Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have a YC stay in September And we will have our car. On arrival day we are doing HS. Should we park at the YC and take the Skyliner or walk to HS? Would it be better to just drive ourselves to the park? Is parking at HS a pain In the am if you’re trying to get a RoR bp?
I would walk to HS. It's almost the same distance to the skyline as it is to HS from YC side - maybe a 1/4 mile longer to walk if that

Will SAB be open to the guest of the BWVs since they are taking their slide out for refurb during October? This is a game changer.

What slide Refurb? If you are a guest at BWVs you should be able to use SAB.
That is what I am thinking. October 5th-30th. With being at the Yacht during Columbus Day weekend and it probably already being crowded and with reduced capacity in the pool, adding more guest from the Boardwalk may make me reconsider my trip.

~ Can anyone been there lately that can tell me where I buy my refillable mug, and is it the Halloween one yet?

You already got good answers to your questions, but I did want to add that over at the Boardwalk Bakery they did have the Halloween mugs this evening, so it’s a good bet you can get one at Ale & Compass Marketplace too, especially by the time you get here. Have fun!

Agreed that walking is fastest/easiest.

Also apologies if I was mistaken on the bus, I could've sworn I saw them when we were there last week - can anyone currently there confirm/deny?

Skyliner is Disney’s “official” (loose word) transportation substitute for the Friendship Boats at the moment. If the Skyliner is down for weather or whatnot, I “assume” (although don’t know this for fact) that they shift some buses into service. Perhaps that is what was going on when you saw a DHS bus? Just throwing out ideas, again I’m not sure if they are or not, or if the default for weather is just you have to walk.

Skyliner is Disney’s “official” (loose word) transportation substitute for the Friendship Boats at the moment. If the Skyliner is down for weather or whatnot, I “assume” (although don’t know this for fact) that they shift some buses into service. Perhaps that is what was going on when you saw a DHS bus? Just throwing out ideas, again I’m not sure if they are or not, or if the default for weather is just you have to walk.

I know they have been using the Boardwalk for relief buses from Epcot to the skyliner resorts so that guests at those resorts can use the IG. But, I don’t know if there has been buses running to or from the Studios for BWV or YC/BCV.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to see a pic of the new chair type tubes at SAB if you happen to get over there. They weren’t using them last time we were there and I could never get comfortable in the round ones so I usually just floated without one in the lazy river. They may have to remove my water pruned body as I’m not sure I will ever want to get out of the new floats if they are as comfy as reported.

Here you go! New one on top of old one:

PS. Sorry if I distrbed someone’s floats to get the picture! I didn’t realize they were spoken for until I moved it and saw some shoes underneath! Many apologies!

Great! Let me know what the SAB crowds are like if you get the chance and your experience (if any) with walk-up to Ale and Compass Restaurant. Have a great time!

The times I have walked by SAB, it hasn’t appeared crowded at all, but I have only been here since Monday. I’m pretty sure there were plenty of open loungers. Probably won’t try to walk up to Ale & Compass, but checked for reservations tonight and there weren’t any available on short notice. There were also a bunch of people in the lobby waiting to be seated there, so they did look rather busy. The lounge appeared to have some open seating though.

What slide Refurb? If you are a guest at BWVs you should be able to use SAB.
Here is my post from the Boardwalk Inn - Villas thread with the very recent announcement by Disney.
Resort Refurbishment

Luna Park Pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort may look a little funny this fall as work takes place on the Keister Coaster waterslide. We expect the waterslide to be unavailable October 5 through October 30—though dates are subject to change.

Work in the pool area will continue through November. Luna Park Pool, as well as 2 leisure pools at this Resort hotel, will remain open during this refurbishment.

Source:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-boardwalk

Dave

Here is my post from the Boardwalk Inn - Villas thread with the very recent announcement by Disney.

Dave
Right. I think a holiday weekend, decreased capacity at the pool and an addition of BW guest will make for a miserable time at SAB. Am I wrong on this?

I doubt guests from BWV will be able to use SAB or it would have been indicated by Disney as they did when SAB was closed earlier. Only the Luna Park Slide will be closed.

The last time guests from BWI / BWV were able to use SAB was pre pandemic and was when the entire Luna Park pool was closed for refurbishment they even had Golf Carts to take guests back and forth.

Dave

I doubt guests from BWV will be able to use SAB or it would have been indicated by Disney as they did when SAB was closed earlier. Only the Luna Park Slide will be closed.

The last time guests from BWI / BWV were able to use SAB was pre pandemic and was when the entire Luna Park pool was closed for refurbishment they even had Golf Carts to take guests back and forth.

Dave
I guess I will just wait and see if Disney makes it clear in the next few days. Do you think I am right about the possible scenario of it being way too crowded during that time if they were allowed to use SAB?

Well Labor Day weekend set the bar for SAB busy so far but it is also the last major weekend before the rest of the schools that did not start in August finally start back to classes.

It is really hard to know at this point what the booking are for the YC / BCV vs the reduced park hours. And the weather in mid October can be great or rainy as we are still in peak hurricane season.

Dave

Well Labor Day weekend set the bar for SAB busy so far but it is also the last major weekend before the rest of the schools that did not start in August finally start back to classes.

It is really hard to know at this point what the booking are for the YC / BCV vs the reduced park hours. And the weather in mid October can be great or rainy as we are still in peak hurricane season.

Dave
Yes, good point about the weather. But I can cancel up until the day before and if there is set to be horrible weather, I will do just that. This will be a SAB focused trip, so weather and the possibility of extra resort guest there could be a game changer.

Jumping off the question posed by @NanetteG is the shower room by SAB closed now? We used that shower after our check out day swim pre-Covid. We aren’t back until January, but I was wondering. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter