Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi Dee just booked for next summer, can you put us on the BOG list for 7/31-8/8 at the BCV’s. Thanks!!

Btw, we were in a studio at SSR for 1 night, BCV 1BD for 3 nights and VGF 1Bd for 2 nights and did not have pen and paper, lotion or tissues at any of the properties.

Dumb question but if you book a normal room through Disney reservations do they also not have the lotion or pen/paper or this is a DVC thing. If I booked the BCV through Disney reservations I know the mousekeeping is included but are there other things that are different than if I was a DVC member staying on points? I actually use the pen paper a lot in rooms.

There should have been tissues in the DVC rooms. If not, that is something you can ask housekeeping to bring you.

I stayed BCV booked through Disney reservations (not on my DVC points) last month. No lotion, no pen, no paper. There were tissues when I arrived.

When they clean the room between guests, I doubt housekeeping knows if the next guest will have a reservation booked on DVC points or a cash reservation booked through Disney reservations. I assume they set up the room the same way all the time. But I don't know this for a fact.

From following the 'lotion' thread it does not seem to be a 'DVC thing' people at all different resorts, DVC and not are reporting not receiving lotion or pen and paper, it seems that no one in the new CSR tower has received pen or paper.
We were at BWI this past weekend prior to the hurricane arriving, we didn't get a pen/paper (unfortunately meant my kids couldn't leave the notes for housekeeping they normally like to leave) or lotion. But we did call housekeeping about lotion and they brought it up immediately upon requesting it.

There should have been tissues in the DVC rooms. If not, that is something you can ask housekeeping to bring you.

I stayed BCV booked through Disney reservations (not on my DVC points) last month. No lotion, no pen, no paper. There were tissues when I arrived.

When they clean the room between guests, I doubt housekeeping knows if the next guest will have a reservation booked on DVC points or a cash reservation booked through Disney reservations. I assume they set up the room the same way all the time. But I don't know this for a fact.

This is my understanding as well, the rooms are set up the same for arrival regardless of points or cash usage.

Just booked YC CL Standard view for 6 nights. We had to book 2 rooms, so our first request is to have the rooms near one another, the second request was to have balconies. Should I put in for a third request? How are the CL Standard view rooms and do they all have full balconies? Are all CL located higher?

Just booked YC CL Standard view for 6 nights. We had to book 2 rooms, so our first request is to have the rooms near one another, the second request was to have balconies. Should I put in for a third request? How are the CL Standard view rooms and do they all have full balconies? Are all CL located higher?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

All YC CL Standard View rooms are on the 5th floor (top floor of the resort) and have full balconies. There is just one YC CL room, water view room 4163, I believe, that does not have a balcony.

Maybe close to lobby. If I recall correctly some of the further YC CL rooms have pretty awful views.

:goodvibes

Ok thanks! I wasn't sure if there were certain DVC rooms that Disney owns and just uses those for people who book on a cash reservation or if it is random.

Ok next question. When taking Magical Express to the resort is it usually a drop off in a certain order or do they randomly stop? Is there an estimate to how long it takes to get to BCV after landing from MCO? We are pretty fast walkers so we tend to get through the airports quick (I do a lot of business travel for a living).

Ok next question. When taking Magical Express to the resort is it usually a drop off in a certain order or do they randomly stop? Is there an estimate to how long it takes to get to BCV after landing from MCO? We are pretty fast walkers so we tend to get through the airports quick (I do a lot of business travel for a living).
A lot of factors go into the estimated time for DME to resorts but the general range is to allow aprroximately 90 minutes from arrival gate to resort. You might get lucky and board a bus with no wait and be off, but our experiences have been 10 - 15 minutes from gate to DME check in, an average of 10 - 15 minutes to wait to board, another 10 - 15 minutes for bus to fill and depart and roughly 30 minutes to Disney property. You may be the first resort to drop off or the last. Generally a 5 - 10 minute allocation per resort.
As far as the order of drop off from MCO to BC/BCV, in our multiple times of using DME the order has been CBR, BW, BC, YC. Our exceptions have been with a stop once at OKW. Also, there have been a few trips where there were no BW drop offs so we skipped that stop.
As with anything related to Disney, results will vary. And routes are always subject to change based on resort demand at any given time.

A lot of factors go into the estimated time for DME to resorts but the general range is to allow aprroximately 90 minutes from arrival gate to resort. You might get lucky and board a bus with no wait and be off, but our experiences have been 10 - 15 minutes from gate to DME check in, an average of 10 - 15 minutes to wait to board, another 10 - 15 minutes for bus to fill and depart and roughly 30 minutes to Disney property. You may be the first resort to drop off or the last. Generally a 5 - 10 minute allocation per resort.
As far as the order of drop off from MCO to BC/BCV, in our multiple times of using DME the order has been CBR, BW, BC, YC. Our exceptions have been with a stop once at OKW. Also, there have been a few trips where there were no BW drop offs so we skipped that stop.
As with anything related to Disney, results will vary. And routes are always subject to change based on resort demand at any given time.

Thanks! It will be fun to see some of the other resorts (well mainly CBR because we'll see the other two during our trip).

When is your trip?

All YC CL Standard View rooms are on the 5th floor (top floor of the resort) and have full balconies. There is just one YC CL room, water view room 4163, I believe, that does not have a balcony.

Maybe close to lobby. If I recall correctly some of the further YC CL rooms have pretty awful views.

Ok, so I'll ask to be close to the lobby. I don't want an awful view! We're going the first week of May.

We are staying at YC in December (Christmas). Really hoping for a daybed. We have garden/woods view. Does anyone know if there a lot of daybed rooms in this category?

If you have never used the Magical Express before, your time to reach the Magical Express check-in point from your MCO arrival gate will vary, depending on your airline.

The Magical Express is located on the first level of the airport, on the "B" side. If your airline is on the "B" side of the airport, you just need to take the elevator or escalator to level one, once on the land side, then walk to the far end, past all of the car rental counters. However, if your airline is on the "A" side, you first need to cross over to the "B" side, once on the air side, and then head down to level one.

I have found the stops to the YC and BC to vary. I would allow a minimum of 90 minutes after landing, assuming you have no checked bags to collect. That is an average, depending on how the routes are set up, based on loads and demand. I have been on a bus headed to the YC, but not the BC, which was unusual, and on a bus where the YC was the first stop, which was also unusual. So, there really are no set routes, just ones that are more common.

For YC, all but a handful of rooms have full balconies- mostly water view- so no need to add that to your request.

Those garden view rooms overlook the woods/quiet pool on the Swalfin area of the resort, or the wedding gazebo or back entrance (lakeside) courtyards.

Most people seem to enjoy the wedding gazebo view, some of which come with peek-a-boo lake views.

"Room with King bed please, wedding gazebo view if possible"

:thumbsup2
Definitely should have requested gazebo view! We overlooked woods and tennis courts and there were lots of service vehicles right behind the tennis courts. It was our first time staying at YC. Stormalong Bay sure is an awesome place!
From following the 'lotion' thread it does not seem to be a 'DVC thing' people at all different resorts, DVC and not are reporting not receiving lotion or pen and paper, it seems that no one in the new CSR tower has received pen or paper.
We had to ask for lotion but got it the second day while staying at YC. I left a note to request it on our tip envelope? We stayed at a Poly studio the last two nights on DVC points and lotion was in our room without asking for it.

I'll be staying at the BC 9/23 - 9/28 for an adults only trip with my my mom and uncle. I'm a DVC owner and BCV is my home resort, and have stayed at the villas several times, however this will be my first time at the hotel. We have a standard view reserved. I was wondering if I should put in any room requests? We would prefer a full balcony as my mom enjoys sitting outside, and also would like to not be on the ground floor. Anything else? Also, what's the best way to submit a request? Thanks so much for any feedback!

Page 1527

Dee , Would you be so kind as to add me to the be our guest list for 7/1/2020 thru 7/17/2020 which is my birthday . My son and his family will be joining me on the 11th .
Michael
View attachment 432153

Of course!

I love adding you to the BOG list. That is the BEST picture!

I'm so glad your son and family will be joining you for part of your trip.

:woohoo:

Would anyone currently staying there be able to take a picture of the current autograph book selection in the Beach Club Marketplace please?

We are coming from the UK and selection over here is limited but would like to get one before we head out to the parks

Thanks

When is your trip?

BUMP- anyone there now who can make a trip to the Marketplace to complete a mission?

:cool1:

Here now, trying to relax on my balcony in spite of a storm-avoiding local smoker and her dog yapping (neither will shut up) two balconies down (I’ve called front desk). Tons of others on their balconies with music blaring. Do not understand how people can be so inconsiderate of others.

That sucks! I can't stand it when people act like the rules don't apply to them.

:sad2:

Thank you for the info about some of the things the resort is offering during the hurricane.

Is there an area I should request in order to avoid dogs? I don't want to spend so much money and hear a dog barking all day.

No idea. I’m in a garden view overlooking the wedding gazebo, right near the elevator. I think they’ve got extra dogs this week due to locals avoiding the storm. All the dog owners I’ve seen have been locals, anyway. I don't normally see this many dogs when I’m here. In any case, the owner is way, way yappier than her dog. She and her BFF have been talking all night, currently about not being able to flush the toilet when her water is off, and she’s got serious potty mouth, that’s for sure. I know her life story at this point. She hasn’t shut up for hours.

Guests with dogs can be placed in any room at the resort, I believe, but at one point, the "designated" area was the first floor wing on the Hollywood Studios side, where the dog relief areas are located.

I believe that the rules the dog owner must follow is that if they are away from the room, they must be able to return within 30 minutes if there is a complaint about barking. We have had very few complaints of disruption from other guests. As @bookbabe626 indicates, this week is a special case with locals and their pets staying due to the hurricane.

Dog2.jpg

Dog1.jpg

:dog2:

Last edited:
Page 1528-1529

I should have requested a gazebo view for our 4 nights at YC week. I had a garden/woods view and requested high floor/full balcony. When checking in the cm indicated we had gotten our request so we were super excited. We did have a high floor and a full balcony! However, our view was of the tennis court and we had some serious service vehicle noise...lots of beeping. We were, of course, very thankful to have a full balcony! We have our coffee every morning on it as well as a glass of wine at night. Cannot underestimate the attraction of SAB either. We enjoyed it nearly ever afternoon.

We are at the Poly right now and Dorian has been kind to Orlando...horrifying for the Bahamas and our prayers are with them.

Thank you so much for all of your reports during (and after) your stay. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

:woohoo:

I probably should have given you my dates! :p

We will be there from 8/15/20 - 8/23/20. :cloud9:

Got it!

Trying to sneak in on the down low...have been absent for many months from the boards and have had two trips since my last post, one in the beginning of April and one mid August (celebratory last minute girls trip to use points and flight credits for a trip I had previously had to cancel). Spent most of my time during the first one on the phone. My mom took ill before Thanksgiving and have spent the last 9 months moving her in and out of hospitals, rehabs, assisted living etc and cleaning out her home of 50 years, doing some remodel and selling it.

Sorry for all you have gone through with your mom. I hope she is doing well and is settled now.

:hug:

Oh...and Dee, please add us to the BOG list. We will staying at BCV studio 10/19-26 for a 29th anniversary trip (our anniversary is actually on the 20th).

:welcome: back!

Will do!

So we had to reschedule our BC stay from 9/3/19-9/7/19 (thanks, Dorian) to 9/22/-9/26. As a result, we had to downgrade our room from a Water View to Garden/Woods View. Does anyone know of BC GV rooms that have a full balcony or are they all not full balconies? Thanks!

ETA - Found rooms on Touring Plans, but if anyone has GV rooms with Full Balconies they would recommend I am all ears!

I'll make the adjustment to the Be Our Guest list.

Another source for finding sample rooms (views, balcony, etc) is the Beach Club Room View thread on the Resorts subforum. The room descriptions are submitted by guests and are organized by view type.

::yes::

Hi Dee just booked for next summer, can you put us on the BOG list for 7/31-8/8 at the BCV’s. Thanks!!

:welcome: back!

You bet!

:cool1:

WDW has set up a new Twitter account to handle all the #CastCompliments guests send in!

https://twitter.com/CastCompliment
This account will be 100% devoted to recognizing the incredible Cast Members that make Disney Parks what they are!

Tag @WDWGuestService and use #castcompliment in your tweets, and we'll broadcast the highlights!

~NM

Thanks for posting that! I'll add it to the FAQ "Guest Comment" post.

:thanks:

We are staying at YC in December (Christmas). Really hoping for a daybed. We have garden/woods view. Does anyone know if there a lot of daybed rooms in this category?

I wish I knew how many rooms have daybeds and where they are (ditto on the king beds at the resort).

Best advice is to make this your priority, and perhaps only room request, especially if your party is less than 5 members.

If you are assigned to a room without at daybed, you can ask for a different room at the front desk, but since this is a busy time of year, the resort is likely fully booked. You can also request a rollaway cot.

I'll be staying at the BC 9/23 - 9/28 for an adults only trip with my my mom and uncle. I'm a DVC owner and BCV is my home resort, and have stayed at the villas several times, however this will be my first time at the hotel. We have a standard view reserved. I was wondering if I should put in any room requests? We would prefer a full balcony as my mom enjoys sitting outside, and also would like to not be on the ground floor. Anything else? Also, what's the best way to submit a request? Thanks so much for any feedback!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

The majority of rooms at the resort have two queen beds. Some, but not all have daybeds. Will you be fine with just two beds or would you be more comfortable with an additional daybed?

The best way to submit a room request is to call Disney Central Reservations (or have your travel agent do it). List your requests in priority order.

"Full balcony, please. Daybed if possible for 3 adults of different genders. Not first floor."

:dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter