Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My two cents about the velcro screen: someone might use it, rip off the paint when they remove it, not tell anyone, housekeeping doesn’t notice, and then we’re reading from the next guest about how the resort is in bad shape, looks worn down, etc.

Not saying this would happen with this PP, just a general thought.

Last edited:
:welcome:

I see you are coming at the end of August. I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

YC or BCV?

:woohoo:

BCV and thank you. :flower2:

I think you are misunderstanding...I did not mean to attach the mesh panel to the frame with the painter's tape, but, rather, cover the finished surface with the painter's tape, thereby protecting the finished surface, and then attaching the Velcro to the face of the tape, rather than directly to the painted surface (adhesive would not touch the painted surface - just the non-sticky side of the painter's tape). It was just a thought.
I understand what you are saying and I still don’t think it will hold with just painter’s tape underneath but it couldn’t hurt to try.

Now that we know that SAB is opening, I decided to change my April 2021 trip from BC to YC. Ended up saving about $200 anyway so it worked out. Even if BC ends up opening I won’t be switching back
How did you save money? I keep looking and YC same price. I have Reservation for BC for April 2021 and CM told me they aren’t rescheduling those yet. I am so nervous that if they decide not to open YC and BCV will be full.

How did you save money? I keep looking and YC same price. I have Reservation for BC for April 2021 and CM told me they aren’t rescheduling those yet. I am so nervous that if they decide not to open YC and BCV will be full.

So when I talked to my TA last week about our August 2021 BC reservation she mentioned as of right now Disney is only moving people through April 2021 bc of some type of renovations. But I have heard differently in posts on here. I share the same concern about there not being availability at BCV, but I am also under the impression that an upgrade is more likely in that scenario too.

When I called yesterday the CM switched me and when I said I wanted to stay at YC - it was just under $200 cheaper for the same type of room (water view). We are going early April

ETA: I don’t know if this matters but this was from a rescheduled July 2020 trip. I just transferred my reservation and can only make changes over phone

When I called yesterday the CM switched me and when I said I wanted to stay at YC - it was just under $200 cheaper for the same type of room (water view). We are going early April

ETA: I don’t know if this matters but this was from a rescheduled July 2020 trip. I just transferred my reservation and can only make changes over phone
I have a rescheduled trip from March then to June. We are going during first week in April (Easter recess). Not sure if I should just change to YC to make sure. A little nervous about renovations? Was BC due for renovations?

I have a rescheduled trip from March then to June. We are going during first week in April (Easter recess). Not sure if I should just change to YC to make sure. A little nervous about renovations? Was BC due for renovations?
I’m going Easter recess as well. I’m doing a split stay between YC and CR (Or a Disney fantasy cruise). I just read somewhere that the BC didn’t have an opening date and really wanted to try out SAB - so I decided to proactively switch just in case they didn’t open back up again. The person on the phone confirmed that there was no opening date yet for BC

My TA mentioned the renovations had to do with getting ready for the 50th Anniversary. I have no idea what specifically would be getting renovated at BC.

Me either. I was surprised with the response too. I asked after being concerned at seeing posts about 2021 reservations being changed all the way through August. Our June 2021 hasn't been changed yet.
People had Disney call them with August 2021 reservations for BC?

People had Disney call them with August 2021 reservations for BC?
I saw some posts on another thread about reservation moves/changes that discussed people being moved from BC between January 2021 and August 2021- it didn't seem consistent. Which prompted me to start asking my TA questions.

I saw a couple posts about 2021 BC reservations being changed on this thread: So, anyone's resort being changed for 2021 already?

So it looks like you have to put down one side of the stick-on velcro, right on the wood. I guess I would be afraid of it pulling up the paint taking it off. I think I would be reluctant to use something like this as it may cause damage.
I've had good luck with mounting putty. It is easily removed without damage. I've not used it at Disney hotels so I can't vouch for the surfaces there, but I can't imagine that they would be different from the surfaces at home.

22295001.jpg

~NM

I have a YC stay in September And we will have our car. On arrival day we are doing HS. Should we park at the YC and take the Skyliner or walk to HS? Would it be better to just drive ourselves to the park? Is parking at HS a pain In the am if you’re trying to get a RoR bp?

I have a YC stay in September And we will have our car. On arrival day we are doing HS. Should we park at the YC and take the Skyliner or walk to HS? Would it be better to just drive ourselves to the park? Is parking at HS a pain In the am if you’re trying to get a RoR bp?
I think a good arrival day activity would be to travel via the Skyliner to HS. A little walk from YC to IG
Skyliner station and then you get to sit back, relax and enjoy the sights on your travels to HS via
CB resort. If not the Skyliner then I would walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter