Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone heard if they are close to opening up Beach Club Marketplace? We arrive in a few days and I was hoping that it would be open when we arrive. Last I heard was end of Sept and we are fast approaching that date.
Does anyone know what exactly they are remodeling/changing?

Has anyone heard if they are close to opening up Beach Club Marketplace? We arrive in a few days and I was hoping that it would be open when we arrive. Last I heard was end of Sept and we are fast approaching that date.
Does anyone know what exactly they are remodeling/changing?

When do you arrive? It is 'supposed' to be open by Saturday but we will see.

As for changes:
no more freestyles
new beverage island area
all new paint and flooring
new cooler
new ovens at food counter
coffee is moved away from the soda fountains
mobile order

The new menu is already posted on the Disney website.

As for changes:
no more freestyles
new beverage island area
new cooler
mobile order

Instead of freestyle, do you know what is going in? Nothing? Are they just refilling your cup for you? or only bottled drinks?

Last edited:

As for changes:
no more freestyles
new beverage island area
new cooler
mobile order

Thanks! We arrive Thursday for 9 nights. Hopefully they do some soft openings this week.

I searched but couldn't find/missed the info.

Do the rooms at Yacht Club currently have coffee makers, and if so, what type?

Thanks.

I know the reports recently at the parks are of bigger crowds than a month or so ago. How about at the Yacht Club? For those who have been recently, how crowded did the resort and the resort amenities feel to you?

As for changes:
no more freestyles
new beverage island area
new cooler
mobile order

Thanks for posting the update. The menu certainly has changed; I never realized there were so many variations on Mac ‘n Cheese!

The BC Marketplace menu shows a large selection of alcoholic beverages, now - beers, wines, and canned cocktails. 🍺🍾🍸

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/beach-club-resort/beach-club-marketplace/menus/dinner/

I know the reports recently at the parks are of bigger crowds than a month or so ago. How about at the Yacht Club? For those who have been recently, how crowded did the resort and the resort amenities feel to you?

We were at YC Labor Day weekend (note, a busy holiday weekend). If I had to size it up, I would say that on the whole, things around the resort felt relatively normal crowd wise, if not a little ‘more’ crowded at select times. SAB hit capacity a few brief times over that weekend (I was glad we had rented a cabana).

While we mostly didn’t encounter elevator lines, we sometimes did (I’m talking 3-6 groups deep, nothing crazy - but it’s something new for sure).

Hurricane Hannah’s lines during the day were pretty rough, if I’m honest. That was probably my least favorite byproduct of the current circumstances.

The Market at Ale & Compass often “looked” quite busy with the line spilling into the hallway. We never ordered/bought anything there so I can’t comment on actual wait times.

I had some things that required a few front desk visits and there always seemed to be a decent line every time I was there - it was crowds plus the current work around the front desk area has things a little cramped/wonky.

My Sunday morning run felt like normal times, many friendly runners out.

May have just been our particular room location, but I felt our room was noisier than past YC stays. With less park time and no nighttime park entertainment, people are generally “around” the resort/their rooms more and I think that tends to lead to the chance of hearing noise from your neighbors.

I guess the above is reading negative, but it really wasn’t. Frankly in many/most ways, it felt like a normal YC stay, with IMO my only true/legitimate gripe being the lengthy lines at HH. But again, I’ll caveat it being a holiday weekend, so YMMV.

We enjoyed our visit and wouldn’t hesitate to go back.

Whoever shared the BC Marketplace menu, thank you! My boys will love all the macaroni and cheese options.

Also, is Disney getting rid of the Freestyle machines across property? I’m not a fan of them, but everyone else in my family loves them.

We just returned home from the YC on Friday and the crowds were very low. Lots of seating available around the pools and I don't think the rooms on either side of us had guests in them

The flat bread pizzas are gone!!! Of course, because they were good, they had to be removed. Looks like they'll have chalk bricks for breakfast (aka covid-era mickey waffles; see my dining thread on these disgusting knockoff lookalikes)

But really.. Mac n cheese instead of the last decent disney pizzas in existence? What a travesty. :sad2:. Shame shame shame.

How do masks factor in when running on property. I don’t know if I could hack it in a mask while on a run

Seems a YMMV topic on other threads - a recreation CM manager at BLT in July told me masks were not required while running (only to/from said activity), but others have been told the opposite.

Personally, I ran a few times with a mask around BLT in July just because I wanted to try it and that path does share a walkway that was was pretty well-trafficked by CMs during shift change in the morning, so it sort of felt like I should/the right thing to do. I found I could make it about 30 minutes, but once wet it was very tough, at least for me.

In stays at BLT/Poly in July and YC in Sept, I would say most runners did not wear masks. Some did. Some I’d see with gaiters and they’d pull them up before passing. Actual numbers are dangerous since it’s all moment in time stuff, but I’d say 90-95% no mask, 5-10% mask in my experience.

It seemed typical runner’s etiquette was the main rule - wide berths, leave lots of space, no need to jump right in front of someone you’re passing, etc. Just common sense stuff.

For reference, my runs were mostly 6am’ish, so, very early when it’s pretty much just you and other runners.

Hope that helps.

Seems a YMMV topic on other threads - a recreation CM manager at BLT in July told me masks were not required while running (only to/from said activity), but others have been told the opposite.

Personally, I ran a few times with a mask around BLT in July just because I wanted to try it and that path does share a walkway that was was pretty well-trafficked by CMs during shift change in the morning, so it sort of felt like I should/the right thing to do. I found I could make it about 30 minutes, but once wet it was very tough, at least for me.

In stays at BLT/Poly in July and YC in Sept, I would say most runners did not wear masks. Some did. Some I’d see with gaiters and they’d pull them up before passing. Actual numbers are dangerous since it’s all moment in time stuff, but I’d say 90-95% no mask, 5-10% mask in my experience.

It seemed typical runner’s etiquette was the main rule - wide berths, leave lots of space, no need to jump right in front of someone you’re passing, etc. Just common sense stuff.

For reference, my runs were mostly 6am’ish, so, very early when it’s pretty much just you and other runners.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! We have been debating how we will get our runs in. We both just started running after the lockdown started, and this will be our first trip where we’d like to keep the exercise up.

Thanks! We have been debating how we will get our runs in. We both just started running after the lockdown started, and this will be our first trip where we’d like to keep the exercise up.

The Epcot/Crescent Lake resorts are great for running, IMO. Between the loop around the lake and out/back to DHS, you can cover some ground and have great scenery along the way. There’s something very peaceful/serene about getting out in the still of the morning just before the sun rises and getting some miles in and there always seem to be other runners out.

We were at YC Labor Day weekend (note, a busy holiday weekend). If I had to size it up, I would say that on the whole, things around the resort felt relatively normal crowd wise, if not a little ‘more’ crowded at select times. SAB hit capacity a few brief times over that weekend (I was glad we had rented a cabana).

While we mostly didn’t encounter elevator lines, we sometimes did (I’m talking 3-6 groups deep, nothing crazy - but it’s something new for sure).

Hurricane Hannah’s lines during the day were pretty rough, if I’m honest. That was probably my least favorite byproduct of the current circumstances.

The Market at Ale & Compass often “looked” quite busy with the line spilling into the hallway. We never ordered/bought anything there so I can’t comment on actual wait times.

I had some things that required a few front desk visits and there always seemed to be a decent line every time I was there - it was crowds plus the current work around the front desk area has things a little cramped/wonky.

My Sunday morning run felt like normal times, many friendly runners out.

May have just been our particular room location, but I felt our room was noisier than past YC stays. With less park time and no nighttime park entertainment, people are generally “around” the resort/their rooms more and I think that tends to lead to the chance of hearing noise from your neighbors.

I guess the above is reading negative, but it really wasn’t. Frankly in many/most ways, it felt like a normal YC stay, with IMO my only true/legitimate gripe being the lengthy lines at HH. But again, I’ll caveat it being a holiday weekend, so YMMV.

We enjoyed our visit and wouldn’t hesitate to go back.
Thank you. That's very helpful. We have a split stay that starts Oct.11 (Columbus Day weekend) at BLT but will move to YC on Oct. 15 to stay through Oct. 19. We did book a cabana for Sunday, as we plan a pool day and I just find it worth it to our family to know we have a dedicated area. We do plan a couple of resort days, so I'm interested in how it is all flowing there. Any idea of when the front desk work will be finished?

We just returned home from the YC on Friday and the crowds were very low. Lots of seating available around the pools and I don't think the rooms on either side of us had guests in them
Thank you. There still seems to be a decent amount of availability during the dates of our stay in 2.5 weeks. Maybe we'll luck out with a similar experience to yours!

What does YMMV mean? My brain has clearly turned to mush and I can’t think what it is! :scared1: :rotfl:I’m sad the flatbreads are gone They were always a tasty poolside snack for us :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter