Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Any suggestions on requests for a SV CL room? I've looked at the pictures on the room thead (big thanks to Dee for those!). Does anyone know if there are any SV CL on the lake side of the resort? I looked at the map and it looks like there may be a few but wasn't sure if anyone had stayed in one. Or maybe I misread the color coding. Darned eyes are getting old!

Hiya. Do they still sell the big gallon plastic bottles of spring water in the shop at Beach Club?

Is it the mounted shampoos/soaps in the Beach Club Resort (non-DVC) roooms? Do they have lotion? Is it separate shampoo and conditioner? Do you still get bar soap?

thanks!

Room request help!

We have a Garden/Woods view room booked at YC (4/20-4/25)... any suggestions on requests or a location we should aim for?

I was thinking of something away from the elevator bc I don’t like noise and maybe an upper floor?

Very excited and starting to count down the days!

Thanks!!!

Room request help!

We have a Garden/Woods view room booked at YC (4/20-4/25)... any suggestions on requests or a location we should aim for?

I was thinking of something away from the elevator bc I don’t like noise and maybe an upper floor?

Very excited and starting to count down the days!

Thanks!!!
I’d request one that overlooks the gazebo. That would put you on the lake side of the building. We had one once that was in the front of the resort. Straight out was a line of trees and to our right if we looked straight down was a strip of grass. Nothing to really look at but we had a really large balcony! Only draw back was the loading dock must have been on the other side of the trees so was a bit noisy early in the am.

I’d request one that overlooks the gazebo. That would put you on the lake side of the building. We had one once that was in the front of the resort. Straight out was a line of trees and to our right if we looked straight down was a strip of grass. Nothing to really look at but we had a really large balcony! Only draw back was the loading dock must have been on the other side of the trees so was a bit noisy early in the am.

Early am noise? Perfect wake up call for rope drop! Lol.

Thanks for the tip!

Page 1604-1605

Add me to the guest list for June 20-21, 2020. I booked BC for a quick overnight and asked about renting a cabana for a half day (10 am - 2 pm) for June 21. I wasn't sure if I could get it - but I thought it might be nice with us switching to the Riviera resort for the rest of our week that day (its our DVC homecoming trip there). With an annual pass discount, it was $180 (and some change) for the half day, so rates must have increased. We enjoyed our visit to Yacht so much last August, its nice to come back even for a day to our favorite pool on property!

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Will do!

What a great plan for the start of your trip.

:fish:

We're heading to Beach Club for two nights, May 29-30, before we do 7 nights at the Villas at Grand Flo (our DVC home resort). I've been to BCV a couple of times before I was married, but this will be my wife and kiddos' first time there. (And my first time in a non-villa). Very excited to take the kids to Stormalong Bay!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Hi! Please add us to the list. We are staying at the Yacht Club 8/14 - 8/22. First time staying at a deluxe resort. It will be myself, DH, and two DD (8 and 10).

I'll add your trip to the list.

:woohoo:

Please add me to be our guest - 9/8/20-9/12/20 Beach club standard room.
We usually go DVC thanks to my very generous parents allowing us use of their points but I was able to grab a great deal for us and thanks to late running school construction my kids are heading back to school mid-September instead of before Labor Day.

if I make a day bed and full balcony or patio our only requests, is there a decent chance to get them?

Will do!

Is the daybed or balcony a higher priority for you or are they both equal?

I would suggest listing the most important one first for your room request- for example:

"Full balcony please, daybed if possible"

I don't know the percentage of rooms at the resort that have both a full balcony and a daybed, but I have had rooms with both.

:goodvibes

Disney math got me again! Switched up our plans and changed from BC GV to BC SV CL from 8/30-9/7. Between an agency exclusive and eating more in the lounge, the change is "practically" a wash, lol!

Love it!

:dogdance:

Any suggestions on requests for a SV CL room? I've looked at the pictures on the room thread (big thanks to Dee for those!). Does anyone know if there are any SV CL on the lake side of the resort? I looked at the map and it looks like there may be a few but wasn't sure if anyone had stayed in one. Or maybe I misread the color coding. Darned eyes are getting old!

I have trouble interpreting those maps too! The colors are too close to one another in some instances.

:magnify:

Hi everyone! I was looking at the map posted earlier in the thread and it looks like there's only 1 laundry room for YC. Is that right?

Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked?

:thumbsup2

Yippee! They added more rooms to the AP discount for April, so DH succumbed to the lure of SAB and finally agreed to the switch from a CSR std room to a YC WV room. Almost doubled the cost of the trip, but YC is worth it, right? The Disney Math says it’s a great idea. LOL.

Nice!

I'll update the list.

:cheer2:

Hiya. Do they still sell the big gallon plastic bottles of spring water in the shop at Beach Club?

Is it the mounted shampoos/soaps in the Beach Club Resort (non-DVC) roooms? Do they have lotion? Is it separate shampoo and conditioner? Do you still get bar soap?

thanks!

As far as I know, you can still purchase the gallon bottles of water. If you don't see any out, ask at the checkout counter.

I don't think the BC/YC has switched over to the wall-mounted toiletries yet, small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and bars of soap are still available. Lotion is hit or miss. If you don't get any and want some, you could try calling housekeeping or leaving a note.

Do you have an upcoming trip you would like to add to the list?

::yes::

Page 1604-1605

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Will do!

What a great plan for the start of your trip.

:fish:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I'll add your trip to the list.

:woohoo:

Will do!

Is the daybed or balcony a higher priority for you or are they both equal?

I would suggest listing the most important one first for your room request- for example:

"Full balcony please, daybed if possible"

I don't know the percentage of rooms at the resort that have both a full balcony and a daybed, but I have had rooms with both.

:goodvibes

Love it!

:dogdance:

I have trouble interpreting those maps too! The colors are too close to one another in some instances.

:magnify:

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked?

:thumbsup2

Nice!

I'll update the list.

:cheer2:

As far as I know, you can still purchase the gallon bottles of water. If you don't see any out, ask at the checkout counter.

I don't think the BC/YC has switched over to the wall-mounted toiletries yet, small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and bars of soap are still available. Lotion is hit or miss. If you don't get any and want some, you could try calling housekeeping or leaving a note.

Do you have an upcoming trip you would like to add to the list?

Thanks for all the info!!! We think we may be going very soon but not 100% sure yet. :) And we are so not last minute people!!!

Does anyone know if there are magical enhancements going on at the Yacht Club? We are arriving March 7 to 13 and received a phone call this morning telling us this info and that they will be moving us to Beach Club. Not quite sure I want to stay at the BC so I thought I would put it out there in case anyone has heard. It is a group reservation I have but I’m not sure I believe there reason is true.

Does anyone know if there are magical enhancements going on at the Yacht Club? We are arriving March 7 to 13 and received a phone call this morning telling us this info and that they will be moving us to Beach Club. Not quite sure I want to stay at the BC so I thought I would put it out there in case anyone has heard. It is a group reservation I have but I’m not sure I believe there reason is true.
:oops: We have YC CL booked March 6-12 and haven't heard anything...I'll be keeping my phone nearby today!! My guess is that they are oversold. I also wouldn't be too thrilled with a BC move, unless they gave an upgrade or something. Interesting...

Last edited:
So one of these articles was more sensational than the other.

Did they really lockdown and evacuate guests?

SWAT team?

:scared1:

It (the level of response) doesn't surprise me in the least. My guess is that they were preparing for a response to a potential active shooter situation that thankfully, didn't pan out that way.

Major tourist destination with minimal security to gain entry? How hard is it for ANYONE to walk into a Disney resort? FWIW, I'd rather guests err on the side of hypervigilance, and the police to respond for the worst case scenario than to have it play out the other way.

It (the level of response) doesn't surprise me in the least. My guess is that they were preparing for a response to a potential active shooter situation that thankfully, didn't pan out that way.

Major tourist destination with minimal security to gain entry? How hard is it for ANYONE to walk into a Disney resort? FWIW, I'd rather guests err on the side of hypervigilance, and the police to respond for the worst case scenario than to have it play out the other way.

You are correct.

The Mouse can't f-ool around with something like this.

Maybe they are doing the WiFi upgrade at Yacht Club. They closed one floor at a time when they did that at the Beach Club last fall.

Maybe they are doing the WiFi upgrade at Yacht Club. They closed one floor at a time when they did that at the Beach Club last fall.

You could be right. I just checked quick, there don’t seem to be any rooms at Y & B for the whole month of March. Wonder if they pulled inventory to move people. I know, they are usually pretty fully booked anyway, but usually there is at least something.

Last edited:
Okay, need some real-world advice!

What is the FASTEST way to get to DHS from Beach Club?

Walking?

Boat?

Skyliner?

I'd even happily spring for a Lyft if that'll save time.

Gonna have a very quick turnaround from getting to the hotel from the airport very early in the morning and want to get to DHS before opening....AND I have to do some business at the ticket booth/guest services first, so I really need to be there as quickly as humanly possible.

Thanks!

Okay, need some real-world advice!

What is the FASTEST way to get to DHS from Beach Club?

Walking?

Boat?

Skyliner?

I'd even happily spring for a Lyft if that'll save time.

Gonna have a very quick turnaround from getting to the hotel from the airport very early in the morning and want to get to DHS before opening....AND I have to do some business at the ticket booth/guest services first, so I really need to be there as quickly as humanly possible.

Thanks!
My experience only:
1. Walking; 20 -25 minutes from BC Lobby to DHS security checkpoint. Be sure you head left from the BC towards BW and use the shortcut through the clown pool to get to the pathway and to cut off 5 minutes!
2. Friendship Boat; 20 minutes travel time from YC Marina to DHS dock, with one stop at S/D. You need to factor in wait time for boat at YC Marina and less than a 5 minute disembarkment walk from DHS dock to security checkpoint.
3. Skyliner; Allow for 25 - 30 minutes. 5 minute walk from BC lobby to IG Skyliner station, 10 -12 minute ride to Caribbean Beach, transfer to DHS skyliner at CB and another 10 minutes to DHS. Less than 5 minutes from station to DHS security checkpoint.

I chose walking as #1 as it gives you total control of your own destiny. #2 and #3 can be impacted by factors out of your control and travel times may be greater than I noted.
Uber/Lyft would save you time but if you can work with the above timeframes you can save some money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter