Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is Beach Club still undergoing their WIFI upgrade work ? I know they were closing certain sections to upgrade the rooms with wires etc . Does anyone know what floor they are currently working on?

They have been staking out prime spots since mid-afternoon.

We left just before 1pm I think to hang at the pool. We are now seated at Rose and Crown for the fireworks dinner package. The staff is incredible, especially having to deal with that downpour changing their seating strategy. I am so glad I booked this package, it is crazy out there! Also, very glad we moved from the Poly to BCV, walking back will be so much better than any form of transportation.

Sorry, I have no idea how to get these pictures to be vertical, wasn’t sure if anyone had posted the October Activities yet.

We finished up all of DHS including drinks at Oga’s then rode the Skyliner back to Epcot to walk to BCV. It took us 17min total from boarding at DHS to disembarking at Epcot, we really enjoyed it.

7CBC74F5-8D48-4332-B6CA-A6FF6C8AA19A.jpeg

Sorry, I have no idea how to get these pictures to be vertical, wasn’t sure if anyone had posted the October Activities yet.

We finished up all of DHS including drinks at Oga’s then rode the Skyliner back to Epcot to walk to BCV. It took us 17min total from boarding at DHS to disembarking at Epcot, we really enjoyed it.

View attachment 440647
The easiest way to get the pictures to be vertical is to take them with your cellphone in the landscape position. ;)

By the way, thanks for posting the October activities schedule. We will be arriving tomorrow morning. :cheer2:

I can't wait to ride the Skyliner. Are the lines still really long?

The easiest way to get the pictures to be vertical is to take them with your cellphone in the landscape position. ;)

By the way, thanks for posting the October activities schedule. We will be arriving tomorrow morning. :cheer2:

I can't wait to ride the Skyliner. Are the lines still really long?

There was no line at all at the DHS station nor when we transferred to the Epcot line at CBR. The line was insane last night after Illuminations but the whole thing had been shut for a while and didn’t seem to start back up until we were almost back to our room. While it has been moving we haven’t seen long lines, but it has been stopped quite a bit.

Thank you for the picture information! I usually upload them to my computer before posting but the wifi in our room is terrible so I am limited to the iPhone for posting.

Page 1543

I am staying at the Beach Club next August and am very excited! I have not stayed here since my first trip in 2002, and am most looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot and Studios!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Just returned from BC on Sunday. We were on the 3rd floor, rooms 3672 & 3675, both had Kuerigs.

We had an issue with one of them, and housekeeping replaced it in under 20 min. So if you get the pod kind, just call housekeeping

Thanks for the info and helpful tip!

:coffee:

Page 1544 posted previously

Page 1545-1546

Can we be added to the guest list? We are officially booked for Sept 14-18 2020! Yacht club water view room.

Will do!

I remembered to take photos in the shop today for the person who wanted to know about medicine and baby stuff available :-)

Great pictures! Thanks so much!

:goodvibes

Please add us to the guest list! We'll be at YC in a garden/woods view room 4/19-26 to celebrate my retirement and DH's birthday! I was able to book with the military discount that came out today. So excited to try a new resort!

Congrats on your upcoming celebrations and thank you for your family's service.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

My family just booked today for 2020, with the military discount as well, this will be our first trip to the Yacht Club so we are excited to be staying somewhere new (we have stayed at the Beach Club before). We will be there July 20th-August 3rd 2020, would love to be added to the guest list.

:welcome: back and thanks for your family's service!

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

Page 1547-1548

I just returned from a three night stay. Mother/daughter trip and we just went to Epcot to enjoy Food and Wine. We were in room 3699. Two queen beds, no couch/pull out, and full balcony. I did not make any room requests for this stay, but if we stay here in the future I'll request something close to the lobby. From the room you could see the Swan/Dolphin and it overlooked the main pool. But you couldn't really see the pool, mostly you could just see roof. We didn't use the balcony at all - lovebugs EVERYWHERE! The room was pretty far from the lobby and was right next to a service room/elevator. The common wall was the wall with the TV and mirror and thankfully not the beds. Often when we were taking an afternoon break the whole wall with the TV would shake because staff was busy moving cleaning carts, etc. Not constant or loud, just startled us at first! We had a Keurig coffee maker which was nice. The coffee wasn't amazing, but 100% better than those old coffee makers. We had "full sized" bath products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar of soap, mouth wash, and lotion). Our room was serviced midday and we had turn down service each night (beds turned down, TV on to the resort channel, and chocolates). I don't remember having turn down service last year when we stayed at the BC. Two things I just don't like about BC are - lack of QS space and the lobby smell (to me it smells like burnt cookies). On our check out day we spent some time in the solarium which was nice and quiet (and cool) compared to the busy main lobby. We didn't get refillable mugs, but I noticed a lot of the Halloween mugs. Anther observation was character voices in the elevators announcing the floor level. Cracked us up! Overall we had a lovely time at BC.

Thanks so much for your review!

We returned last week from an amazing two week stay at Beach Club (7th to 21st September).

We were in room 4586. Great location, close to Epcot (we could sit on the balcony and listen to the band in the UK pavilion and had great views of Illuminations above the trees.) View itself was entirely woodland. Full balcony, two queen beds, no daybed. We had the usual toiletries with the exception of lotion. Housekeeping in our section came around mid morning - super convenient as we were using EEMH almost every day and came back late afternoon for a rest.

WIFI was TERRIBLE throughout our stay. Coming from the UK, we typically rely on WIFI and this is the first time we've been let down. Connection in our room would be down for hours, sometimes days at a time.

We spent 3-4 mornings at the pool, low crowds, lots of time spent in the lazy river and sipping Pina Colavas from Hurricane Hannah's. We never did figure out the secret to waiter service this time around, saw lots of servers around different areas but no one in the different areas where we were sitting. I really do feel the pool is the superstar on this resort and we had a great time relaxing here. We even had some of the characters join us at the poolside one day!

QS options were really limited but we knew that going in. DH in particular wasn't happy with the lack of choices compared to POR last year and we did talk a lot about whether the pool/proximity to Epcot would outweigh food options for us on our next stay.

Overall a fantastic trip in a beautiful resort that really felt like home for two weeks.

Thanks for the details about your stay.

:thumbsup2

Hi all, does anyone have any experience of how the Skyliner opening has affected the World Showcase entrance to Epcot? Do people coming from the Skyliner now share the small entrance that Crescent Lake guests use? If so, how are the crowds?

:welcome: to the thread!

It will be interesting to see the impact in the next few months.

::yes::

This cabana is heavenly. This trip so far has been fabulous. Just waiting for the nice server to come back with my bourbon drink and absolute relaxation will have been achieved. This even makes up for having to hang all my laundry around my room because the only available dryer in the villas was broken.

There is such a difference in atmosphere between the Poly and the Beach Club, I instantly felt relaxed and at home the moment we entered the lobby.

26 days until we're married and 27 under our check-in at Yacht Club in a waterview room (after not much sleep 😴)!!!! I know this isn't a countdown thread but I'm too excited.. My fiance and I have started private dance lessons for our first dance and are surprising our entire family (including parents) with a choreographed dance! We're also going to do a bubble send off at the end of the night, with "I See The Light" from Tangled playing. Gotta throw in some Disney magic 😉

Dee - Thank you for creating and keeping up such a wonderful thread!! It helps me maintain my excitement for our honeymoon and sanity during wedding planning! And thank you to all who contribute and keep us updated on all things YC/BC. pixiedust:

Thanks for the kind words. So glad we could help!

There was no line at all at the DHS station nor when we transferred to the Epcot line at CBR.

Et al

Thanks so much for all of the great reports and the activities calendar.

:thumbsup2

So excited! I was able to change our BC reservation to BCV, the best part is that we will be saving money with the switch. :dogdance:

Got it!

:cool2:

Dee, I'm hoping Mark has a great trip because if he does, I know that means you will have one too. Enjoy your vacation.
Katesdad

View attachment 440897

Thank you, my friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter