Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Which resort? Beach Club? For garden views, the rooms overlook the woods near the EPCOT side of the building, or one of the courtyards- the volleyball courtyard or the back entrance (lakeside) courtyard. A lot of the volleyball courtyard rooms also have peek-a-boo views of the lake.

Make sure you list your requests in priority order. There are limited rooms with a king bed at the resort.

"King bed, please. Full balcony, if possible. Volleyball courtyard view if possible" Or "Full balcony, please. King bed if possible. Volleyball courtayard view preferred"

Something like that.

:goodvibes
Oh my goodness, I forgot to say YC.

Oh my goodness, I forgot to say YC.

For YC, all but a handful of rooms have full balconies- mostly water view- so no need to add that to your request.

Those garden view rooms overlook the woods/quiet pool on the Swalfin area of the resort, or the wedding gazebo or back entrance (lakeside) courtyards.

Most people seem to enjoy the wedding gazebo view, some of which come with peek-a-boo lake views.

"Room with King bed please, wedding gazebo view if possible"

:thumbsup2

For YC, all but a handful of rooms have full balconies- mostly water view- so no need to add that to your request.

Those garden view rooms overlook the woods/quiet pool on the Swalfin area of the resort, or the wedding gazebo or back entrance (lakeside) courtyards.

Most people seem to enjoy the wedding gazebo view, some of which come with peek-a-boo lake views.

"Room with King bed please, wedding gazebo view if possible"

:thumbsup2
perfect thanks!

I walked by Ariels with the Beaches and Cream setup. It was rather strange; this very large room with just a few of the tables and chairs from B and C. Definitely not a great atmosphere but will do if you want to grab some ice cream and go.

They’ve added more tables and chairs now, looks like out of a conference room maybe? Round banquet style look, with black tablecloths.

Here now, trying to relax on my balcony in spite of a storm-avoiding local smoker and her dog yapping (neither will shut up) two balconies down (I’ve called front desk). Tons of others on their balconies with music blaring. Do not understand how people can be so inconsiderate of others.

Epcot hours got extended to 7pm, and Disney Springs until 8pm. Still no storm here. Gorgeous night. SAB still open. DH is down there as I type this.

The Market somehow lost one of my packages that I’d had sent back from MouseGears, and they sent a runner over this afternoon to get me new Haunted Mansion leggings so I’d have them to lounge in tonight. They really know how to go over and above.

Had a great dinner at Yachtsman, which was doing a fast-food-style limited menu. Adults $15, choice of prime rib, chicken or salmon with mashed potatoes and green beans, non-alcoholic drinks and dessert (cookies) included. No real service at the table, although servers were helping carry plates to tables if you needed. Drinks (sodas, water, iced tea) and plastic cutlery were out on a serving table to help yourself. Weird eating prime rib off paper plates with plastic cutlery, but very good, especially at the price. Went to Ariel’s for B&C after, neither place was terribly busy.

Lobby was packed with kids enjoying a Chip & Dale dance party as we returned to our room after dinner. Rec staff has been busy there all afternoon with games and activities.

Overall, YC and all the CMs have gone all out making sure guests are happy even with the early park closures. If only my smoking neighbour would go back home, life would be pretty perfect...

Here now, trying to relax on my balcony in spite of a storm-avoiding local smoker and her dog yapping (neither will shut up) two balconies down (I’ve called front desk). Tons of others on their balconies with music blaring. Do not understand how people can be so inconsiderate of others.

Epcot hours got extended to 7pm, and Disney Springs until 8pm. Still no storm here. Gorgeous night. SAB still open. DH is down there as I type this.

The Market somehow lost one of my packages that I’d had sent back from MouseGears, and they sent a runner over this afternoon to get me new Haunted Mansion leggings so I’d have them to lounge in tonight. They really know how to go over and above.

Had a great dinner at Yachtsman, which was doing a fast-food-style limited menu. Adults $15, choice of prime rib, chicken or salmon with mashed potatoes and green beans, non-alcoholic drinks and dessert (cookies) included. No real service at the table, although servers were helping carry plates to tables if you needed. Drinks (sodas, water, iced tea) and plastic cutlery were out on a serving table to help yourself. Weird eating prime rib off paper plates with plastic cutlery, but very good, especially at the price. Went to Ariel’s for B&C after, neither place was terribly busy.

Lobby was packed with kids enjoying a Chip & Dale dance party as we returned to our room after dinner. Rec staff has been busy there all afternoon with games and activities.

Overall, YC and all the CMs have gone all out making sure guests are happy even with the early park closures. If only my smoking neighbour would go back home, life would be pretty perfect...

Is there an area I should request in order to avoid dogs? I don't want to spend so much money and hear a dog barking all day.

So sorry about neighbor. I would go downstairs to front desk. The cigarette smoke would close up my chest and throat. The dog wouldn’t be the only one barking; my cough starts sounding like croup when I ingest nasty cigarette smoke.

Glad the rest of your evening seems to be shaping up well in spite of Dorian.

Is there an area I should request in order to avoid dogs? I don't want to spend so much money and hear a dog barking all day.

No idea. I’m in a garden view overlooking the wedding gazebo, right near the elevator. I think they’ve got extra dogs this week due to locals avoiding the storm. All the dog owners I’ve seen have been locals, anyway. I don't normally see this many dogs when I’m here. In any case, the owner is way, way yappier than her dog. She and her BFF have been talking all night, currently about not being able to flush the toilet when her water is off, and she’s got serious potty mouth, that’s for sure. I know her life story at this point. She hasn’t shut up for hours.

So sorry about neighbor. I would go downstairs to front desk. The cigarette smoke would close up my chest and throat. The dog wouldn’t be the only one barking; my cough starts sounding like croup when I ingest nasty cigarette smoke.

Glad the rest of your evening seems to be shaping up well in spite of Dorian.

They gave her a warning, somewhat pointlessly since she seems to have ignored it. They offered to move us, but I have no interest in packing up and moving to a new room, especially since our room is in a perfect location for us and has a great view. I’m hoping she’s checking out tomorrow after the storm passes.

Had a great dinner at Yachtsman, which was doing a fast-food-style limited menu. Adults $15, choice of prime rib, chicken or salmon with mashed potatoes and green beans, non-alcoholic drinks and dessert (cookies) included.

There is a strict "no smoking" policy for anywhere inside the resort and on the balconies. There are a few areas in back of the YC (one is under cover) that are designated as areas where guests may smoke. After a stern warning, any future smoking incident in a room or on a balcony will not be tolerated.

With pet dogs temporarily being allowed at all Disney resorts, due to the storm, barking dogs can be an issue. Service dogs and ESAs have typically not been much of a problem at the YC, where they are normally allowed.

Under the circumstances, it sounds like you had quite a good dinner at the YC.

With weather conditions hopefully improving, shortly, things should soon be returning to normal.

Last edited:
I should have requested a gazebo view for our 4 nights at YC week. I had a garden/woods view and requested high floor/full balcony. When checking in the cm indicated we had gotten our request so we were super excited. We did have a high floor and a full balcony! However, our view was of the tennis court and we had some serious service vehicle noise...lots of beeping. We were, of course, very thankful to have a full balcony! We have our coffee every morning on it as well as a glass of wine at night. Cannot underestimate the attraction of SAB either. We enjoyed it nearly ever afternoon.

We are at the Poly right now and Dorian has been kind to Orlando...horrifying for the Bahamas and our prayers are with them.

Page 1522

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I didn't give you a :welcome: when I commented on your other post.

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort?

:goodvibes

I probably should have given you my dates! :p

We will be there from 8/15/20 - 8/23/20. :cloud9:

Trying to sneak in on the down low...have been absent for many months from the boards and have had two trips since my last post, one in the beginning of April and one mid August (celebratory last minute girls trip to use points and flight credits for a trip I had previously had to cancel). Spent most of my time during the first one on the phone. My mom took ill before Thanksgiving and have spent the last 9 months moving her in and out of hospitals, rehabs, assisted living etc and cleaning out her home of 50 years, doing some remodel and selling it.

I feel really guilty as I saw all the early requests for info on the cabanas (I see you now have plenty but still wanted to share our experience) and we had some major pixie dust. We spend most of our time while we are at Disney at SAB and as a result all the longtime cast members know us by name. We have been doing the parks for 20 years at 3-4 times a year and are parked out. One of the managers stopped over at our table on our arrival day and since the cabanas were pretty wide open during the week he offered us a full day on the weekday of our choosing on the house!!! We were thrilled and looking forward to the experience. We had booked one years ago at the HRH over on the dark side but never on Disney property as we usually stay at BCV and of course none had ever been available at SAB.

We thought about our day and chose Thursday where the weather looked like it was going to cooperate and we might want to take advantage of the TV (first day of the Masters). We checked in at 10 and stayed until 7. We had cabana 3, which we liked. Our experience was similar to others with the gorgeous fruit tray in the morning and the sweet tray in the afternoon and a fully stocked mini fridge of coke products and bottled water. While there was no sunscreen in the cabana, it was offered by the cabana cast member and my husband took him up on it. It was a small tube of copper tone sport (either 30 or 50, not sure). The server that day was Dannie, who is one of our favorites, for whatever we might want from Hurricane Hannah’s. In addition, a private dining (room service) menu was provided and we were told we could order anything from that by calling the private dining line and it would be delivered. We thought about doing that for an early dinner but we were so full from the huge plate of pulled pork nachos and coconut shrimp Dannie suggested we order from hurricane hannah’s for something different (they are usually only served at the bar and are much smaller). She also scrounged up some sour cream from somewhere at our request-it isn’t usually served with the nachos, which was nice. There was also a Bluetooth speaker so that you could connect your mobile device and listen to music. That was a nice touch and would have been even better if the family from one of the cabanas hadn’t decided to play Let it Go over and over and over again at a pretty high volume.

We swam and sunned in our cushy lounge chairs through out the morning and early afternoon. My one comment there is if you enjoy using the main part of the pool (and not the zero entry sand area) it is a little bit of a hike to get to water on hot pavement.

We then settled inside the cabana, had some adult beverages and watched the first round of the Masters, which pretty much concluded at 7. It was a totally lovely day.

The next day we were asked if we would do it again if we were paying for it. I think the answer is it depends. Because we usually get down to SAB at opening time, we can usually get the shade we need since we are a small party usually 2 or 3. The extra amenities (sunscreen, fruit etc) we usually bring with us. It was nice to have dedicated service, but we don’t always use it and there is always music at the pool. I think it depends if there is some televised event I am interested in. It was lovely to sit and watch the Masters at the pool and just take a dip in or order hot food when I felt like it. I think if I really want a day to feel special or we are celebrating and there is a televised event that allows me to take full advantage of all the amenities, I would pay for a cabana for a day, otherwise, maybe not.

Last edited:
I first noticed the missing pen & pad during our stay in early February. I looked specifically for them when we went Easter week & commented about it in my posts then. One more little cut back that guests either don’t notice or won’t complain about. All these little cutbacks many people don’t care about or notice. But many of us do notice & care & they make me sad personally.

I also noticed I have not had a post visit survey in over a year. Has anyone else gotten one recently? I don’t know if it is the current manager who decides to send them or if WDW in general has stopped sending them. I find it interesting that as they start tweaking the amenities in the rooms is just when they stop asking for guest feedback. I know there is a letter in room with the manager’s email. But is anyone really going to send an email about pens, notepads & lotion??

We were there is April and Aug. Unfortunately I hadn’t checked in on the boards before I came down in August and I wished I had. I had specifically left lotion at home to reduce weight in my suitcase and ended up having to buy it once I was down there. When I had asked for it I was told they were no longer giving it out as a result of budget cuts-the cast member I talked to at the front desk called someone who literally gave him that response-next time I will bring my own but will also make a point of asking housekeeping. Btw, we were in a studio at SSR for 1 night, BCV 1BD for 3 nights and VGF 1Bd for 2 nights and did not have pen and paper, lotion or tissues at any of the properties.

I don’t do it after every stay but about every other year or so I usually do draft a letter copying any relevant resort of my thoughts. I think it is about time to do that again. And yes, I will be mentioning the lotion, paper and pens (and tissues). I am starting to get annoyed with all the items that used to be provided that I now need to bring. I keep bringing less and less clothes and more and more standard amenities. Before I know it I will be down to just the clothes on my back to allow for the amenities I need to bring from home to make our visit comfortable.

Oh...and Dee, please add us to the BOG list. We will staying at BCV studio 10/19-26 for a 29th anniversary trip (our anniversary is actually on the 20th).

Dumb question but if you book a normal room through Disney reservations do they also not have the lotion or pen/paper or this is a DVC thing. If I booked the BCV through Disney reservations I know the mousekeeping is included but are there other things that are different than if I was a DVC member staying on points? I actually use the pen paper a lot in rooms.

Dumb question but if you book a normal room through Disney reservations do they also not have the lotion or pen/paper or this is a DVC thing. If I booked the BCV through Disney reservations I know the mousekeeping is included but are there other things that are different than if I was a DVC member staying on points? I actually use the pen paper a lot in rooms.

From following the 'lotion' thread it does not seem to be a 'DVC thing' people at all different resorts, DVC and not are reporting not receiving lotion or pen and paper, it seems that no one in the new CSR tower has received pen or paper.

From following the 'lotion' thread it does not seem to be a 'DVC thing' people at all different resorts, DVC and not are reporting not receiving lotion or pen and paper, it seems that no one in the new CSR tower has received pen or paper.

Ok thanks!

So we had to reschedule our BC stay from 9/3/19-9/7/19 (thanks, Dorian) to 9/22/-9/26. As a result, we had to downgrade our room from a Water View to Garden/Woods View. Does anyone know of BC GV rooms that have a full balcony or are they all not full balconies? Thanks!

ETA - Found rooms on Touring Plans, but if anyone has GV rooms with Full Balconies they would recommend I am all ears!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter