Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I’m wondering myself. We have BC booked in Spring 2021 because we wanted to try SAB. I’m not sure I would want to pay BC prices without that pool.

If spring of 2021 is considered initial reopening & SAB is still closed, there aren’t many people who will pay those prices. Personally, I’m assuming initial reopening is referring to DVC resorts being opened & maybe a few weeks of park reopening. I would expect many things to reopen after a few weeks.

If spring of 2021 is considered initial reopening & SAB is still closed, there aren’t many people who will pay those prices. Personally, I’m assuming initial reopening is referring to DVC resorts being opened & maybe a few weeks of park reopening. I would expect many things to reopen after a few weeks.
Hopefully! But yea you are probably right. They couldn’t keep it up for that long.

From the TA email I just received from Disney:

Resort Amenities & Recreation
Amenities and recreation will be modified based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
Pools

• Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
  • Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
  • Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas

Yikes! I can’t imagine staying at the YC/BC without SAB.

Hi, Dee.

We cancelled our August trip a few weeks ago so you can remove us from the BOG list. The good news is, since I canceled a few weeks ago, I was able to book a room-only trip for August 1-14, 2021 at the BC, so can you please add us to the BOG list for next year. We’ll be celebrating my 41st birthday since I won’t be in Disney this year to celebrate my 40th. 😉

So still holding phase.....
Arrival 7/31 -8/8
Booked YC garden view
Will they just move me? Will YC be open ?
Hopefully, info will be released weekly now. So sorry to hear all the troubles everyone is having .
Good luck 🍀

Closing Storm Along Bay will only cause the quiet pools to be very crowded and busy. We love the quiet pools because they are usually empty. I hope the initial closing period is very short and they can reopen SAB soon. :)

I've seen the speculation that Yacht Club might be closed but that doesn't make any sense to me. After all, it is a deluxe resort which shares facilities with the Beach Club, so why would it close?

I agree a lot of this does not make sense. Why would they close SAB pool when they want to limit guests in the parks. It is a great option to keep people entertained. If Universal can open a whole water park, I don't understand why they can't open SAB in July, which is still a long way off and will put Florida and the US in a different opening phase. This is all so frustrating. I understand modifications, but why would anyone chose to stay at the only deluxe that basically doesn't have a pool. Also no SAB no pool bar no quick service food there. It just sounds like they are not going to have enough services to meet the demands of the guests. It is beginning to sound more and more miserable. I am now on the bandwagon that they are trying everything to get guests to cancel.

So I posted when Disney announced their opening date that we were still planning to go, but all the changes and restrictions changed our minds for us. SAB being closed was officially the final nail in the coffin. It's all but certain our late July dates would have fallen in that "initial reopening phase." Best of luck to all of you who are still planning to go and/or have later trips booked!

Hi everyone!

Sending wishes that you and your families are all well.

:grouphug:

I have to say, these are such difficult times in general, and for all of you who are uber-planners when it comes to vacations, it is particularly tough as the information being released about upcoming trips is sporadic with details that are sometimes as clear as mud. Understandable on Disney's part- this is all new territory and a lot of decisions are out of their control.

As most of you know, there was a dump of information released yesterday. I'll update the first page with links to the information, and outline the information that is specific to the Yacht Club/Beach Club and Beach Club Villas.

Page 1625-1626

We’re booked at YC 9/7-9/12!! Feel free to add us to the BOG list. And yes they have, I appreciate it! 🥰

Got it!

:cool2:

WWYD? How much extra space is there in a BC or YC room vs BCV studio?

I’m booked for a BCV studio 7/7-14 traveling with DH, DD19 and DS18. We originally had more space in a 1bedroom at OKW, but opted for location and pool when it became available at our price point.

My family is used to staying in smaller rooms if needed. We are planning on DH & I in the queen, DS on the pullout and DD at 5’2” on the little bed.

I could book a YC garden view for $265 more or a BC garden view for $180 more. Standards are also available, but DH would not like a standard view. he also wants a balcony. Is it worth the $ for a puffier room? Are the villas “to far” from the lobby & pool?

Regarding room requests, we were planning on asking for close to lobby and high floor. Other considerations?

:welcome: to the thread!

:cool1:

Thank you for the detailed info about your situation. Does the information released yesterday impact the decisions you are trying to make?

I have never stayed in the BCV studio, so I can't really comment on comparisons, but we do have a section of this thread where past guests have given their feedback regarding the pros and cons of a regular Beach Club (or Yacht Club) standard room versus the villas.

If you are still looking for input, go to Page 1, Post 16 and look for the review section for applicable links to comments.

:thumbsup2

Time to remove us from the BOG list. We had the dreaded email today, our July trip has been cancelled.

I am so sorry that your upcoming trip was cancelled. We hope that you are able to come back with us sometime in the near future.

Hugs to you!

:hug:

Nvm- found answer in FAQ

Hi! Glad you were able to find the info you wanted.

Just wanted to give you a :welcome: to posting on the thread.

:wave:

Hi! I don’t know if I wrote this earlier but we were able to reschedule this past cancelled April trip to next April! 4/15/21 - 4/23/21. We had rented points for this past trip and of course the one time we don’t pay cab rates is the one trip where a global pandemic occurs - luckily we rented from the rental boards here and our owner couldn’t have been more helpful! However it appears that DVC reallocated points in 2021 and we were able to add one more night for almost the same price! So we will be staying for 8 nights instead of 7!

We are staying in a 2BR at BCV. Looking forward to reaching a time when we can just discuss WDW planning!

So glad to hear that your reschedule worked out so smoothly.

I'll update the list.

::yes::

So, in the continuing saga of when will Bookbabe get back to SAB, we now have another backup backup trip, August 13-16, YC GV.

It’s looking more and more like our July trip will be a no-go, since even if Disney is open there’s a good chance the Canada-US border will still be closed (or there will still be a 14 day mandatory quarantine on return). The border is closed until June 24 at this point, and even if it opens after that I can see our dapper but fearful leader Justin keeping the quarantine to deter travelers. And since DH can’t miss that much work we’ll have to cancel if that’s the case. Hopefully we’ll be able to get refunds for our VAH tickets, that’s the only part of the July trip that’s technically non-refundable.

It figures. This morning I refreshed my way into a FoP FP at the perfect time to replace Navi on our AK evening Day One of the July trip. That‘s a definite sign the trip is doomed. LOL.

I‘m optimistic about August, though. And if that falls through, there’s our original F&W trip that we booked as a bounceback what Seems like an eon ago.

Am I the only one that keeps booking and moving and rebooking and moving trips again and again? I find myself unable to give up the hope of traveling again someday, and at least it’s keeping me entertained and off Amazon (or so DH says).

What can I say?

You have been working really hard to get yourself to the resort this summer.

Hoping the August trip works out for you. I'll add it to the list.

We had tentatively booked for August, but canceled that this morning. Arriving December 15 for 6 nights. Disappointed of course that we had to cancel our spring trip, and our summer trip. But, by then Space 220 and Ratatouille should be open and maybe it won’t be so crazy trying to do the Star Wars area in the studios. Plus, I love the YC Christmas tree all decorated with sailboats!

Updating the list for your holiday trip!

:santa:

So our early July Epcot resorts extravaganza trip was, of course, cancelled. However, we rebooked for late July in the hopes WDW might be open. As of today's announcement we are officially back on and still planning on an Epcot resort exclusive trip, just modified a bit. We are now at BWI 7/25-7/28 and YC 7/28-8/3. This will be our first time at YC. I have no idea what all the changes will mean, but we are excited nonetheless.

So I posted when Disney announced their opening date that we were still planning to go, but all the changes and restrictions changed our minds for us. SAB being closed was officially the final nail in the coffin. It's all but certain our late July dates would have fallen in that "initial reopening phase." Best of luck to all of you who are still planning to go and/or have later trips booked!

Totally understandable. Look forward to seeing you back here when things are normal-er!

Last edited:
Page 1627-1629

We have a bounce back reservation for October at Yacht Club and I called the BB phone number yesterday morning, before they shut down the reservations. I was able to modify our trip dates to Oct 25-30th, 2020 at the YC, all at the BB discount rate of 30% off. I dropped Oct 24th, which was priced at rack rate.

I'm really looking forward to staying at the YC, something we haven't done since the rooms have been remodeled. I need to call and request a room with a shower instead of the tub/shower combo. I'm also hoping that fireworks are back on by then, since I love watching them from the resort. :) Depending on room location, we've seen fireworks from MK, Epcot and HS from our balcony, different trips and rooms, of course. I don't think any room will give a view of all three of the fireworks. :)

I'll adjust your dates.

Depending on room location, we've seen fireworks from MK, Epcot and HS from our balcony, different trips and rooms, of course. I don't think any room will give a view of all three of the fireworks. :)

Hoping that there WILL be fireworks...

🎆

Sadly my July 4-14 trip is history. I made a back up reservation for YC August 10-19. Hopefully things will be more settled then. Sadly we are losing our FD

I'll update your trip dates.

Ok Folks..... Looks like I'm taking one for the team here.
*MickeyT July 19-25 BCV Sarah Jane's 2nd trip*

Looks like we are still on go, even with the restrictions. I would probably cancel if it was just the wife and I but we are taking my son's family. He and his wife works extremely hard to support their family and they have very little down time. They have both had career setbacks as kickers to this saga. The wife and I go to WDW 3-4 times a year. My son's family hasn't been on vacation since we were at BC 2 years ago. They (we) were so looking forward to this trip as a chance to just get away.

So that leads us to today forward......With all the Disney news/updates being thrown at us. My planning sheet torn to shreds. Thoughts of keeping a mask on a 4 year rebel. The unknown factors still out there. We are going to forge ahead. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but upward and onward.

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist but I think Disney will go above and beyond to get this right. They can't really afford to get it wrong. Can you imagine thousands upon thousands of guest coming back screaming "That was terrible". I really think this had forced Disney to do a hard reset. Where they were throwing everything at us, from scaled back EMH's to parking fees, I think they now need us. Granted they are going to have to be very cautious coming out of the gate but in the long run, they DO need us. The customer.

So wish us luck as we forge ahead to a "Disney trip unlike any Disney trip we've ever had". Time will tell if that is good or bad.

Oh and one other thing. I get to make a new planning sheet!

Wishing you the most magical of trips.

I know you will roll with the punches and make the most of what you are able to do.

:woohoo:

Hello Beach and Yacht Club fans. We have a stay over 7/2-7/10 which lies within the DVC resort open timeframe (DVC side.) Stormaling Bay is one of the reasons we’d considering keeping ressie despite parks not yet open (VIP Passholder line CM suggested that preview period ‘might’ be end of June)... any indication if Stormalong Bay will be open during this time- or perhaps just DVC quiet pool?

I'll put your dates on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15, but understand that operational announcements may impact your trip.

:cool1:

I have Skippers, HBD, Oga’s, MP, CdeF and Spice Table still showing between 1 and 12 July. The DS restaurants on MDE that were cancelled, I managed to book on OT plus Flying Fish!

Thanks for sharing the info about booking through Open Table.

It will be interesting to hear which restaurant locations will be open when the the parks reopen.

Hi Dee, can you please remove us from the BOG list for 10/21 - 10/29. I'm going to be cancelling our BCV studio and banking those points for a 2022 marathon weekend trip and larger accommodations.
Also, I saw the following post on the restaurant thread that may be of interest for folks traveling for F&W.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...-food-and-wine-festival.3792154/post-61957334

Sorry to hear about your trip.

Thanks for sharing the info you found about Food & Wine.

Please take me off the BOG list. We canceled our reservation this morning.

Will do.

Sorry about your trip.

:hug:

Hi, Dee.

We cancelled our August trip a few weeks ago so you can remove us from the BOG list. The good news is, since I canceled a few weeks ago, I was able to book a room-only trip for August 1-14, 2021 at the BC, so can you please add us to the BOG list for next year. We’ll be celebrating my 41st birthday since I won’t be in Disney this year to celebrate my 40th. 😉

It's never the wrong time to celebrate a birthday.

I'll add you to the list for next year.

:goodvibes

We have BCV starting 7/18. I hope they announce when the rest of YC/BC and SAB will open soon, so I know if I should just cancel

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

I agree a lot of this does not make sense. Why would they close SAB pool when they want to limit guests in the parks. It is a great option to keep people entertained. If Universal can open a whole water park, I don't understand why they can't open SAB in July, which is still a long way off and will put Florida and the US in a different opening phase. This is all so frustrating. I understand modifications, but why would anyone chose to stay at the only deluxe that basically doesn't have a pool. Also no SAB no pool bar no quick service food there. It just sounds like they are not going to have enough services to meet the demands of the guests. It is beginning to sound more and more miserable. I am now on the bandwagon that they are trying everything to get guests to cancel.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Thanks for your input.

If anyone has a BCV stay when they reopen, I noticed the SAB info on the information page for reopening seems to have changed a bit. It now says BCV guests can use BWV’s quiet pool & Luna Park. I think yesterday it only said the quiet pool at BCV was available. This is copied from the Disney page:

Activities

• Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of Disney’s Beach Club Villas may use the resort leisure pool, and may also use the Luna Park Pool and leisure pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Villas

Last edited:
From the TA email I just received from Disney:

Resort Amenities & Recreation
Amenities and recreation will be modified based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
Pools

• Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
  • Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
  • Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
Temporary Unavailable
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
  • Arcades
  • Campfires
  • Dog parks
  • Electrical Water Pageant
  • Marina rentals
  • Pin trading
  • Playgrounds
  • Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Additionally, the following special offerings and childcare services will not be available during the initial reopening:
  • Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
  • Fun runs
  • Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
  • Hula lessons
  • In-room childcare services
  • Mermaid school
  • Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs

Kate,

Thank you so much for sharing this info with us.

:thanks:

Last time SAB was closed, didn't they give BCV guests waterpark passes (BB or TL)? It seems ridiculous to pay BCV points or cash without SAB, like they are actively trying to get people to change resorts, so why not just close BCV? Because they can't maybe since it's DVC?

Last time SAB was closed, didn't they give BCV guests waterpark passes (BB or TL)? It seems ridiculous to pay BCV points or cash without SAB, like they are actively trying to get people to change resorts, so why not just close BCV? Because they can't maybe since it's DVC?

If I recall correctly, they let people use the big pool at the Boardwalk, not the water parks. People have reported here that this will be happening this year also, although I have not seen anything from Disney yet.

If I recall correctly, they let people use the big pool at the Boardwalk, not the water parks. People have reported here that this will be happening this year also, although I have not seen anything from Disney yet.

Things have been updated on website and it was fed to hop to Boardwalk.

The problem is that depending how busy that resort is, people from BCV might walk all the way there and then find out it’s already at capacity.

Correct. BCV had to be opened, but nothing like that is guaranteed so having it closed simply means it’s closed

If anyone has a BCV stay when they reopen, I noticed the SAB info on the information page for reopening seems to have changed a bit. It now says BCV guests can use BWV’s quiet pool & Luna Park. I think yesterday it only said the quiet pool at BCV was available. This is copied from the Disney page:

Activities

• Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of Disney’s Beach Club Villas may use the resort leisure pool, and may also use the Luna Park Pool and leisure pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Villas

Thanks for providing this additional info!

Interesting suggestion.

Hopefully this initial phase of reopening will be short-lived. It would be great if the reopening of SAB coincides with the dates the main resorts and/or the theme parks open.

Has any mention been made of when the Disney waterparks are opening?

:fish:

The problem is that depending how busy that resort is, people from BCV might walk all the way there and then find out it’s already at capacity.

:welcome: to posting on this thread, Sandi!

Thank you for providing this information.

:thanks:

Edit: I'm deleting what I wrote because it was speculation on my part and I've seen it quoted as fact elsewhere. I should have known better.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm one of the very weird types of guests, but we never go to SAB when we stay at BC/YC. I much prefer the quiet pools. But then we are older, and enjoy the relaxing time rather than the slides and all the activities around the big pools. And having SAB draw all the other guests away just makes the quiet pools even more inviting. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter