Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

What is the appropriate tip for a cabana server? Thanks!
So we tipped our server on the food etc they served somewhere around 40%- but she did do a couple of extras for us. Soft drinks and waters were already stocked by the main attendant who checked us in (different from the server). I can’t remember if we tipped them. I remember asking one of the rec managers whether they should be tipped (some cast are not allowed to accept tips) and I don’t remember whether it was a yes or not. Who knows what the process is in COVID times.

Not to be too descriptive/personal about a CM, but is Danni 20s’ish, darker hair, with a bit of a raspy voice?

If it’s who I’m thinking of we had her on two rentals last year and she was fantastic, best we’ve ever had at SAB. I’m blanking on her name at the moment but Danni seems to sound familiar. We were bummed she wasn’t there when we were there a few weeks ago. Sorry to hear she no longer works there.

Definitely 20’s, very very outgoing but her hair was kind of dirty blond, longish and curly. I’m not sure if she still works there or not. We will find out when we head back down. All I know is she hustles.

I will say we are DVC members and what has kept us coming back are the cast members. We spend a lot of time at SAB, including resort only stays recently, and it breaks my heart to see so many of our favorites have been moved around.

Could you find out the nearest place to purchase bottled water in cases? They usually have it at the YC gift shop but wanted to check. ty :flower3:

OK, so this was my quest last night. First I tried Ale & Compass Marketplace, no surprise, only single bottles. Then the Solarium temporary Marketplace at BC, no luck at that time (Surprised by that). Found some at the Screen Door on the Boardwalk. It was a pack of 8 small bottles. After one day I have three left, so headed back to the Screen Door on my way back from Epcot. That is the closest to a “case” I could find. I think you can get a regular case at the Speedway gas station which is walking distance from the Boardwalk.

I will note that I was also looking for half-and-half, and saw none in the case at Screen Door. The CM there asked what I was looking for, and said that they were keeping some things in the back for now. He did have half and half but he had to fetch it. So if you don’t see something in the case, don’t be afraid to ask.

OK, so this was my quest last night. First I tried Ale & Compass Marketplace, no surprise, only single bottles. Then the Solarium temporary Marketplace at BC, no luck at that time (Surprised by that). Found some at the Screen Door on the Boardwalk. It was a pack of 8 small bottles. After one day I have three left, so headed back to the Screen Door on my way back from Epcot. That is the closest to a “case” I could find. I think you can get a regular case at the Speedway gas station which is walking distance from the Boardwalk.

I will note that I was also looking for half-and-half, and saw none in the case at Screen Door. The CM there asked what I was looking for, and said that they were keeping some things in the back for now. He did have half and half but he had to fetch it. So if you don’t see something in the case, don’t be afraid to ask.
Thanks so much. I also wanted to know about half and half so thanks for that too!

I was going to say that about packs of water bottles - if you don't see them out in the gift shop, ask a cast member. They may be hiding in the back.

Question - is there a room type that has more king beds than other types? It's just my husband and I, and I would prefer a single bed over 2 beds. Right now we have a Garden/Woods view.

I could also switch to Beach Club Villas and get a single Queen studio for a few bucks less.

While I don’t have any factual evidence, I feel like there’s more king beds at YC than at BC or some of the other deluxes, maybe due to the convention center? We’ve had great luck getting a king bed at YC, and we always book GV. We do make that our only request, and recently noticed that “king bed” now appears on the room request option popup menu during online checkin.

Definitely 20’s, very very outgoing but her hair was kind of dirty blond, longish and curly. I’m not sure if she still works there or not. We will find out when we head back down. All I know is she hustles.

I will say we are DVC members and what has kept us coming back are the cast members. We spend a lot of time at SAB, including resort only stays recently, and it breaks my heart to see so many of our favorites have been moved around.

Yep....she is about 26-27. Long naturally wavy/curly hair. ALWAYS went the extra mile...she is also one of the most giving persons I know with an incredible heart for others. She was our waitress one trip, but 3 trips later we are honored to call her a family friend. She is no longer employed by Disney :( Just sent her a message to let her know you guys have mentioned her...she loved her job and it showed in everything she did. She exemplified so much about Disney customer service.

I have seen drinks on the room service carts as they passed by so there are drinks to be ordered. I'm betting that they don't want to print options if the options may change due to availability.
The person ordering should ask what the current drink options are when they order.

Thank for this information! I was the the one who asked on the Restaurants board.. I really want a pot of coffee with my breakfast. Hoping they will deliver that. Just wasn’t sure if they were doing drinks, because of the strange times we are in. Glad to know you have seen some drinks on the carts!

Someone asked this on the Restaurants board and I didn’t know the answer. Has anyone ordered in-room dining at YC or BCV since reopening and ordered beverages (eg, pot of coffee, soft drinks, water, etc)? The in-room dining menu doesn’t list any beverages as an option, so not sure if that means they aren’t available or they just didn’t put them on the paper handout menu?

Thank you!

I asked this over there and I really appreciate you mentioning it here!

Working on the activities post on Page 1.

Movies are listed 4 nights a week, at the Beach Club Shipwreck beach. In the past, the viewing has been moved to the Solarium during inclement weather. I am assuming that these days, if there are storms, that this activity is cancelled.

Can anyone confirm this?

:thanks:

While I don’t have any factual evidence, I feel like there’s more king beds at YC than at BC or some of the other deluxes, maybe due to the convention center? We’ve had great luck getting a king bed at YC, and we always book GV. We do make that our only request, and recently noticed that “king bed” now appears on the room request option popup menu during online checkin.
Thanks! I did do my online checkin and picked King as my first request.

Last Day - Late Afternoon Flight: I estimate that DME will pick us up at YC around 2:00 for our 5:00 flight out of MCO. We would like to enjoy the pool that morning and I'd like to know if there will be facilities in which to change at the resort once our room has been released. Are the public restrooms open at the resort at the moment? What are our options these days? Thanks!

Last Day - Late Afternoon Flight: I estimate that DME will pick us up at YC around 2:00 for our 5:00 flight out of MCO. We would like to enjoy the pool that morning and I'd like to know if there will be facilities in which to change at the resort once our room has been released. Are the public restrooms open at the resort at the moment? What are our options these days? Thanks!

We did the same thing on departure day so confirming you are allowed to use SAB after check-out, and we changed in the restrooms right next to the main entrance.

Ok...Just moved our reservation from BC to YC for Nov 14-18. Frankly I hadn't been paying attention to the fact the BC never opened and started to do ADR and park reservations....so now for the 3rd fall in a row we are in! BCV in 18, Pop in 19 and YC now in 20. I am sure this one will be way different than the other 2

When I was there last year, there was a ladies' room in the BCV building, sort of around the corner from the check-in-desk (although note that there isn't necessarily a cast member working there, which doesn't impact your ability to use the bathroom but I don't want this taken out of context). The good news was that there wasn't anybody else in the bathroom at the time. The bad news was that it was hot as heck in there in August.

There are various other public restrooms - one near the BC lobby, one near the YC lobby, probably some near the pools but I haven't looked.

9 Days till DH and I arrive at the Yacht Club, we are only staying for 3 nights.... getting a SW:GE first look.... FINALLY!

Seems like a good number of things are still available at the resort.

~ Can anyone been there lately that can tell me where I buy my refillable mug, and is it the Halloween one yet?
~ Any word on the Steakhouse opening?
~ Is the transport still limited to walking, buses or Sky-lift to DHS?

Thanks in advance for anything you can fill me in on.... we are far from Disney Newbies but this is the first time we have stayed at this resort.

9 Days till DH and I arrive at the Yacht Club, we are only staying for 3 nights.... getting a SW:GE first look.... FINALLY!

Seems like a good number of things are still available at the resort.

~ Can anyone been there lately that can tell me where I buy my refillable mug, and is it the Halloween one yet?
~ Any word on the Steakhouse opening?

Thanks in advance for anything you can fill me in on.... we are far from Disney Newbies but this is the first time we have stayed at this resort.

-Refillable mugs are sold at the Ale & Compass Market - they have a ton of Halloween stuff but not a refillable mug that I saw (or see in the app for mobile order)
-No word on Yachtsman :(
-Yes DHS is either the walking path, bus, or convoluted Skyliner route from the IG

Have SO MUCH FUN! We had such a fantastic stay last week :)

-Yes DHS is either the walking path, bus, or convoluted Skyliner route from the IG

Unless I’m mistaken (which is very well possible), I don’t think a bus is available to DHS. It’s walk or Skyliner only at the moment, I think?

If you want to get to DHS from YC/BC/BCV, you either walk or take the Skyliner from IG (knowing that the Skyliner does not go directly from IG to DHS). Make sure you are aware of the timing on the Skyliner, I'm not sure how early it starts running from IG. There is no bus service from YC/BC/BCV to DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter