Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I did 2 party-of-2 reservations, but 10 minutes apart. I couldn't get them at the same time. I did one reservation with my account, and another reservation with my wife's disney account. You can't use the same account, even with different names.
If you don’t have two MDE accounts at your disposal, the workaround is to select a different lead guest than yourself when booking the FIRST reservation, then you’ll be able to go beck in and book a second using your name as the lead on #2.

So we will be headed to the Tragical Express early this afternoon. We have had a wonderful trip. We did get caught in a Downpour yesterday at AK and got soaked. 2CMs went above and beyond to help when we stopped undercover near Tusker House. We stopped at Guest Relations on our way out to commend them officially.
We are leaving Villa 102. I specifically stated I did not want a first floor Villa. But as always it was lovely It looked out on to the pathway from the Dune Cove pool to the front. The pool was in the background. i have never been on this hallway spur before. We were the last Villa on the hall and could enter and exit at the stairway right there. It made us really close to the Bus Stop.
Again , no luck with Touring Plan request.
Every bus driver, and we used the buses 5 times, were wonderful in helping me park my scooter. The only less than enthusiastic CM was the boat Captain going to Disney Springs.
I need to get packing but will try to finalize our trip later.

Last edited:

We are leaving Villa 102. I specifically stated I did not want a first floor Villa. But as always it was lovely It looked out on to the pathway from the Dune Cove pool to the front. The pool was in the background. i have never been on this hallway spur before. We were the last Villa on the hall and could enter and exit at the stairway right there. It made us really close to the Bus Stop.
Again , no luck with Touring Plan request.
Every bus driver, and we used the buses 5 times, were wonderful in helping me park my scooter. The only less than enthusiastic CM was the boat Captain going to Disney Springs.
I need to get packing but will try to finalize our trip later.

BCV requests are usually a bust for us. I always request first floor, near lobby and we typically receive anything but! Love the area you were in and it is always my hoped for wing--last fall we got the wing, but on the 4th floor. :scared: Glad you enjoyed your stay. We are at BWV in the spring but back at BCV in the fall with our same requests--1st floor, near lobby. :D

We are home and suffering withdrawal blues. We had a wonderful week in BCV 102. The Villa was pristine on our arrival. It was fresh and clean. In the mindset of nitpicking the only 2 things I saw when trying to find fault was a small scuff on the wall opposite the toilet, and a sticky door handle leaving the shower room. Really that was looking for negatives. I was in the Villa when Mousekeeping came for trash and towel service. He offered to come back but I said not necessary. He was very, very nice and left extra shampoo and conditioner, as requested. Our kitchen Trash and Recycling was emptied daily while we were out, which I appreciated.
We had lots of lotion, but no note paper or pen.
After a week I agree that the entrance to Epcot at the IG is very different. It is busy. But it handles the new volume well. We never waited long
We had an ADR at Oga's Cafe for lunch one day. We spent time in Batuu, not expecting to ride either ride this trip. We chatted with a wonderful CM for awhile and interacted with Chewy and Ren. It was great fun. The land is amazing.
We enjoyed a beverage and snacks at Baseline Tap House while waiting for our ADR time. We enjoyed that as well.
Everyone like their first trip on Slinky Dog Dash. It does compare nicely to 7DMT.
Our favorite meal of the trip was Teppan Edo in Japan, It was outstanding and the chef was an older gentlemen and he was great fun. We were all disappointed this trip in Spice Road Table, which we have enjoyed several times in the past. But we did sit outside and it was coldish and misty so not the best.
We enjoyed Epcot Forever from our table. The Kites pulled by Jet skis are amazing. Our surprise restaurant was dinner at Ale & Compass Restaurant on arrival night. We loved it and will be back.
Any other questions I can answer?
We love the BCV, our home resort and are looking forward to our already booked October trip

A thought if you need to leave a note for Mousekeeping: I never think to do thank you notes ahead of time. So when I leave our tips and want to include a thank you or request, I use the back of the paper coasters form the glasses (I almost always have a pen). We’ve done this our past 3 visits, and it seems to work just fine. They replace the coaster, so we don’t run out.

I have a reservation for next week at YC and due to the makeup of our travel party we would really (really) like a room with 2q and a daybed.

I have noted this request this with my reservation but I was wondering if there are a large number of these rooms vs the 2q? Alternately are there more in one room category than another … I am currently in a garden/woods view but would upgrade/downgrade if it meant more of a possibility of the daybed.

I tried using TP but they don't show any 2Q with a daybed so this got me a bit worried.

TIA

BCV requests are usually a bust for us. I always request first floor, near lobby and we typically receive anything but!

Do you request ahead of time through reservations or DVC member services? The online check-in request form does nothing at all and is probably never even used or seen by anyone. I generally do the online chat with DVC MS and they note the reservation accordingly. It's worked well for me the past few trips. Just try to be as generic as possible. (For instance, don't request a specific room. If it's not available - which will likely be the case - the request is then ignored completely.)

@Hopefully - I've seen you posting around the DIS for a long time, long before my time here. Reading your trip report was a treat. So glad you enjoyed your stay.
THANK YOU @GADisneyDad14 Yes I have been on the DIS for a long time. My Signature states 1999, but I was here before the great server crash and lost post Counts prior to that.
Now that I have retired, I have lots of time to DIS😀.
I try to be positive and upbeat and help “ newbies”.

I have a reservation for next week at YC and due to the makeup of our travel party we would really (really) like a room with 2q and a daybed.

I have noted this request this with my reservation but I was wondering if there are a large number of these rooms vs the 2q? Alternately are there more in one room category than another … I am currently in a garden/woods view but would upgrade/downgrade if it meant more of a possibility of the daybed.

I tried using TP but they don't show any 2Q with a daybed so this got me a bit worried.

TIA

I am not really sure of the percentage of rooms at the Yacht Club which have a daybed or if one of the view categories has more than the others.

Have you noted a reason for your daybed with your request? For example, "teen children of opposite gender, daybed if possible".

When you check-in, if you find you have been assigned to a room without a daybed, visit the front desk to see if there is a room you can switch to with a daybed, or when a room will be available if you are willing to move if it will be a day or two. You could also request a rollaway cot if that would help.

::yes::

Thanks - and yes I did mention our travel group when making the request but the CM didn't really seem that interested and stated twice that it was only a request and no guarantee, which I did know. I may call back and just do the request again.

We are willing to move and its good to know a cot is an option, for some reason I didn't think Disney resorts offered cots. I wish I could just book this outright...… oh well :)

I am not really sure of the percentage of rooms at the Yacht Club which have a daybed or if one of the view categories has more than the others.

Have you noted a reason for your daybed with your request? For example, "teen children of opposite gender, daybed if possible".

When you check-in, if you find you have been assigned to a room without a daybed, visit the front desk to see if there is a room you can switch to with a daybed, or when a room will be available if you are willing to move if it will be a day or two. You could also request a rollaway cot if that would help.

::yes::

Thanks - and yes I did mention our travel group when making the request but the CM didn't really seem that interested and stated twice that it was only a request and no guarantee, which I did know. I may call back and just do the request again.

Did you call again and ask them to read the request back to you, so you can make sure it was entered correctly? I would try that.

Heading to BC in 5 days. Watching the weather like crazy. Unfortunately I am required to over pack due to the fluctuations in the temps. Looks like it’s going to be a lot warmer then the last time we were there over NYE where they closed SAB because it was so cold!

Heading to BC in 5 days. Watching the weather like crazy. Unfortunately I am required to over pack due to the fluctuations in the temps. Looks like it’s going to be a lot warmer then the last time we were there over NYE where they closed SAB because it was so cold!

Lol. We’ve done NYE the last two years and I find this time of year among the most frustrating to pack. You literally have to have everything from shorts to heavy jackets! Makes for packed suitcases for us.

Hope you have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter