Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have a YC stay in September And we will have our car. On arrival day we are doing HS. Should we park at the YC and take the Skyliner or walk to HS? Would it be better to just drive ourselves to the park? Is parking at HS a pain In the am if you’re trying to get a RoR bp?
Since you want to score BG at RoTR.

It really depends on when you arrive. If you want to drive you need to hit the HS tollbooths about 9:01. They open between 8:55 and 9:10 most morning and if you arrive too early you have to circle back around. This will give you plenty of time to park, get through security, maybe ride MMRR. Just be stationary right at 10 AM with a good cellular signal to join a BG.

If you get to the area early then you could check-in at YC, park there and walk over to HS. It is about 9/10s of a mile and can be quite hot some morning but you have more control of when you arrive at the security checkpoint at HS. You could also drive from the YC if you want allowing for the timing mentioned above.

The skyliner will actually take the most time since you have to walk to the International Gateway skyliner station, wait for it to open at about 9 AM, ride to CBR and change skyliner lines and get to HS.

Dave

I have a YC stay in September And we will have our car. On arrival day we are doing HS. Should we park at the YC and take the Skyliner or walk to HS? Would it be better to just drive ourselves to the park? Is parking at HS a pain In the am if you’re trying to get a RoR bp?
It is approximately a 20 minute walk to HS from the YC and the best way to get to the park without delays. The Skyliner might not start running in time for you to get to HS at park opening if there are long lines or delays. We always walk to HS if we are trying to get there by park open. :)

What time are the walkers allowed through security and into the park?

I stayed at Boardwalk a couple weeks ago. We walked over and were in line around 9:05 am. They let us through security/temp checks around 9:15, before the parking lots even OPENED and no one had yet arrived on the Skyliner. We were like the 8th party in the park, 5th in line for MMRR, and off the ride by 9:45. We were on Slinky Dog Dash when the clock struck 10 and grabbed boarding group #3.

If you're at any of the Crescent Lake hotels I would recommend walking if you are trying to be in early and snag a boarding group.

I stayed at Boardwalk a couple weeks ago. We walked over and were in line around 9:05 am. They let us through security/temp checks around 9:15, before the parking lots even OPENED and no one had yet arrived on the Skyliner. We were like the 8th party in the park, 5th in line for MMRR, and off the ride by 9:45. We were on Slinky Dog Dash when the clock struck 10 and grabbed boarding group #3.

If you're at any of the Crescent Lake hotels I would recommend walking if you are trying to be in early and snag a boarding group.
Thanks so much-that sounds great! I’m not going to try for RotR but would like to ride Slinky and Runaway Railway without a huge wait.

Since you want to score BG at RoTR.

It really depends on when you arrive. If you want to drive you need to hit the HS tollbooths about 9:01. They open between 8:55 and 9:10 most morning and if you arrive too early you have to circle back around. This will give you plenty of time to park, get through security, maybe ride MMRR. Just be stationary right at 10 AM with a good cellular signal to join a BG.

If you get to the area early then you could check-in at YC, park there and walk over to HS. It is about 9/10s of a mile and can be quite hot some morning but you have more control of when you arrive at the security checkpoint at HS. You could also drive from the YC if you want allowing for the timing mentioned above.

The skyliner will actually take the most time since you have to walk to the International Gateway skyliner station, wait for it to open at about 9 AM, ride to CBR and change skyliner lines and get to HS.

Dave
Thank you for the great info!

Thank you so much for this info. We had been wondering what time we would be allowed in if we walked over as well.

I saw a couple posts about 2021 BC reservations being changed on this thread: So, anyone's resort being changed for 2021 already?
I am so glad you wrote it like this after there has been people saying their 2021 reservation was cancelled. But now, no one has answered your question which leads me to believe CM that they have not cancelled 2021 BC reservations yet.

I am so glad you wrote it like this after there has been people saying their 2021 reservation was cancelled. But now, no one has answered your question which leads me to believe CM that they have not cancelled 2021 BC reservations yet.
I hope they don't cancel them! We made that reservation bc we wanted to experience SAB and walk to the parks!

Any rumors/hints yet about what else will be reopening on the 24th?
The only thing they're confirming is SAB, which means the most to me. I had to talk to DVC Member Services today for something else and since I'm checking in soon at BCV I asked about the restaurants and was told "That information hasn't been released yet." LOL like Yachtsman or Ale & Compass is a closely guarded secret!

Any rumors/hints yet about what else will be reopening on the 24th?
Yes another DIS member @delmar411 posted that Hurricane Hanna's should open on Aug. 24th as they also mentioned that the BC Marketplace would be down for rehab and also mentioned the 2 Coke Freestyle machines were being removed and being replaced with normal fountain machines that a CM would operate.
Hanna's opens on the 24th as well AFAIK. Marketplace is down for rehab starting the 22nd or 23rd and so that drink refill location will be gone. They are moving into the Solarium with G&G offers and no standard hot meals.

Dave

I tried chatting with the online MDE today and the CM told me a lot of people had been asking about YC today and that there was no new updates yet. 😔

The only thing they're confirming is SAB, which means the most to me. I had to talk to DVC Member Services today for something else and since I'm checking in soon at BCV I asked about the restaurants and was told "That information hasn't been released yet." LOL like Yachtsman or Ale & Compass is a closely guarded secret!

I received information that Ale & Compass is reopening Aug 20th in my confirmation email today
If you go to the Disney site now and check under beach club villas, it now shows the information that you shared. If you click on August 24th, it shows hours for Ale & Compass. It also lists YC restaurants under Resort Dining under both Beach Club villas and Yacht Club

p.s. I THINK the menu has been updated for both Ale & Compass and A&C Market.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter