Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have stayed BC twice in early / mid August. I know people have said that the buses go to YC first, but that hasn't been my experience in the mornings. We got totally empty buses at BC to head to the parks.

On the way back from the parks at afternoon / night, the buses did stop at both resorts, which makes sense as there's only one place to board a bus.
They sent empty MK buses to the BC when we were there in December. It was usually an empty bus that was right behind a full MK bus for the crowds trying to get to MK for rope drop.

Can someone tell me what type of mattresses are used at the YC and BC CL rooms? I know the info is here somewhere but I can't seem to find it? thank you

Here’s a question.
- We arrive late on 5/05/20 and booked a night at Coranado Springs.
- Switch to BCV on 5/06/20.
- We’re going to HS on 5/06 (plan on RD in hopes of a boarding group).
(We have our own car)

Can we check in luggage / park the car bright and early on 5/06 (I know the room won’t be ready)? Also, would it be better to take the bus or walk over to HS to make rope drop?

Here’s a question.
(We have our own car)

Can we check in luggage / park the car bright and early on 5/06 (I know the room won’t be ready)? Also, would it be better to take the bus or walk over to HS to make rope drop?
Not sure what bright and early is, but short answer is yes. BC/BCV bell services is 24/7. Check in for any given day begins around 6:00 AM when the system ”turns over”. There is no bus to HS. Boat or walk. After 7:30 or 8:00 the Skyliner is an option. We prefer walking.

Not sure what bright and early is, but short answer is yes. BC/BCV bell services is 24/7. Check in for any given day begins around 6:00 AM when the system ”turns over”. There is no bus to HS. Boat or walk. After 7:30 or 8:00 the Skyliner is an option. We prefer walking.

Thank you for your reply. I forgot there was no bus to HS. :crazy2:
We’ll definitely be walking then because I want to make sure we’re inside the park for RotR BG.

We just got home from another great stay at the YC. This was our 4th time there. Our 3 previous YC trips were club level but this time we decided to channel that upcharge into cabana rentals instead. We reserved a cabana for 3 full days and it really enhanced our time at the pool by a wide margin. This trip in general was definitely designed to be more resort/less park time and it lived up to our expectations. Our YC room was as far away from the lobby as I think you can get, but we didn’t mind because we had access in/out through the side door and just used the stairs. My DH in particular loved not having to rely on the elevators! DS7 did the Captain Hook’s Pirate Cruise twice this trip and reported it to be “great fun”. He also did it last May but said it was better this time (he couldn’t explain why though, lol; he liked it a lot then as well). I’ve always enjoyed our CL stays in the past but I think we may be shifting our priorities in the future to replicate this latest experience. We already have another trip tentatively booked for June! We love that there are so many different ways to build our trips depending on what matters to us at the time.

Here’s a question.
(We have our own car)

Is driving to HS and parking an option for you or did you want to avoid the parking fee? That's what I'd do in order to get a BG, then depending upon when your BG is leave/drive to BCV and take care of luggage then. While there I'd grab breakfast if time and then take the leisurely stroll back to HS for my BG and other fun.

Beach Club has converted my vacation-hating husband. We just got home from our trip last night and in our 17 years together this is seriously the second trip we've ever taken anywhere (1st was a week in Costa Rica!) where he was still in a good mood on the way home. He's requested we only ever stay at BC from now on because he enjoyed so much being able to just stroll into Epcot or over to the beach or across to the boardwalk whenever he felt like. He even "accidentally rope-dropped Epcot" one morning on his walk, lol.

Is driving to HS and parking an option for you or did you want to avoid the parking fee? That's what I'd do in order to get a BG, then depending upon when your BG is leave/drive to BCV and take care of luggage then. While there I'd grab breakfast if time and then take the leisurely stroll back to HS for my BG and other fun.

We’re AP holders so the parking is a non issue. I kind of like your idea of driving over to get a BG. I’m so used to rope dropping HS but I hear it’s a total nightmare now in the morning. This may be a perfect way to tackle it.

So we are now totally booked at BCV or YC. We are staying BCV June 29th-July 12th and then YC July 20-21st. We were going to stay at a value for the very last night but since we won’t have tickets, APs expire on the 18th, we want to hangout at the best pool on property :sunny:

Beach Club has converted my vacation-hating husband. We just got home from our trip last night and in our 17 years together this is seriously the second trip we've ever taken anywhere (1st was a week in Costa Rica!) where he was still in a good mood on the way home. He's requested we only ever stay at BC from now on because he enjoyed so much being able to just stroll into Epcot or over to the beach or across to the boardwalk whenever he felt like. He even "accidentally rope-dropped Epcot" one morning on his walk, lol.

That's amazing!!!

My wife and I are staying at BCV for the very first time later this year and I can't wait!!!

Page 1603-1604

Usually just a lurker here but excited to be heading back again!!! Although an a trip in the August heat is a little worrisome - it is literally the only time that would work for us this year! So we are currently booked at BC 7/31-8/7. It is our first time staying at BC as we have always preferred YC. No garden view availability at the YC though... so BC it is... Still keeping an eye out for YC openings or maybe biting the bullet and paying the extra $$ for a water view room at YC. Maybe if my husbands bonus turns out to be more than we expect!!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Keep checking for the YC GV rooms.

I have had a few BC trips in August. With preparation for heat and precipitation (see my hints for using ponchos and ziploc bags) and going to the parks early while the temps and crowds are lower, you can have a great time. The BC/YC is a great place for a mid-day pool break before returning to the parks in the evening.

:cool1:

So excited- we just modified our reservation for 2/26-3/2 from CBR to YC! I've stayed BW and BC but never Yacht! I'm very excited to try it out!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any last minute questions.

:goodvibes

We just got home from another great stay at the YC. This was our 4th time there. Our 3 previous YC trips were club level but this time we decided to channel that upcharge into cabana rentals instead. We reserved a cabana for 3 full days and it really enhanced our time at the pool by a wide margin. This trip in general was definitely designed to be more resort/less park time and it lived up to our expectations. Our YC room was as far away from the lobby as I think you can get, but we didn’t mind because we had access in/out through the side door and just used the stairs. My DH in particular loved not having to rely on the elevators! DS7 did the Captain Hook’s Pirate Cruise twice this trip and reported it to be “great fun”. He also did it last May but said it was better this time (he couldn’t explain why though, lol; he liked it a lot then as well). I’ve always enjoyed our CL stays in the past but I think we may be shifting our priorities in the future to replicate this latest experience. We already have another trip tentatively booked for June! We love that there are so many different ways to build our trips depending on what matters to us at the time.

Thanks for reporting about your trip.

So how was the weather and how was the pool? Who went in?

:fish:

That's a great suggestion!

:thumbsup2

As another lover of the Beach Club, I am so glad to hear that! Hope to see you back again.

Also interested in hearing about your Costa Rica trip. Private message me if you have a chance. I'm going with my family in a few weeks.

🦜

We’re at Beach Club from May 18th to June 1st!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

So we are now totally booked at BCV or YC. We are staying BCV June 29th-July 12th and then YC July 20-21st. We were going to stay at a value for the very last night but since we won’t have tickets, APs expire on the 18th, we want to hangout at the best pool on property :sunny:

I'll adjust your dates, although I'm a little confused by the times.

Two trips? Something in-between?

::yes::

Thanks for reporting about your trip.

So how was the weather and how was the pool? Who went in?

Weather was great Monday through Thursday. A couple of mornings were cloudy but the sun was out by noon each day. We all went into the pool multiple times each day. It was quite warm out so the water was a nice reprieve. Friday was cloudy, windy, and much cooler (50s) but we weren’t at the pool that day anyway. We felt very lucky in how it all turned out! Cabanas were fully booked each day we had one, too. We reserved several months ago (around October, I think). 😊

[/QUOTE]I'll adjust your dates, although I'm a little confused by the times.

Two trips? Something in-between?

::yes::
[/QUOTE]
Lol sorry, it is confusing. We are going off site to an VRBO with my parents for a week in between. We were going to go home from there but flights were cheaper on the 21st so we decided why not go back for one night and we get magical express! Thanks for updating :lovestruc

I am debating between YC and BC, and we will be staying CL. I read one blogger's reviews of the Regatta and Stone Harbor Clubs, and wondered whether either one was better than the other, service-wise.

It will be me, my husband and my son, who will be 8. We want a balcony also. I'm trying to decide if we should stay YC for a balcony, or BC because it is more kid-friendly.

I know that wherever we end up, it will be great, because we will be at Disney, and I have lots of time to make a decision. But since this is a high dollar vacation, I would like to find the best fit for us.

I am debating between YC and BC, and we will be staying CL. I read one blogger's reviews of the Regatta and Stone Harbor Clubs, and wondered whether either one was better than the other, service-wise.

It will be me, my husband and my son, who will be 8. We want a balcony also. I'm trying to decide if we should stay YC for a balcony, or BC because it is more kid-friendly.

I know that wherever we end up, it will be great, because we will be at Disney, and I have lots of time to make a decision. But since this is a high dollar vacation, I would like to find the best fit for us.

:welcome: to this forum!

When is your proposed trip?

:cool1:

I have stayed at both BC and YC CL, you really can't go wrong with either. Theoretically, same managers, same offerings. I'm not sure if the CMs rotate by working at either lounge.

I wouldn't say that BC is significantly more kid-friendly than YC. The lobbies of the two resorts have different vibes, due to the Cape May restaurant, but I don't think your son will be out of place at all.

Although about 75% of the BC CL rooms have full balconies, if this is a very important factor, then YC is the way to go. There is one room, 5163 that does not have a balcony at the YC CL. I believe this is a water view, corner room with a couple of banks of windows.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!