restaurant 🍽
Linked to Page 1, Post 7

Reviews of Ale & Compass, January 2018

We had dinner there (Ale & Compass) a couple nights ago. I didn’t even notice the lack of bread, lol. I had the lobster/clams and DH had a T bone. We are on the DDP so I feel it was a good use of TS credits. Although DH enjoyed his meal a lot, he felt it wasn’t the best steak he had on this trip. Service was good, drinks were good and we enjoyed our dessert. Since we’re at YC it was nice to not have to venture too far. If you’re on the dining plan we’d definitely recommend it, and even paying cash it was fine.

We had a great dinner there (Ale & Compass) when we were there two weeks ago.
We had the Roasted Garlic shrimp and Parker house rolls as Starters. Both were really good.
My wife had the Smoked Barbecue porkchop and I had the 16oz T-Bone. Both were excellent! My wife's only complaint was they put too much sauce onthe pork chop and it would have been better on the side. My T-Bone was cooked perfectly and was delicious.

The service was very attentive. Although the dining room is a bit loud. I recommend it.

🍽

I like the new furniture a lot! It definitely was time for an update. It will be interesting to see how long it stays nice and white like it is now.

Love the new look. That is one of the resons we like the YC...it does have a more adult look and feel.

Are there REALLY Minnie waffles???? I will totally change my reservation to there! My daughter will be over the moon!!!

Yes some of the waffle iron plates are minnie, some are mickey. You don't order at the counter anymore so you get what you get. Odds are high that you'd end up with at least 1 minnie on the plate.

There is definitely a new look to the waffles, they are deep dark brown, they look burnt if you didn't know there was a new mix. But they smell really good and apparently taste like pancakes now. I only took one little bite the other day and frankly can't remember if I liked it or not. It has been a very hectic couple of days. LOL

There are more changes at B&C, including new costumes/uniforms, which look very boring and dull, IMO. The theming does not match to a soda fountain, especially those newsboy caps! I feel sorry for the female CMs, who need to wear those outfits. The shirt fabric is very thin and semi-transparent, making their bra visible (notably visible on another blog, which is not allowed to be posted on the DIS). I usually think that Disney’s costume designers do an excellent job, but not this time. A couple more changes noted in the article, as well as photos.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...ext-visit-to-disney-worlds-beaches-and-cream/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter