Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Dee, as feared, I have to ask you to please use your eraser and move our October trip. The border isn’t reopening yet (per our airline, which canceled our flights) so we’ve rescheduled...again.

Was Oct 8-12, now Feb 19-24 - still YC GV

Sigh.

In room dining is available at YC and BCV, but it’s only breakfast and dinner at the moment.

View attachment 525993

If looking for something besides HH, I’d mobile order from the Market at Ale & Compass and just walk over and pick it up. It’s a quick walk from the cabanas.
Thanks for the tip. In Room dining is listed as "temporarily unavailable on the pc but appears available on the app. I have not explored mobile ordering yet and didn't realize it was for carry-out. A lot has changed since we were there last! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. In Room dining is listed as "temporarily unavailable on the pc but appears available on the app. I have not explored mobile ordering yet and didn't realize it was for carry-out. A lot has changed since we were there last! Thanks again!

Just to clarify - the Yacht Club has a table service restaurant called Ale and Compass Restaurant.

The Yacht Club also has a quick service area in its gift shop which is called The Market at Ale and Compass. Pre-COVID, there were a few tables inside where you could take your food to eat it, or you could take it with you and eat it elsewhere. I don't know if those tables are still open now, because from what I recall there wouldn't be many left if you blocked some off for social distancing purposes.

PP suggested that if you had a cabana booked at Stormalong Bay, and you wanted something to eat but did not find anything tempting at Hurricane Hannah's, "mobile order from the Market at Ale & Compass and just walk over and pick it up." So PP was referring to the quick service area of the gift shop, not getting carry-out from the table service restaurant.

Mobile ordering on your phone is just for quick service restaurants. It is not for table service restaurants.

Someone asked this on the Restaurants board and I didn’t know the answer. Has anyone ordered in-room dining at YC or BCV since reopening and ordered beverages (eg, pot of coffee, soft drinks, water, etc)? The in-room dining menu doesn’t list any beverages as an option, so not sure if that means they aren’t available or they just didn’t put them on the paper handout menu?

Thank you!

This is one aspect we didn't think about when we made our AKL to BC to YC move. We like animals as well (we have our own menagerie including a dog) but the one thing that drives my wife nuts is dogs barking uncontrollably at night. I know the chances are slim that we would encounter this, but if we do I will be the one in the doghouse!
I just talked to a CM and was told GV rooms are the pet friendly rooms. We are booked GV and had her note to be away from a pet area. Water view is fully booked for our stay. I don't hate dogs, I just don't want to be around them on my vacation. Service dogs are well trained and not an issue since they don't bark or want to jump on you. Have enough issues with pet dogs in my neighborhood.

Lunch Options on Cabana Day? We have rented a cabana for a day, but with the Hurricane Hanna menu being so limited at the moment, I'm wondering what other lunch options may be available. I see conflicting information on whether room service is currently being offered at YC, but if it is, could I just order room service and have it delivered to the cabana? I had also thought about getting hamburgers to go from Beaches and Cream but it looks like their take out menu is limited to ice cream. I'd welcome any suggestions for lunch on our cabana day. Thanks!
Pre-COVID we were able to order from the room service menu and have it delivered directly to the cabana. We were also told they could pretty much accommodate any request from around the resort-she found sour cream for the nachos that was not included in those they used to do bar service only at HH’s and brought us cut fries from beaches and cream. However, that was an experienced poolside server whom we had gotten to know on several previous visits so YMMV. It’s always worth asking.

Just to clarify - the Yacht Club has a table service restaurant called Ale and Compass Restaurant.

The Yacht Club also has a quick service area in its gift shop which is called The Market at Ale and Compass. Pre-COVID, there were a few tables inside where you could take your food to eat it, or you could take it with you and eat it elsewhere. I don't know if those tables are still open now, because from what I recall there wouldn't be many left if you blocked some off for social distancing purposes.

PP suggested that if you had a cabana booked at Stormalong Bay, and you wanted something to eat but did not find anything tempting at Hurricane Hannah's, "mobile order from the Market at Ale & Compass and just walk over and pick it up." So PP was referring to the quick service area of the gift shop, not getting carry-out from the table service restaurant.

Mobile ordering on your phone is just for quick service restaurants. It is not for table service restaurants.
Thanks for the clarification! This will be our first visit to YC. Thanks again!

Pre-COVID we were able to order from the room service menu and have it delivered directly to the cabana. We were also told they could pretty much accommodate any request from around the resort-she found sour cream for the nachos that was not included in those they used to do bar service only at HH’s and brought us cut fries from beaches and cream. However, that was an experienced poolside server whom we had gotten to know on several previous visits so YMMV. It’s always worth asking.
Good to know! Thanks for the tip!

At the Yacht Club right now. If anyone has a question about what’s going on right now, I’ll be glad to try to find out the answer!
I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to see a pic of the new chair type tubes at SAB if you happen to get over there. They weren’t using them last time we were there and I could never get comfortable in the round ones so I usually just floated without one in the lazy river. They may have to remove my water pruned body as I’m not sure I will ever want to get out of the new floats if they are as comfy as reported.

Was that pool server Rocky? She was the best! When we stayed at YC 4 years ago she was not there, moved over to DS. I was hoping she was back.

Question - is there a room type that has more king beds than other types? It's just my husband and I, and I would prefer a single bed over 2 beds. Right now we have a Garden/Woods view.

I could also switch to Beach Club Villas and get a single Queen studio for a few bucks less.

Was that pool server Rocky? She was the best! When we stayed at YC 4 years ago she was not there, moved over to DS. I was hoping she was back.
Actually it was Danni, but Rocky was another of our favorites. And who knows how much of the pool deck she had to cover that day. I think she may have just had the cabanas and another small section. I always feel so bad for those servers on the deck as sometimes cast members call out and they end up covering a very large section of pool deck by themselves and people get so impatient and rude If they have to wait more than 5 minutes so we always tip very well, even if we just take a table and don’t order anything Since we bring a lot of our own alcohol. We usually order food but with the limited options not so sure about that for our October trip. And yes, Natebenma, we are on the BOG list. We are still tweaking dates slightly but they are close enough.

Someone asked this on the Restaurants board and I didn’t know the answer. Has anyone ordered in-room dining at YC or BCV since reopening and ordered beverages (eg, pot of coffee, soft drinks, water, etc)? The in-room dining menu doesn’t list any beverages as an option, so not sure if that means they aren’t available or they just didn’t put them on the paper handout menu?

Thank you!

I have seen drinks on the room service carts as they passed by so there are drinks to be ordered. I'm betting that they don't want to print options if the options may change due to availability.
The person ordering should ask what the current drink options are when they order.

Actually it was Danni, but Rocky was another of our favorites. And who knows how much of the pool deck she had to cover that day. I think she may have just had the cabanas and another small section. I always feel so bad for those servers on the deck as sometimes cast members call out and they end up covering a very large section of pool deck by themselves and people get so impatient and rude If they have to wait more than 5 minutes so we always tip very well, even if we just take a table and don’t order anything Since we bring a lot of our own alcohol. We usually order food but with the limited options not so sure about that for our October trip. And yes, Natebenma, we are on the BOG list. We are still tweaking dates slightly but they are close enough.
What is the appropriate tip for a cabana server? Thanks!

Danni! We love her! She no longer works there but we have actually become good friends with her...I will have to tell her she got mentioned over here on the boards!

At the Yacht Club right now. If anyone has a question about what’s going on right now, I’ll be glad to try to find out the answer!
Could you find out the nearest place to purchase bottled water in cases? They usually have it at the YC gift shop but wanted to check. ty :flower3:

Danni! We love her! She no longer works there but we have actually become good friends with her...I will have to tell her she got mentioned over here on the boards!

Not to be too descriptive/personal about a CM, but is Danni 20s’ish, darker hair, with a bit of a raspy voice?

If it’s who I’m thinking of we had her on two rentals last year and she was fantastic, best we’ve ever had at SAB. I’m blanking on her name at the moment but Danni seems to sound familiar. We were bummed she wasn’t there when we were there a few weeks ago. Sorry to hear she no longer works there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts