Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I think the shortcut past the clown pool is only a time saver if your BC room is near the Epcot side of the resort. If you are leaving from the BC lobby then I would walk past the YC boat dock, just in case there is a Hollywood Studios boat at the dock or just about to dock. :)

My experience only:
1. Walking; 20 -25 minutes from BC Lobby to DHS security checkpoint. Be sure you head left from the BC towards BW and use the shortcut through the clown pool to get to the pathway and to cut off 5 minutes!
2. Friendship Boat; 20 minutes travel time from YC Marina to DHS dock, with one stop at S/D. You need to factor in wait time for boat at YC Marina and less than a 5 minute disembarkment walk from DHS dock to security checkpoint.
3. Skyliner; Allow for 25 - 30 minutes. 5 minute walk from BC lobby to IG Skyliner station, 10 -12 minute ride to Caribbean Beach, transfer to DHS skyliner at CB and another 10 minutes to DHS. Less than 5 minutes from station to DHS security checkpoint.

I chose walking as #1 as it gives you total control of your own destiny. #2 and #3 can be impacted by factors out of your control and travel times may be greater than I noted.
Uber/Lyft would save you time but if you can work with the above timeframes you can save some money!

This is great, thanks. How long do you think it would take for a Lyft? Ten minutes? (once you're in the car.)

And what does "BW" stand for in the #1 option.

This is great, thanks. How long do you think it would take for a Lyft? Ten minutes? (once you're in the car.)

And what does "BW" stand for in the #1 option.

August 2019:
Lyft from Beach Club to Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS)
8:20 am to 8:30 am
$8.06
I added a tip to that

On another day in August 2019:
Lyft from Beach Club to DHS
9:54 am to 10:05 am
$7.96
I added a tip to that

You can always go on the Lyft and Uber apps and set it up like you were planning to request a ride. Just don't go all the way through to where you accept (can't remember the term) the ride. The app might assume that you want to be picked up where you are (if you have location services turned on in your phone's settings) but you can tell it where you want to be picked up instead.

Or go to RideGuru.com to price out a ride.

Lyft often has discounts. Those might be discounted prices. I don't think Uber has ever offered me a discount.

BW stands for BoardWalk

Last edited:

We have our boarding passes and will be arriving at the Beach Club tomorrow. It will be a fun week with the opening of Flower & Garden Show and Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railroad at DHS, which we have fastpasses for. There are a few more new things for us to see and new things are always fun. :)

Thanks for the responses regarding the magical enhancements that I received by phone. They got back to me later that day and still would not confirm what they may be. I had said I did not want to be moved to Beach Club and they in turn told me they will keep my reservation at Yacht! Makes me wonder if they just were trying to accommodate some last minute requests by searching for takers.

Thanks for the responses regarding the magical enhancements that I received by phone. They got back to me later that day and still would not confirm what they may be. I had said I did not want to be moved to Beach Club and they in turn told me they will keep my reservation at Yacht! Makes me wonder if they just were trying to accommodate
some last minute requests by searching for takers.

Not necessarily. Doesn’t mean there isn’t some work being done. They likely are moving on & will offer the move to someone else. Please let us know if you see anything going on.

Okay, need some real-world advice!

What is the FASTEST way to get to DHS from Beach Club?

Walking?

Boat?

Skyliner?

I'd even happily spring for a Lyft if that'll save time.

Gonna have a very quick turnaround from getting to the hotel from the airport very early in the morning and want to get to DHS before opening....AND I have to do some business at the ticket booth/guest services first, so I really need to be there as quickly as humanly possible.

Thanks!
Walking is the fastest way, even faster than a Lyft...the drive is longer than you would think and you have to factor in traffic plus waiting for a driver. We are in our late 60's and have no trouble beating the boat, unless there is one leaving immediately, and then we usually arrive about the same time. Unless you have mobility issues you can always walk a little faster...you can't make the boat go faster.

Not necessarily. Doesn’t mean there isn’t some work being done. They likely are moving on & will offer the move to someone else. Please let us know if you see anything going on.
I sure will inform when I arrive. I did call the YachtClub directly and they did confirm there are no enhancements going on at that time and assured me they would know if there was. So I’m guessing my thoughts about it are true.

I sure will inform when I arrive. I did call the YachtClub directly and they did confirm there are no enhancements going on at that time and assured me they would know if there was. So I’m guessing my thoughts about it are true.

How did you manage to speak to someone who was actually at the Yacht Club, rather than someone at an off-site call center who is supposed to answer the phone in such a way as to make you think they are at the Yacht Culb?

How did you manage to speak to someone who was actually at the Yacht Club, rather than someone at an off-site call center who is supposed to answer the phone in such a way as to make you think they are at the Yacht Culb?
Sorry for the miscommunication.I called the regular Disney site and spoke to a cast member. The call I received came from group reservations and I didn’t quite trust what they said

August 2019:
Lyft from Beach Club to Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS)
8:20 am to 8:30 am
$8.06
I added a tip to that

On another day in August 2019:
Lyft from Beach Club to DHS
9:54 am to 10:05 am
$7.96
I added a tip to that

You can always go on the Lyft and Uber apps and set it up like you were planning to request a ride. Just don't go all the way through to where you accept (can't remember the term) the ride. The app might assume that you want to be picked up where you are (if you have location services turned on in your phone's settings) but you can tell it where you want to be picked up instead.

Or go to RideGuru.com to price out a ride.

Lyft often has discounts. Those might be discounted prices. I don't think Uber has ever offered me a discount.

BW stands for BoardWalk

Thanks. Because I'm going to be under a major time crunch, I have no problem paying $8 (plus tip.)

But, others are saying that walking is actually faster than a drive. Is that your experience, as well?

Thanks. Because I'm going to be under a major time crunch, I have no problem paying $8 (plus tip.)

But, others are saying that walking is actually faster than a drive. Is that your experience, as well?

I have not taken a ride share or car to DHS from Beach Club, but based on the time reported above (thanks for those details @Best Aunt ), it is 10 minutes for the ride, plus whatever wait time for the vehicle after you order it.

Walking to DHS from Beach Club is 15-20 minutes at a moderate pace.

The biggest case for walking, as others have said, is that the timing is mostly under your control and not dependent on the wait time for the vehicles or traffic concerns with the other options available.

:cool1: :car:

I have not taken a ride share or car to DHS from Beach Club, but based on the time reported above (thanks for those details @Best Aunt ), it is 10 minutes for the ride, plus whatever wait time for the vehicle after you order it.

Walking to DHS from Beach Club is 15-20 minutes at a moderate pace.

The biggest case for walking, as others have said, is that the timing is mostly under your control and not dependent on the wait time for the vehicles or traffic concerns with the other options available.

Well @natebenma is correct that if you walk, the timing is totally under your control.

But I find that a day at a Disney theme park is hard on my feet and my back. For me personally, it makes no sense to start my day with a 15-20 minute walk to the park. That will just speed up the time when my feet and back start to hurt. So I never walk to DHS from Beach Club or BoardWalk. If I were trying to get into a ROTR Boarding Group (which I assume is where this started), I would plan to Uber or Lyft, and I would be spending my time now learning everything I can about how to get that Boarding Group. WiFi versus cell service? Where to stand in the park to do it? How do you know when you can start? If multiple people in my group had cell phones, should we split up so that we are not all standing in the same area to try? I hear there are threads about it. I also hear you can practice at home.

Well @natebenma is correct that if you walk, the timing is totally under your control.

But I find that a day at a Disney theme park is hard on my feet and my back. For me personally, it makes no sense to start my day with a 15-20 minute walk to the park. That will just speed up the time when my feet and back start to hurt. So I never walk to DHS from Beach Club or BoardWalk. If I were trying to get into a ROTR Boarding Group (which I assume is where this started), I would plan to Uber or Lyft, and I would be spending my time now learning everything I can about how to get that Boarding Group. WiFi versus cell service? Where to stand in the park to do it? How do you know when you can start? If multiple people in my group had cell phones, should we split up so that we are not all standing in the same area to try? I hear there are threads about it. I also hear you can practice at home.

Here is the link to the thread about Rise of the Resistance that you mentioned:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...information-no-spoilers.3782822/post-61352117
The first 2 posts have very detailed info and then following the more recent pages is the best way to prepare for getting a boarding group. I followed the one for Disneyland before my trip and it was extremely helpful.

You can practice from home. And you should, at least a few times before your trip. There was a glitch earlier this week allowing people to actually get boarding group assignments even if they weren't in the park, but that seemed to be a one-day error that hasn't happened again.

:scared1:

3. Skyliner; Allow for 25 - 30 minutes. 5 minute walk from BC lobby to IG Skyliner station, 10 -12 minute ride to Caribbean Beach, transfer to DHS skyliner at CB and another 10 minutes to DHS. Less than 5 minutes from station to DHS security checkpoint.

Be sure to check the skyliner operating hours. They have been opening about 30 min before park opening. I had a friend who stayed at Caribbean Beach last week and barely made it into the park for boarding group access between travel time, bag check, etc.

For me personally, it makes no sense to start my day with a 15-20 minute walk to the park.

This is my feeling too. I generally stay in August, so I'd rather wait the extra time to have a leisurely ride to the parks on a boat than arrive hotter and sweatier by walking with purpose first thing in the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter